Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 103

Thread: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

  1. #71
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Yeahhhhh.... that's justification for illegal torture there.....
    Its amusing what you people consider to be torture. I bet you thought being forced to eat brussels sprouts or your parents forcing you to do chores must have been torture.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  2. #72
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Its amusing what you people consider to be torture. I bet you thought being forced to eat brussels sprouts or your parents forcing you to do chores must have been torture.
    Chores, no. Brussels sprouts, yes.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    POLITICO 44: Whiteboard Archives


    This may be one in a million post but when the dip pulls his head out of his ass...even if for only a brief spate of fresh air . I can agree with him.


    Other then serving as the Far Lefts porn the release of such things while at war only aids the enemy.
    I agree with the President on this.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    So the U.S. government acknowledges there are pictures so terrible, that they cannot be released because they would put troops in danger.

    Doesn't the fact that there are ADMITTED pictures so terrible they cannot be released ALREADY put our troops in danger. So at this juncture, what's the point whether they are released or not?

    The damage is done and now the U.S. looks like it is hiding something from the world that the U.S. acknowledges is very very bad and the troops will be in danger from this already.

    In fact because the human mind can imagine things more horrible than what is on pictures the worse will be assumed and our troops will already be put in more danger because of the photos not being released.

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Nope.
    They admitted the pictures (which afaik are just more from the files of those idiots in that one unit in Abu Ghaib) being released would cause harm to the war effort.
    IMO this more they will cause harm to Obama and friends.

    Regardless 'horrible' is your line..or someone elses..al jazeera's maybe?

  6. #76
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    Nope.
    They admitted the pictures (which afaik are just more from the files of those idiots in that one unit in Abu Ghaib) being released would cause harm to the war effort.
    IMO this more they will cause harm to Obama and friends.

    Regardless 'horrible' is your line..or someone elses..al jazeera's maybe?
    You fail to recognize the fact that these photos are so horrible they can't be released, so don't you think in the enemies minds and others (you know the ones that could harm the troops) they won't be thinking the worst?

    So tell me how can releasing them be more harmful than the wondering minds of the enemy anyway?

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    I fail to recognize your use of "explosive" wordage as being applicable,.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    I fail to recognize your use of "explosive" wordage as being applicable,.
    Again, you claim that the photos themselves are going to put troops in danger. Sorry but the fact that our government won't release them puts pictures in the minds of our enemies that could put our troops in more harm greater than anything we can provide.

    It doesn't even take a freshman of psychology to see this which is who told me this.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    It doesn't take a kindergartner to realize you don't hand out any form of damaging propganda to your enemis in a time of war whether that enemy be the actual one overseas or their enablers inside your own nation.

    What harm?....

    All anyone has to do is go back a few years to when those guards actions and photos where released.

    Hell you guys on the left compared it to a NAZI DEATH CAMP.
    Who the **** did that help?..al Qaeda.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama to block detainee abuse photos

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    It doesn't take a kindergartner to realize you don't hand out any form of damaging propganda to your enemis in a time of war whether that enemy be the actual one overseas or their enablers inside your own nation.

    What harm?....

    All anyone has to do is go back a few years to when those guards actions and photos where released.

    Hell you guys on the left compared it to a NAZI DEATH CAMP.
    Who the **** did that help?..al Qaeda.
    the damaging propaganda has ALREADY been handed out in the form that the U.S. government says these photos are too bad to let out.

    It is best to just show these pictures because the human imagination across the world is going to be much much worse.

    It unleashes the human imagination of what is bad and what is worse and what is damning.

    The damage has already been done by saying these photos exist. The worst is being done RIGHT NOW in imagining what is so bad the U.S. cannot let out.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •