Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 127

Thread: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Forget fuzzy math, what about your fuzzy logic? What fuzzy logic does it take to suggest that Obama had NOTHING to do with the monstrous deficits now? Last time I looked the Democrats were in control of the purse strings since 2006 and Obama himself was in FULL support mode of EVERY spending bill that got us where we are today.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Apparently 2001-2005 doesn't matter to you.

    Federal Deficit

    Which shows that during the 2001-2005 period, the majority of the deficits were inflicted. While the Democrats of course continued the trend, your argument that they are solely to blame is absolute crap.
    WTF does the budget deficit from 2001 to 2005 have to do with ANYTHING being stated here? ZERO Nada.

    FACT: The Federal deficit in 2006 was in decline and at $162 billion.
    Congressional Budget Office - Historical Budget Data
    FACT: The Federal deficit since Democrats took over is estimated at $1.7 trillion plus.

    I don't need to make this stuff up, READ it for yourself.

    FACT: From 1970 until the Republicans took over the Congress in 1992, the Democrats ran up deficits; the Republicans controlled Congress in 1995 balanced the Budget after almost FOUR decades.
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget...6/pdf/hist.pdf

    FACT: during Republican control of Congress the National Debt increased by 2.9% as a percentage of GDP. Before that, in the four decades the Democrats controlled Congress, it increased by 51.2% as a percentage of GDP and since Democrats took over in 2006 it has increased by 2.9% as a percentage of GDP.

    Go look at the FACTUAL data; this is hardly a Republican idea, yet you want to make it one when of the last six decades, Republicans have only had control congress for 12 short years and part of those years saw Democrats still in control of the Senate. What level of willful denial does it take to suggest that Republicans are being fiscally irresponsible in the face of what Democrats have already done since 2006?

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/budget...s/hist07z1.xls

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Whatever happened to pay as you go and fiscal responsibility?

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    That would be the Clinton era. Which is long gone.
    What blatant denial do you wallow in? Pelosi and the current Democrat leadership railed about this during the 2004, 2006 and 2008 campaigns; were you asleep during that time…again?

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    This "fuzzy" logic about inheriting the deficit ONLY works if the President had been OUTSIDE Washington and had NOTHING to do with voting and arguing FOR the spending bills.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    I like how you argue that one person is responsible for this mess rather than actually looking how Congress enacts bills. Typical.
    What an ironic statement coming from someone who fabricates his own version of others arguments in a desperate effort to defend the indefensible.

    But alas, this rant comes from someone who interjects himself into debates with little comprehension of what is stated, selectively argues in an incoherent fashion purely for the sake of arguing and rails about the fiscal irresponsibility of Republicans and Bush but is completely silent on the even greater irresponsibility of Democrats; but the greatest irony of all is the notion you are not just another uninformed Liberal who fabricates your own version of reality.

    Yes, the irony of your statements are not lost on me as I watch you desperately assailing Republicans “perceived” fiscal mismanagement, yet willfully ignoring or desperately defending the gross and almost criminally negligent fiscal mismanagement of Democrats.

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Obama OWNS this deficit more so than Bush ever could and attempting to suggest that this is Bush, well, that would require a significant quantity of kool-aid in my opinion.


    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Did Obama enact TARP? Did he come up with it? How about many of the other spending bills specifically designed to help out the financial sector? How about the trillions in bank loans?
    Obama argued FOR Tarp and VOTED FOR Tarp; Obama voted FOR all the other idiotic financial bailouts we have seen passed. Your desperate and illogical assertions aside, what part of VOTING and debating FOR a bill do you NOT get?

    Your desperate desire to suggest that Obama had NOTHING to do with the current deficit mess is about as inane as many of your other typical uniformed whiney rants that you tend to interject yourself into and then when you get bitch slapped, run to the basement to complain.

    You live in a parallel universe that is more for Liberal talking points than reasoned factual and coherent arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    More insults from TD. Nothing new.
    Ah yes, once more the selective outrage and ignoring when others are condescending? But then, this is hardly new coming from you and your typical whiney rants and dramatic proclamations about hyper partisanship and insults.

    Give us all a break and get a new hobby; your spiel is tiresome.

  2. #72
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    That's funny, I could have sworn my comments were directed to Redress; are you his mommy?
    I wasn't aware there was a rule on pointing out sheer idiocy. Could you direct me to it?

    But then, Redress and I were talking about Michigan's economy whose meltdown started LONG before the National one.
    Except you were discussing the auto industry and blaming the Democrats for the problems rather than, oh, you know, the business decisions.

    I really don't want you as a consultant. Someone who cannot even understand that there are success and risk factors is not a someone that should be spoken to in the context of a business.

