Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 227

Thread: Obama wins over notre dame

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is absolutely correct -- for instance. its impossible to argue that adultry, while legal, is not immoral.

    And if you DO make the argument that moral = legal and legal = moral, then nothing the Nazis did was immoral.
    Which is all well and good save for the fact that no one actually made that simplistic argument.

    Does your straw man get lonely?

  2. #192
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Which is all well and good save for the fact that no one actually made that simplistic argument.

    Does your straw man get lonely?
    You'll note that i was responding to someone other than you.

    I was responding to the comment that "Just because something is legal, or ethical according to politically motivated self-interested parties, doesn't make it either moral or ethical", which I correctly said was absolutely correct.

    So, you issue here is with that statement and the person that made it.

  3. #193
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You'll note that i was responding to someone other than you.

    I was responding to the comment that "Just because something is legal, or ethical according to politically motivated self-interested parties, doesn't make it either moral or ethical", which I correctly said was absolutely correct.

    So, you issue here is with that statement and the person that made it.
    Oh well if we're just sitting around patting each other on the back for stating the obvious, let me throw in a "good job", too.

  4. #194
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Oh well if we're just sitting around patting each other on the back for stating the obvious, let me throw in a "good job", too.
    So then... how is abotion 'morally neutral'?

  5. #195
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So then... how is abotion 'morally neutral'?
    The same way that the majority, if not all, medical procedures are morally neutral.

  6. #196
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The same way that the majority, if not all, medical procedures are morally neutral.
    Which is...?

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Which is...?
    That they are morally neutral.

  8. #198
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    That they are morally neutral.
    No. What is the way that the majority, if not all, medical procedures are morally neutral?

    That is, how do you reach the conclusion that the majority, if not all, medical procedures are morally neutral?

  9. #199
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    What about severe birth defects, heart and brain defects, down syndrome and other medical conditions that can be diagnosed prenatally?

    How do a you feel about parents who feel unable to bring a child into the world that would mostly likely suffer from day 1?

    Edit: I think I see you maybe already answered this a few pages back. Very honestly. Thanks.
    My wife did an internship at a hospital for these types of childeren. It is horrid, yes, and I don't know honestly. I think once again, I aire on the side of life. But what a horrible position for a parent to be in, and I would understand if someone else made that choice.


    Downs is a different level though, many have happy productive lives. so that I am less sympathetic too.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #200
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-04-10 @ 04:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    5,289

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Im pro choice.

    We have close friends who have a downs child, my wife and I love him, he is 32yrs old.

    I find peace when we are on our own together.


    His parents hope he dies before them, we do too.

Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •