Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 227

Thread: Obama wins over notre dame

  1. #201
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    No. What is the way that the majority, if not all, medical procedures are morally neutral?

    That is, how do you reach the conclusion that the majority, if not all, medical procedures are morally neutral?
    That they don't result in a moral question being begged or a morally consequential outcome. It's a medical procedure meant to alleviate medical conditions. They are morally neutral as there is no moral issue involved with their performance. Removal of the appendix is not a moral issue. Sewing on a pig's heart valve isn't a moral issue. Removing a fetus which has no functioning central nervous system and has never been self aware isn't a moral issue.

    It's morally neutral.

  2. #202
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That they don't result in a moral question being begged or a morally consequential outcome.
    You're just restating your premise. It doesnt matter how many times you restate your premise, you're still just restating the premise.

    So, you can actually address my question, or not. Let me know.

  3. #203
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You're just restating your premise. It doesnt matter how many times you restate your premise, you're still just restating the premise.

    So, you can actually address my question, or not. Let me know.
    I did. I'm sorry you don't understand.

  4. #204
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I did. I'm sorry you don't understand.
    I -do- understand that you're supporting your premise by stating it again.
    Sorry that YOU dont understand that by doing so, you aren't supporting your premise.

  5. #205
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I -do- understand that you're supporting your premise by stating it again.
    Sorry that YOU dont understand that by doing so, you aren't supporting your premise.
    If you can suggest a moral consequence to removing the appendix, sewing in a pig's heart valve, or removing a fetus, then you can move toward making an argument against moral neutrality.

    I stated that medical procedures are morally neutral BECAUSE they do not result in any moral consequence. Now if you can identify a moral consequence that would remove the neutrality of those procedures, I am all ears.

    But I totally understand if you want to just sit around and pat your boys on the back because we can all agree Nazis are bad.

  6. #206
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    If you can suggest a moral consequence to removing the appendix, sewing in a pig's heart valve, or removing a fetus, then you can move toward making an argument against moral neutrality.
    Sorry. Not my job. You claimed moral neutrality, and so it is up to you to illustrate same. Thus far all you have done is continue to re-state your claim in support of that claim.

    You may continue at your leisure.

  7. #207
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Sorry. Not my job. You claimed moral neutrality, and so it is up to you to illustrate same. Thus far all you have done is continue to re-state your claim in support of that claim.

    You may continue at your leisure.
    So you mean you want me to prove a negative by disproving the existence of a moral consequence?

    Yeah, not my job and it's a logical fallacy. But you may continue patting yourself on the back at your leisure. Honesty and genuine interest in intellectual discourse was never your strong suit anyway.

  8. #208
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So you mean you want me to prove a negative by disproving the existence of a moral consequence?
    Its -your- claim. You have to back -all of it- up for it to be sound.

    When you decide to do that, let me know. Else, I'll consider the matter closed.

  9. #209
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Its -your- claim. You have to back -all of it- up for it to be sound.

    When you decide to do that, let me know. Else, I'll consider the matter closed.
    Yes, the matter of your dishonesty and disingenuous nature is an open and shut case.

  10. #210
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Yes, the matter of your dishonesty and disingenuous nature is an open and shut case.
    Your pettiness does nothing to change the fact that you know you havent supported your position with anything other than repeating it.

    Buh-bye.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •