Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 134

Thread: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

  1. #51
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You obviously are upset over my 1st amendment rights of saying it is disrespectful.

    Saying someone SHOULDN'T protest is not the same as saying the SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to protest.
    So, they're allowed to protest, but you're all in a tizzy because they DID protest. Ooooooookay.

    Honestly, you can say anything you feel compelled to say. Doesn't bother me one bit. I needed the chuckle.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    So, they're allowed to protest, but you're all in a tizzy because they DID protest. Ooooooookay.
    Yes, that is my 1st amendment right to be. Or are you saying I should be FORCED not to have an opinion?

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Honestly, you can say anything you feel compelled to say. Doesn't bother me one bit. I needed the chuckle.
    In other words, you were wrong, got it. You accused me of being against the 1st amendment, I am not.

  3. #53
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Read me last comment above, and in case your drink consumption has been too much I will repeat it.

    Saying they SHOULDN'T protest is not the same as saying they SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED to protest.

    I think they should have CHOSEN not to protest on graduation. That isn't against any 1st amendment rights.
    It's not your 1st amendment rights we're discussing, unless you happened to be at Notre Dame recently. It's the protester's rights, you know, the ones you'd like to curtail because some kids worked hard?

    If the best way you have to argue your point is to accuse me of being drunk, then you've already lost. You just don't know it yet.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #54
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, that is my 1st amendment right to be. Or are you saying I should be FORCED not to have an opinion?



    In other words, you were wrong, got it. You accused me of being against the 1st amendment, I am not.
    I wasn't wrong in the least. You can have all the opinions you like. It's quite amusing to see you flail about.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I wasn't wrong in the least. You can have all the opinions you like. It's quite amusing to see you flail about.
    You claimed I was against the 1st amendment rights, I wasn't, therefore you are wrong.

    Nowhere did I say they shouldn't be allowed to protest.

  6. #56
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You claimed I was against the 1st amendment rights, I wasn't, therefore you are wrong.

    Nowhere did I say they shouldn't be allowed to protest.
    Whatever. You tried to play the old shaming them into silence game by claiming they have a right to protest, but they should have done it some other time/place/way/blah blah blah. Pathetic.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Whatever. You tried to play the old shaming them into silence game by claiming they have a right to protest, but they should have done it some other time/place/way/blah blah blah. Pathetic.
    Again I exercised my 1st amendment right in saying it was shameful. You didn't like it, boo hoo. Cry me a river.

    You still were wrong in claiming I was against the 1st amendment. Way to man up and admit you were wrong, not.

  8. #58
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again I exercised my 1st amendment right in saying it was shameful. You didn't like it, boo hoo. Cry me a river.

    You still were wrong in claiming I was against the 1st amendment. Way to man up and admit you were wrong, not.
    Well, that would be because I wasn't wrong. Like I've said a couple times already, feel free to say whatever you want. It's great entertainment!
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    Well, that would be because I wasn't wrong. Like I've said a couple times already, feel free to say whatever you want. It's great entertainment!
    You said I was against the 1st amendment, you are wrong. NOWHERE did I say they don't have the RIGHT to protest.

    Again you were wrong.

  10. #60
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You said I was against the 1st amendment, you are wrong. NOWHERE did I say they don't have the RIGHT to protest.

    Again you were wrong.
    Sorry, but no. You didn't want them to protest, and used the graduation as a flimsy excuse why. For someone who claims to be such an ardent supporter of the 1st amendment, you sure seem willing to put some odd limitations in its application.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •