Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 68

Thread: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

  1. #1
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,746

    Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    I think Jesse Ventura has a very valid point here.

    Article is here.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #2
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Best visual ever:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Ventura
    It's drowning," Ventura responded. "It gives you the complete sensation that you are drowning. It is no good, because you -- I'll put it to you this way, you give me a water board, Dick Cheney and one hour, and I'll have him confess to the Sharon Tate murders."

  3. #3
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Cheney is a punk. I'd have to go with Ventura here, and I agree with his waterboarding of Cheney. If it's not torture, then lets have the proponents subject themselves to it, let's see what it is. People were passing around the report of that one dude (I forget who) talking about his SERE training and the waterboarding which went on there. That convinced me that waterboarding is torture, 100%. It's a little odd saying that Jesse Ventura is right, but on this case he is.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    I think Jesse Ventura has a very valid point here.

    Article is here.
    I don't see much difference btwn Ventura and Cheney. After all Ventura is a fake wrestler and Cheney is a fake as well.

  5. #5
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Valid but irrelevant to the subject matter. Ventura is a blowhard jarhead throwing out a strawman. Cheney is valid in saying that Powell has left the Republican Party. This subject has nothing to do with military service; and Cheney never said anything about Powell's military service.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Valid but irrelevant to the subject matter. Ventura is a blowhard jarhead throwing out a strawman. Cheney is valid in saying that Powell has left the Republican Party. This subject has nothing to do with military service; and Cheney never said anything about Powell's military service.
    Many people didn't leave the Republican party, the Republican party left us. Powell included. It's all smoke and mirrors, if you're going to endorse Limbaugh over Powell, you're just being a partisan retard. Limbaugh is great political propaganda, but that's it. He has no real experience at politics, nor does he want to have (and wisely so) anything to do with it. He's a political commentator and nothing more, he happened to turn into a shill for the Republican party; but that's it. Just because he'll lambaste one side and not the other doesn't make him better qualified of "more Republican". What the Republican party once stood for, it no longer does. I think Powell is very much in the constrain government mindset. And measured reality shows us, that's not were Cheney comes from. Cheney is a big government Statist, those guys run on very fascist notions of State (federal government in this case) superiority and everything being defined through the health of the State.

    The Republican party needs to die, we need a small government party to balance out the big government folk like the fascists and the socialists. Cheney is a horrible, treasonous, old fool and it would behoove us all to not listen to his huge government ideals.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Many people didn't leave the Republican party, the Republican party left us. Powell included. It's all smoke and mirrors, if you're going to endorse Limbaugh over Powell, you're just being a partisan retard. Limbaugh is great political propaganda, but that's it. He has no real experience at politics, nor does he want to have (and wisely so) anything to do with it. He's a political commentator and nothing more, he happened to turn into a shill for the Republican party; but that's it. Just because he'll lambaste one side and not the other doesn't make him better qualified of "more Republican". What the Republican party once stood for, it no longer does. I think Powell is very much in the constrain government mindset. And measured reality shows us, that's not were Cheney comes from. Cheney is a big government Statist, those guys run on very fascist notions of State (federal government in this case) superiority and everything being defined through the health of the State.

    The Republican party needs to die, we need a small government party to balance out the big government folk like the fascists and the socialists. Cheney is a horrible, treasonous, old fool and it would behoove us all to not listen to his huge government ideals.
    Firstly with that statement you have zero credibility, because it's totally wrong.

    Secondly, you think the Democratic Party is a small government party? And if they were, they don't need to die, right? Figures.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Cheney is valid in saying that Powell has left the Republican Party.
    You should go update wikipedia, they still list Powell as a republican.

    Edited to add: does anyone else find it odd how the republicans are trying to say that a real American hero like Powell is not one of them?

  9. #9
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    You should go update wikipedia, they still list Powell as a republican.
    So what? I don't care.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #10
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Ventura: Powell's a 'war hero,' while Cheney 'ran and hid'

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Firstly with that statement you have zero credibility, because it's totally wrong.
    Opinion backed up by nothing. Meaningless tripe in which you couldn't even out a little reasonable argument behind. "Because I said so" doesn't make good argument. Try again.

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Secondly, you think the Democratic Party is a small government party? And if they were, they don't need to die, right? Figures.
    Nice hyperbole and distortion. Figures.

    Did I hurt your feelings by speaking the truth about the Republican party? It's big government, measured fact. We already had a big government party, we didn't need another one. I never said anything about the Democrats being better or not needing to go away, that is distortion and lie because it seems to me that method is employed when someone can't rationally argue back and are running purely on emotion and zero logic. But as it relates to the Republicans, because that was the subject of this thread, they have abandoned their honor and resolve and in doing so have become useless. Two big government parties is not good, we have to have at least one small government party. I thought someone as a self-confessed "conservative" would know that. I find it funny that many which are "conservative" on this place aren't so much conservative as the are partisan. They attached to a party and will endorse that party even if the actions of that party are counter to their supposed political philosophy. Hacks and nothing more. There's nothing small government about the Republican party, so it can go and die. We need at least one strong small government party, the Republicans abandoned that, so they get replaced with someone with the balls, the spine, and the resolve to get the job done.

    The GOP is a pathetic shell of its former self, scrape it at start anew.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •