Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 100

Thread: Soda Tax

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And yet the so called conservative savior REGAN did not agree with your cause however, conservatives love to spout off about regan and free ideals.
    Are all these non sequiturs your definition of your position?

    Can you make the effort to state your position without them, so others might figure out what it is?

  2. #82
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Are all these non sequiturs your definition of your position?

    Can you make the effort to state your position without them, so others might figure out what it is?
    The fact that you guys spout of Regan as your savior is Factual. He was a leading person on the war on drugs. Yet when push comes to shove you guys love to spout off how great regan was.

    Sorry guy it's fact. Or are you going to go on record as Regan being a bad president?

  3. #83
    Just Crazy Enough to Work
    Edify_Always_In_All_Ways's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Wilmington, DE
    Last Seen
    01-31-14 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,299

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The fact that you guys spout of Regan as your savior is Factual. He was a leading person on the war on drugs. Yet when push comes to shove you guys love to spout off how great regan was.

    Sorry guy it's fact. Or are you going to go on record as Regan being a bad president?
    1) Spell his name right if you're going to spout off about him.
    2) He has nothing to do with this thread.
    3) Find something better to do if you have nothing to contribute but strawmen.

    Anyway, as a dedicated Diet Coke drinker, I can see worse things to tax. Sugared soda is one of the deepest nutritional black holes out there and it contributes a lot of the extra pounds my peers have been putting on these last few decades (well, their age group, not any particular bunch of people). If we are going to have a national system (which I support only for children) we'll need to fund it somehow, and even if SCHIP was just being totally nationalized, I'd be happy with a soda tax. This every-person-in-the-country thing doesn't really turn me on, but I doubt Obama can make it work for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat
    Heh. Do you realize how many children I'd murder to be immortal and have an army of willing slaves?

  4. #84
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    1) Spell his name right if you're going to spout off about him.
    Or what, you are going to come after me? LOL deal with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    2) He has nothing to do with this thread.
    Sure he does, he is the leader in doing what is right for America by supporting the government making something illegal FOR THE GREATER GOOD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edify_Always_In_All_Ways View Post
    3) Find something better to do if you have nothing to contribute but strawmen.
    I suggest you do the same thing if you don't like what I say about the savior of conservatives who supported the right of the government to interfere for the greater good of what HE believed.

  5. #85
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And yet the so called conservative savior REGAN did not agree with your cause however, conservatives love to spout off about regan and free ideals.
    Reagan was against drugs, that was probably more about political pressures of those days, it is something I disagree with, but overall Reagan was a strong leader and did a great job. We all make mistakes, as he and other presidents did, and I never agree 100% with anyone, so it really is a non-issue.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Reagan was against drugs, that was probably more about political pressures of those days, it is something I disagree with, but overall Reagan was a strong leader and did a great job. We all make mistakes, as he and other presidents did, and I never agree 100% with anyone, so it really is a non-issue.
    Hey keep making excuses for your interferer all you want, I don't care. I recognize him for what he is. Someone who was recognized as a savior for conservatives and he interfered in what conservatives wanted him to.

    Conservatives love saying the government shouldn't interfere unless it is with a subject THEY AGREE WITH, then they support it.

  7. #87
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    About time? You are about 3 decades short there.
    Less than that, but the party ideals admittedly seem to have died with Goldwater and Reagan.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  8. #88
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    And yet the so called conservative savior REGAN did not agree with your cause however, conservatives love to spout off about regan and free ideals.
    Reagan started the process of deflating government, too bad he had an opposing house in those days, he could have done more.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Reagan started the process of deflating government, too bad he had an opposing house in those days, he could have done more.

    He did not start the process of deflating government he inflated it. It just was inflated with what he wanted.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Soda Tax

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    Less than that, but the party ideals admittedly seem to have died with Goldwater and Reagan.
    Oh please they were inflated with what conservatives wanted to interfere with.

    Conservatives now are just as bad as liberals now, they want to interfere with what they want to interfere with. No side is clean.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 05-14-09 at 09:39 PM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •