Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 93

Thread: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Its already been shown your faiths in Atheism come down to your preferred definition of what a deity is.
    Doesn't make you atheists ..makes you selective agnostics.

    Maybe next time some of you decide to use your preferred faith to bash others whose faith is accepted religion you'll realize how flimsy your own faith is.


    Shrug..I don't believe in you.... and boy did it sting.
    And where is your definition of atheism and agnostic come from? Oh yeah, you. Well YOU MEAN NOTHING when you make up your own definitions.

    We have shown where our definition comes from, you haven't. Go figure.

    you lost.

  2. #82
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Its already been shown your faiths in Atheism come down to your preferred definition of what a deity is.
    That's a ridiculous argument. The fact that somebody else worships a coke can doesn't mean I'm not an atheist just because I believe it exists. Other people's beliefs have nothing to do with my own

    Doesn't make you atheists ..makes you selective agnostics.
    No, I believe in no gods. Nothing selective about that

    Maybe next time some of you decide to use your preferred faith to bash others whose faith is accepted religion you'll realize how flimsy your own faith is.
    Wat? I'm an atheist - I subscribe to no faith.

    Shrug..I don't believe in you.... and boy did it sting.
    Hey - it hurts when you say I don't exist. I swear I exist! Super-swear even!

  3. #83
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    The Sun has been considered a deity.
    Dunno what you guys will do once you realize a Deity is not as simple as the definition your using.
    Well actually I do know..you'll reject it and continue claiming your atheists when your not.

    Anyway Atheists-
    I do not believe you. I do not believe you exist past the use of a word.


    As for my caring about meeting the favorable approval of people who declare themselves what they are not in order to bad mouth in numerous ways people who are religious..
    no thanks..
    I'll leave you guys in the septic tanks of your own self righteousness..in time it will fill and you will either get out like most do or drown in your own makings.
    It's nice to know that you are willing to consider the possibility that my balls could be a deity because you cannot prove it one way or the other. Thank you.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Lost what?

    All you have shown is an utter reliance on the definition of a word(deity) that can be used to define everything from God to Zeus to the Sky.

    Something everyone can get out of this though..The declared atheist here have their own individual scales as to what is or what is not "divine" in their minds. Just because you do not call that a 'name' does not make you atheists.

    I do not believe in atheists and none of you have proven you are an atheist anymore then any of you have proven God does not exist.

  5. #85
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Something everyone can get out of this though..The declared atheist here have their own individual scales as to what is or what is not "divine" in their minds. Just because you do not call that a 'name' does not make you atheists.
    On my scale, I don't believe anything is divine. Therefore, I am an atheist

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    It's nice to know that you are willing to consider the possibility that my balls could be a deity because you cannot prove it one way or the other. Thank you.
    I could play the role of self declared atheist and declare they never existed to begin with ..squeaky.

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Kernel Sanders View Post
    On my scale, I don't believe anything is divine. Therefore, I am an atheist

    Barring you I don't think the others read anything and are simply bashing away. Seems to be a routine with many posters on this forum.

    I wasn't trolling (as one of them tried to imply) though. I do not believe in Atheists. IMO they don't even exist past a word.... Said why I don't.

    I don't believe you. I'm 100% confident that you just like every other human on earth has a threshold and the existence of that threshold denies you being an atheist.

    Simply saying that though set them off like I had denied the holocaust over loudspeakers in Jerusalem on remembrance day.

    Oh well.
    Last edited by Triad; 05-16-09 at 11:01 PM.

  8. #88
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    I could play the role of self declared atheist and declare they never existed to begin with ..squeaky.
    - You win. LMAO.

    Actually, I could win this argument, as faith is based on evidence not seen, but I am sure as hell not going to allow you to see my balls in order to provide the evidence of things seen.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-17-09 at 12:09 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Scientists May Have Found How Life Began - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

    While this may be controversial among a number of people, it's still very interesting regardless. The publication can be read in the latest issue of Nature or online here: Access : Synthesis of activated pyrimidine ribonucleotides in prebiotically plausible conditions : Nature

    I personally believe that faith is different from science, and those who believe can certainly point to their Creator as the ultimate cause for all this. This is certainly no 'smoking gun' against any religious belief, and hopefully will not be taken as an attack against those who are devout.
    New information will generaly be taken as a personal attack by any insecure person or group, especialy if that new information threatens an existing political power scheme.

    This is facinating reserch, I hope you will keep us updated when the work is reproduced?

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Scientists May Have Found How Life Began

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Barring you I don't think the others read anything and are simply bashing aw
    I gave you a definition of theist and agnostic.

    Beliefe in the divine is a requirement to be a theist. If you are not sure of a divine or deity then you are agnostic.

    However, if you believe that the sun is not devine, the earth is not devine or anything is not devine you are an atheist.

    Atheists do exist.

    Just because someone believed the sun to be a deity does not mean you do. If you believe nothing is divine or there is no deity that you believe in then by definition you are an atheist.

    Someone who believes god or gods does not exist is an atheist. There is no getting around the truth.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •