Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 134

Thread: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You're the one trying to stop people from protesting, not me. So yes, you are trying to shame them into silence.
    Do you understand the difference between the right to do something and supporting something? I think not.

    Just because I don't believe someone SHOULD protest doesn't mean I think they don't have the right to.

    Those supportive of the protests when it is about the STUDENTS and not them are SELFISH.

    You can call that shaming into silence if you want, I call it for what it is, the protestors being selfish because that is the truth.

    They can protest BEFORE, they can protest AFTER all they want and not be disrespectful. However, they CHOOSE to be selfish and do it on the graduation for OTHERS.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I understand the words perfectly well, I just don't like it that someone who disagrees with the protesters finds a paper thin reason why the protesters SHOULDN'T protest. The 1st amendment still applies, even when you don't like what's being said. Or when.
    It's a GRADUATION, it is not a paper think excuse, it is about a day to celebrate the GRADUATES.

    Again, you claim I don't think they have the right to protest and that is a DAMN LIE.

    I NEVER said they don't have the RIGHT to protest so stop lying.

    It seems YOU are the one that hates the 1st amendment for my RIGHT to say it is disrespectful.

  3. #43
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Do you understand the difference between the right to do something and supporting something? I think not.

    Just because I don't believe someone SHOULD protest doesn't mean I think they don't have the right to.

    Those supportive of the protests when it is about the STUDENTS and not them are SELFISH.

    You can call that shaming into silence if you want, I call it for what it is, the protestors being selfish because that is the truth.

    They can protest BEFORE, they can protest AFTER all they want and not be disrespectful. However, they CHOOSE to be selfish and do it on the graduation for OTHERS.
    They can protest when they like. You don't get to decide.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #44
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's a GRADUATION, it is not a paper think excuse, it is about a day to celebrate the GRADUATES.

    Again, you claim I don't think they have the right to protest and that is a DAMN LIE.

    I NEVER said they don't have the RIGHT to protest so stop lying.

    It seems YOU are the one that hates the 1st amendment for my RIGHT to say it is disrespectful.
    Apparently you're the one that is having difficulty understanding words. You don't want them to protest when they want, and use the graduation as an excuse to try to curtail their freedom to protest. I'm SURE it's not because you disagree with the protesters.

    And you're being ridiculous. Since I'm not the government, there are no 1st amendment rights at play in this discussion. You should read more.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    They can protest when they like. You don't get to decide.
    I never said I did. I said (due to my 1st amendment rights you hate so much) that I think it is disrespectful.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You don't want them to protest when they want, and use the graduation as an excuse to try to curtail their freedom to protest. I'm SURE it's not because you disagree with the protesters.
    Yes, I don't WANT them to protest at a graduation, however, they have the RIGHT TO DO SO. I'm not FORCING them not to protest am I?

    It is my 1st amendment right to say that I don't think they should.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    And you're being ridiculous. Since I'm not the government, there are no 1st amendment rights at play in this discussion. You should read more.
    And yet I am not government either so why did you play the 1st amendment card to me?

    You need to stop drinking before posting, you are embarrassing yourself seriously.

  7. #47
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I never said I did. I said (due to my 1st amendment rights you hate so much) that I think it is disrespectful.
    I hate the 1st amendment??

    I don't recall reading any of my posts where I said the protesters shouldn't protest. Now who was that...?
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    I hate the 1st amendment??

    I don't recall reading any of my posts where I said the protesters shouldn't protest. Now who was that...?
    You obviously are upset over my 1st amendment rights of saying it is disrespectful.

    Saying someone SHOULDN'T protest is not the same as saying the SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED to protest.

  9. #49
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes, I don't WANT them to protest at a graduation, however, they have the RIGHT TO DO SO. I'm not FORCING them not to protest am I?

    It is my 1st amendment right to say that I don't think they should.



    And yet I am not government either so why did you play the 1st amendment card to me?

    You need to stop drinking before posting, you are embarrassing yourself seriously.
    LMAO! You can't make any headway with your foolish comments, so therefore I must be drunk.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: President Obama at Notre Dame protest

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    LMAO! You can't make any headway with your foolish comments, so therefore I must be drunk.
    Read me last comment above, and in case your drink consumption has been too much I will repeat it.

    Saying they SHOULDN'T protest is not the same as saying they SHOULDN'T BE ALLOWED to protest.

    I think they should have CHOSEN not to protest on graduation. That isn't against any 1st amendment rights.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •