Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 134

Thread: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    And a devout Catholic should not be outraged by a pro-abortion type like Dear Leader profaning that graduation ceremony with his presence?

    How do you know the Catholics protesting weren't thinking of those students as well?

    Notre Dame Response | Press Releases
    Don't attend then. Let the students have the graduation and protest later.

  2. #82
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    YOu ASSUMED I meant everywhere, you didn't ask. I explained, and said it was for the college. Now I ask what do you have to say to what I clarified.

    Do you think protests still should have happened AT the college on graduation? If you do, then what has changed?
    I'm not the one that has the problem with the protests. You are.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  3. #83
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Don't attend then. Let the students have the graduation and protest later.
    I agree. Dear Leader should stay away from Notre Dame and not stink the place up with his abortionist abominable self.

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I'm not the one that has the problem with the protests. You are.
    So you support protests of soldiers funerals then? I call bull**** there.

    Remember there is a difference in SUPPORTING something and SUPPORTING SOMETHING TO BE LEGAL.

    I support the protests BEING LEGAL, I don't SUPPORT them.

    You can have a problem with something and still want it to be legal.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    I agree. Dear Leader should stay away from Notre Dame and not stink the place up with his abortionist abominable self.
    Oh so you are against the 1st amendment, got it.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you support protests of soldiers funerals then? I call bull**** there.

    Remember there is a difference in SUPPORTING something and SUPPORTING SOMETHING TO BE LEGAL.

    I support the protests BEING LEGAL, I don't SUPPORT them.

    You can have a problem with something and still want it to be legal.
    Called right back. I'll let you search through the threads here where I've said exactly that.

    The First Amendment is SUCH a b*tch.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Oh so you are against the 1st amendment, got it.
    Yeah, good luck making THAT one stick. Let me know how it works out for you.

  8. #88
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you support protests of soldiers funerals then? I call bull**** there.

    Remember there is a difference in SUPPORTING something and SUPPORTING SOMETHING TO BE LEGAL.

    I support the protests BEING LEGAL, I don't SUPPORT them.

    You can have a problem with something and still want it to be legal.
    There were soldier's funerals being conducted at Notre Dame during the graduation???
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Called right back. I'll let you search through the threads here where I've said exactly that.

    The First Amendment is SUCH a b*tch.
    I will concede

    I read it again, and in your own way you said he shouldn't have CHOSE to speak there.

    That's fine.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 05-16-09 at 11:28 PM.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    There were soldier's funerals being conducted at Notre Dame during the graduation???
    No, but there were soldiers funerals that happened. and those people were allowed to protest at them, did you support that? or just supported the right to? There is a difference.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •