Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 227

Thread: Obama wins over notre dame

  1. #211
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Your pettiness does nothing to change the fact that you know you havent supported your position with anything other than repeating it.

    Buh-bye.
    Bye. Don't let the door hit ya...

  2. #212
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    So let us work together to reduce the number of women seeking abortions, let's reduce unintended pregnancies. (Applause.) Let's make adoption more available. (Applause.) Let's provide care and support for women who do carry their children to term. (Applause.) Let's honor the conscience of those who disagree with abortion, and draft a sensible conscience clause, and make sure that all of our health care policies are grounded not only in sound science, but also in clear ethics, as well as respect for the equality of women." Those are things we can do. (Applause.)
    It seems to me that many of you simply want to find something offensive in his words.

    I'm no Obama fan, in fact he's done some seriously stupid things, and I agree that he's been uneven and inconsistent.

    However, I think his point here is absolutely spot on. This is precisely how to generate some kind of common ground.

    I'm against abortion and am a Christian, for what it's worth. However, I'm also against the way folks seem to pre-bash Obama, as if he's the devil incarnate. He's not.

    We all know the truth lies somewhere in between, and I find it hard to understand how taking the automatic hard line against him promotes useful debate.

  3. #213
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Corn flakes suck.

    And your Messiah is still campaigning.

    Why is that?
    I've grown rather tired of these types of posts.

    So, I say: prove it.

  4. #214
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Speeches are never anything except words and play-acting.

    Good to see the Democrats and other socialists are impressed with words and play-acting.

    The rest of us expect results.
    Please, prove this. Logic, links to credible sources, or even a point would do.

  5. #215
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Name them.



    It's the only reason he was elected.

    It's the only qualification he had to offer.

    He didn't have experience.
    He didn't have a workable plan.
    He didn't have a clue.

    But he had melanin.
    Can you prove any of your assertions, whatsoever?

  6. #216
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Will you say explicitly that abortion as a form of birth control is a morally wrong choice? Answer yes or no.
    This is a ridiculous way to phrase a question, and you know it. It's a complex issue.

  7. #217
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyst View Post
    However, I think his point here is absolutely spot on. This is precisely how to generate some kind of common ground.
    Just curious:
    What common ground is there between people that believe that abortion is the willful and deliberate ending of a innocent human life, and those that believe they should be able to do so at will?

    As I said before, The Obama's comments amount to saying "I know you disagree, but I don't care".

  8. #218
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Sorry, the majority of his DNA came from Europe, not Africa.

    The majority of his life's experiences came from his white relatives, not his black ones.

    The MOST important thing to note 'bout 'bama is that he DID NOT live his formative years as an impressionable young mulatto in the United States in the 1960's. He DOES NOT share the American black "experience".

    He's got a permanent tan. That's the only thing "black" about him.
    Wow, amazing..another post without a lick of proof or even logic.

  9. #219
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So does Catholic dogma. There can be no common ground here.

    The Obama essentially told them that "I know you disagree, but I don't really care."
    Are you sure this isn't just your interpretation?

  10. #220
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Right. The Messiah PRONOUNCED FROM ON HIGH that the great money making machine fed by dead babies will continue to be run unchecked, and the DNC will profit thereby.
    Can you support this assertion?

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1220212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •