Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

  1. #11
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Your being Gay or straight is your situation to deal with. Trying to make mainstream and okay in the miltary is wrong and your liberal drivel will never make it right.
    Trying to make gays conform to the bigotry of the military is wrong. It's time for the military to shed its homophobic attitudes and join the 21st century.

  2. #12
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Now don't forget to use the empty headed Jenine Garofolo argument that all the opposition to Obama is race based. Which is another obfuscation and used by the true racists to cast aspersions when the facts fly in their face. Your being Gay or straight is your situation to deal with. Trying to make mainstream and okay in the miltary is wrong and your liberal drivel will never make it right.
    So you think that homosexuality will become part of the mainstream if Obama let gays into the army?

    I think you've missed the bus...Homosexuality can't get anymore mainstream than it is already. Whatever the army decides to do, be it accepting gays into the army or not, will not stop homosexuality from being part of the mainstream.

    Much like how Truman couldn't stop minorities from becoming part of the mainstream, whether or not he would integrate the army. The movement had already begun, regardless of the actions of the President.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

  3. #13
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Last Seen
    09-10-09 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    166

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Call it what you like. It changes nothing about facts and claiming they're not also changes nothing. I have a gay Brother dying of AIDS and that too changes nothing.
    What does that have to do with DADT policies?

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Obama has made his support of late term abortion clear and no amount of trying to deny it will work.
    I suppose you wouldnt have proof of this would you? I just posted information that contradicts and debunks what you said and yet you repeat it again. LMFAO

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    He is a proven adulterer and claims to be a former coke user. To paraphrase what Ross Perot once said. If his own wife can't trust him why should we?
    Again no proof, just more smears. As i recall the Republican contender for POTUS was a blatant whoremonger and adulterer might I add. And that is a fact

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    I would put nothing past this person who is not worthy of either respect or trust at any level and once he's done all he can to destroy this country maybe then the followers of this person will realize they have been
    flimflammed from the get go.
    Do you incoherently babble quite frequently? If so you may want to seek help. All of this pretending has got to be horrible for an adult.

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Now don't forget to use the empty headed Jenine Garofolo argument that all the opposition to Obama is race based. Which is another obfuscation and used by the true racists to cast aspersions when the facts fly in their face.
    You havent flown one "fact" in this entire thread. LOL by all means oppose his policies, oppose his style of governance but dont just make things up because it made you feel better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Your being Gay or straight is your situation to deal with. Trying to make mainstream and okay in the miltary is wrong and your liberal drivel will never make it right.
    Your so hilarious, cant debate the issue so you just blather anything that made sense in your head right?

  4. #14
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Your inability to debate is obvious and clearly claiming the opposition to be what you yourself clearly are is a tactic well tried by the liberals. I have never said I hate anyone ever that I recall. Remember those of us with an upbringing and faith learned early to hate the sin not the sinner. The hate that is brought forth in this nation comes not from conservatives but their opposition who constantly yell tolerance and believe in it only as long as everyone is in agreement with their narrow minded ideas of right and wrong. They claim to being open to new ideas and thoughts but in truth wish to make everyone a drone or clone. I would never try to tell a liberal how to think because that mean I am assuming they know how to. When it was proven in the last election that thinking for yourself is a foreign knowing what is right from leftist.

  5. #15
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Your inability to debate is obvious and clearly claiming the opposition to be what you yourself clearly are is a tactic well tried by the liberals. I have never said I hate anyone ever that I recall. Remember those of us with an upbringing and faith learned early to hate the sin not the sinner. The hate that is brought forth in this nation comes not from conservatives but their opposition who constantly yell tolerance and believe in it only as long as everyone is in agreement with their narrow minded ideas of right and wrong. They claim to being open to new ideas and thoughts but in truth wish to make everyone a drone or clone. I would never try to tell a liberal how to think because that mean I am assuming they know how to. When it was proven in the last election that thinking for yourself is a foreign knowing what is right from leftist.
    I nominate this as the most hypocritical post in the history of DP. You say you do not hate, but you present hate. You claim to be open to ideas as a conservative, but as a conservative you present yourself as completely narrow-minded. You add insults towards liberals, showing your partisan hackery, and all you do is present foolish talking points. Finally, you claim others cannot debate, and then you proceed to present a post, completely void of debate.

    Hypocritical. I think that sums it up.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  6. #16
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Thank you. You have proven my points exactly with your lack of understanding of facts and name calling.

  7. #17
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Thank you. You have proven my points exactly with your lack of understanding of facts and name calling.
    And you have proven mine, perfectly, as I said, with your lack of ability to debate, narrow-minded posting, partisan hack comments, and name calling.

    Now, is there anything you actually want to debate? Or do you want to continue to irrelevantly insult liberals some more?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #18
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by Benzin388 View Post
    I think its fine if gay people want to live they way they do. I for one don't agree with it but as long as they don't feel the need to be flamboyant to me about it they should go about their buisness, im ok, their ok, everyone's happy. But openly serving as a homosexual in the military, thats just asking for trouble. Not only will the government have to re-vamp the entire BMT program to accomodate those who want to serve openly (seperate shower facilities, dorms, etc...; which would cost literally millions $$. You will also have to deal with those who won't be so quick to turn a blind eye and may resort to possibly how they've been brought up which can get out of control quite quickly. I am currently serving in the United States Air Force and can say that I have come across quite a few individuals who's sexual preferences may truely come into question, but if they were indeed non-open homosexuals they were doing just fine serving as such. We as a military have been doing so well with the DADT policy, why in the hell change it now?
    So if they keep their gay status quiet, it's okay for them to shower in facilities with members of the same sex? It's only because they openly admit that they are gay that separate showers should be required? Am I missing something?

    What I find so strange, and maybe one of our gay members can clarify this for me, is that people assume that because someone is gay, they will be attracted to EVERY same sex service person they come into contact with. I'm a woman, and I am certainly NOT attracted to every male I meet. Why do people assume that because someone is gay, their sexual desires are any different than our own.

  9. #19
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderRabbit08 View Post
    That's because the military is full of bigots. The military is the problem, not the gays wishing to serve openly.

    The only way things will change is to force it on them; and the sooner the better.
    Clueless, the military is about the only thing that's right in the government.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #20
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: White House: Law only answer for gays in military

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    So if they keep their gay status quiet, it's okay for them to shower in facilities with members of the same sex? It's only because they openly admit that they are gay that separate showers should be required? Am I missing something?

    What I find so strange, and maybe one of our gay members can clarify this for me, is that people assume that because someone is gay, they will be attracted to EVERY same sex service person they come into contact with. I'm a woman, and I am certainly NOT attracted to every male I meet. Why do people assume that because someone is gay, their sexual desires are any different than our own.
    You have nothing useful to say here, women have separate shower facilites during their entire lives, while men do not. You don't understand this at all.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •