Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 102

Thread: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

  1. #11
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Talk about cluelessness. If Dear Leader weren't spending so damn much, he wouldn't have to borrow so damn much.
    Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the economy will contract at -6.5% every quarter for the next several decades? If not, then your argument makes no sense. It's like bitching about the amount of water your town is wasting, because the fire department had to respond to a major fire today.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 05-14-09 at 07:37 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  2. #12
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,450

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    Yeah. Doesn't matter that the Obama deficit for '09 by itself is as big or bigger than ALL THE BUSH DEFICITS COMBINED. You still can't criticize Obama for it. It's still all the Republicans' fault.

    Such is the "reality" suggested by everyone's favorite centrist.
    I cannot agree with Bushs spending in many cases but Obama spending is off the left wing and in freefall.
    Thank you

  3. #13
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,450

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the economy will contract at -6.5% every quarter for the next several decades? If not, then your argument makes no sense. It's like bitching about the amount of water your town is wasting, because the fire department had to respond to a major fire today.
    Paying the banks to expand is not the answer. paying the people to spend is.
    Thank you

  4. #14
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Paying the banks to expand is not the answer.
    Actually we are paying the banks to not collapse, default on their loans, and take other banks down with them. "Expanding" is the last thing on almost any bank's mind right now.

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron
    paying the people to spend is.
    How so? I'm not opposed to a temporary sales tax holiday, if that's what you mean.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 05-14-09 at 07:46 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

  5. #15
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the economy will contract at -6.5% every quarter for the next several decades? If not, then your argument makes no sense. It's like bitching about the amount of water your town is wasting, because the fire department had to respond to a major fire today.
    Your analogy is flawed.

    I'm bitching about the Anti-Republicans watering their garden while the fire department is responding to said major fire.

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Slow down Nelly. I am not defending them. The potential danger between a criminal with a pistol cannot be placed on the same level with a psycho that owns a working nuclear weapon. The spending gun was fired and it was wrong. The nuclear stimulus bill was fired and is being fired again and again. Whats worse really doesnt matter if we are all screwed. But we are all screwed much faster.

    Obama=Bush=Cheney=Gore= Clinton

    All puppets of the Federal Reserve owners.
    It's all about opening doors though. If Bush opened the door further, than Obama is going to open it further, etc.

    It's a trend that should not have been started and Bush bailing out started a lot of the ****.

    That doesn't excuse Obama, but again a door opened means a door can be opened further.

    I don't care who started it, I care who will do the right thing and close the door. Just because Bush spent less doesn't make his failure better because Obama spent more and it doesn't make the failure of the presidents before them that did the same thing any better.

    It doesn't matter who started it, only matters who will end such idiotic spending. So far Democrats have proven themselves inadequate, and Republicans have proven themselves to be inadequate.

    So what now? Elect a Republican again who will be just as irresponsible as the last? Or a Dem the same?

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Do you think it's reasonable to assume that the economy will contract at -6.5% every quarter for the next several decades? If not, then your argument makes no sense. It's like bitching about the amount of water your town is wasting, because the fire department had to respond to a major fire today.
    More like bitching that the reservoir bottom is visible, and what the hell are those jokers doing pulling out the drain plug because they claim they need the water to fund socialized medicine.

  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's all about opening doors though. If Bush opened the door further, than Obama is going to open it further, etc.
    Uh-uh.

    If Bush opened the door, Obama is ripping the wall out to put in a roll-up door for the trucks.

  9. #19
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:37 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,290
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    I am puzzled about all this. President Obama says something the right disagrees with, and he is attacked for it. President Obama says something the right agree with, and he is attacked for it. Why would we even bother listening to those on the right these days? Get back to us when you have something constructive to say.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama Says U.S. Long-Term Debt Load ‘Unsustainable’

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Uh-uh.

    If Bush opened the door, Obama is ripping the wall out to put in a roll-up door for the trucks.
    You can make all the comments you like, but you excusing Bush is excusing Obama for the same thing.

    Either it is irrespnsible or it isn't.

    I've admitted Obama being irresponsible, you are excusing Bush.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •