Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 227

Thread: Obama wins over notre dame

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The original question asked about the -morality- of the issue.
    Which was an irrelevant framing of the question, which I pointed out. Morally isn't the issue here. Medical ethics are the issue.

    EDIT: And if you had bothered to read further, you would have noted that I also answered the question how it was framed, also.

    If I must repeat again for our less shining students, morally it is acceptable too because it is a morally neutral situation.
    Last edited by jallman; 05-18-09 at 02:14 PM.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Welcome to the First Amendment.

    Naturally, those on the left are demanding the government thugs beat people who use it.
    Yeah we all know how much you conservatives LOVE the 1st amendment like when those wearing T-shirts against Bush were escorted away from him and the responses were along the lines of "Well that is the right of Bush".

    ****ing hypocrites.

  3. #143
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Which was an irrelevant framing of the question, which I pointed out.
    You can argue that iof you want, but the fact of the matter is the person who asked the question wanted to know about the -morality- of the issue. Addressing the question in any other context avoids that question.

    EDIT: And if you had bothered to read further, you would have noted that I also answered the question how it was framed, also.
    Yes you did. I did not harp on you to answer the question.

  4. #144
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You can argue that iof you want, but the fact of the matter is the person who asked the question wanted to know about the -morality- of the issue. Addressing the question in any other context avoids that question.


    Yes you did. I did not harp on you to answer the question.
    Okay, but in answer to the morality of the issue, my answer is that it is a morally neutral situation, under certain constraints.

  5. #145
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Okay, but in answer to the morality of the issue, my answer is that it is a morally neutral situation, under certain constraints.
    That's fine. My point was simply that the moral question was indeed relevant because that's the issue the person who asked the question wanted addressed.

  6. #146
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwaters View Post
    Really? This is the first time anyone has defended the use of it with me. Is it a case where Democrats have called themselves the Democrat party? Or is it the opposition that has called them the Democrat party for over a century?. Because I assumed common sense dictates that people, corporations, and political parties can name themselves...and expect to be refered to as such by people who are older than middle school age kids.

    At any rate...they want to be called the Democratic Party now, is that too much to ask?
    The Democratic Party

    Also, The "Democrat" Party is a plot hatched by childish Conservatives. "Democratic Party" is a proper noun and any other such term is wrong

    Democrat Party (phrase) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)
    Shouldn't the bolded be "Democratics"? I mean, members of the Republican party are called Republicans, so shouldn't members of the Democratic party be called Democratics?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Any particular reason you keep trying to dodge the question? A simple question with a simple answer. Why are you afraid to give that answer?
    I asked for some clarification to your hypothetical, details that would be relevant to my answer. I asked this twice. You did not answer. Who is dodging what?

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Will you say explicitly that abortion as a form of birth control is a morally wrong choice? Answer yes or no.
    Depends. What are the cirmcumstances that brought the woman/girl to have to make this choice?

  8. #148
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    I asked for some clarification to your hypothetical, details that would be relevant to my answer. I asked this twice. You did not answer. Who is dodging what?
    You are. Attempting to rework/re-word the hypothetical to move it into your rather diminutive comfort zone is a dodge.

    You want to morph the hypothetical, you answer the question first and then move into the evolutions you find preferable. That is the order of things.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Depends. What are the cirmcumstances that brought the woman/girl to have to make this choice?
    She got pregnant. Assume it was not an immaculate conception.

  9. #149
    Student Goldwaters's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Liberal Northern California
    Last Seen
    03-08-10 @ 04:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    266

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Shouldn't the bolded be "Democratics"? I mean, members of the Republican party are called Republicans, so shouldn't members of the Democratic party be called Democratics?
    How about Democraticans? But I think the party prefers Democrat-singular, Democrats-plural, and Democratic Party.

    Thats the one thing Republics don't understand. You get to name yourself. Notice how nobody complains about my renaming on the Republic party? they think it's okay.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama wins over notre dame

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So does Catholic dogma. There can be no common ground here.

    The Obama essentially told them that "I know you disagree, but I don't really care."

    Right. The Messiah PRONOUNCED FROM ON HIGH that the great money making machine fed by dead babies will continue to be run unchecked, and the DNC will profit thereby.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •