1) We can't afford to help our own people in this country?
2) We're not constitutionally allowed to help our own citizens like that?
3) Those people in Pakland hate us.
4) What the hell is wrong with the rest of the world, how about them chipping in as much as we're usually required to, for a change?
5) Charity is a voluntary process, governments funded by confiscatory taxes cannot by definition be engaged in charitable acts.
6) We're not supposed to be the world's cop. Nor are we the world's paramedic.