    Apparently the ONLY time you care is when it is Republicans.
    If that lie makes it easier for you to sleep at night, sure, believe it.

    How much do you think the National Debt will increase since the Democrats took over? Oh that's right; you only have issues with Republicans.....carry on.
    Plenty. If you bothered to read my other post which predates your response, you'd know that. But you'd rather just lie about what I actually believe then deal with what I wrote.

    $500 billion blocks every year? Fabricating facts to support your delusions about Republicans again?
    Federal Deficit

    Huh. Looks like $500 billion per year averaged. Facts. The antidote to TD.

    The notion that interest rates do NOT affect Residential Property prices requires some willful denial or an incredible lack of facts. Why don't you ask an expert if you don't believe me?
    Residential property is far more affected by supply and demand. While interest rates do factor in to loans to purchase them, there isn't clear data like there is for commercial property. Commercial, as I suspect you know, is based on valuations off of NOI. That does not exist for residential.

    I tend to make it a point to avoid your whiney immature rants as often as I can, why can't you do me the same courtesy?

    Aww, you admitted your comments are "your whiney immature rants."

    Thanks. LOL.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #73
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Forget fuzzy math, what about your fuzzy logic? What fuzzy logic does it take to suggest that Obama had NOTHING to do with the monstrous deficits now?
    Where did I say nothing? Or are you again lying? I can see why few respond to you. Most can't stomach your factory of endless lies.

    Last time I looked the Democrats were in control of the purse strings since 2006 and Obama himself was in FULL support mode of EVERY spending bill that got us where we are today.
    And yet who's program was it? Not to mention that Democrat control of Congress was relatively weak at best in 2006, unlike now. Trying to blame the Democrats for this entirely is ludicrous.

    WTF does the budget deficit from 2001 to 2005 have to do with ANYTHING being stated here? ZERO Nada.
    Spoken like a true partisan. Never mind the use of it to show just how partisan you are.

    I don't need to make this stuff up, READ it for yourself.
    But you did call the CBO worthless and that it cannot analyze or predict anything well.

    Interestingly, in 2007, when the Democrats took over, the budget deficit slimmed down even more.

    the Republicans controlled Congress in 1995 balanced the Budget after almost FOUR decades.
    LOL. This is how I know you don't have a finance or accounting degree. The federal budget has never, ever, ever come close to ever being balanced for one simple reason: off balance sheet financing. Clinton's alleged surplus was fake because it did not take into account spending on things like the Postal service. Someone who understood financing and accounting would know this. Hence, you're a liar.

    FACT: during Republican control of Congress the National Debt increased by 2.9% as a percentage of GDP. Before that, in the four decades the Democrats controlled Congress, it increased by 51.2% as a percentage of GDP and since Democrats took over in 2006 it has increased by 2.9% as a percentage of GDP.

    Hey, TD, what is 51.2/40 years?


    Is that more or less than 2.9%? I realize you think .003% is a majority, but humor me.

    What level of willful denial does it take to suggest that Republicans are being fiscally irresponsible in the face of what Democrats have already done since 2006?
    in the face of? I never said that either party was respectable in financing. In fact I have several threads and many posts calling both parties horrible. Again it's easier for you to lie than to deal with the facts. Both parties are fiscally irresponsible. Again, you'll pretend I never said that because lying is easier for you.

    What blatant denial do you wallow in? Pelosi and the current Democrat leadership railed about this during the 2004, 2006 and 2008 campaigns; were you asleep during that time…again?
    Railed about what? Clinton's fiscal responsibility? What ARE you talking about?
    e.

    Yes, the irony of your statements are not lost on me as I watch you desperately assailing Republicans “perceived” fiscal mismanagement, yet willfully ignoring or desperately defending the gross and almost criminally negligent fiscal mismanagement of Democrats.
    Never mind my posts doing just the opposite. Let's pretend they don't exist. Let's just assume whatever we want about people and attack them on fabrications of our design.

    Do you really think anyone takes you seriously when you never stop lying?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Simply because there is a government in Iraq does not mean that the country is not being occupied by the US. The same goes for Afghanistan.
    There is fact then there is fiction.
    Simply because you have chosen to rely on fiction does not mean I'm going to.
    Its rhetoric based on nothing and its pretty clear you know that.

    Iraq was occupied for about a year or so. Afghanistan was never occupied.
    Last edited by Triad; 05-08-09 at 01:43 AM.

  5. #75
    User Analyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Last Seen
    09-16-09 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    131

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, its worse than nothing if he doesn't keep his promise. He has broken a few of those already, so what makes you think he will keep this one?
    I don't recall saying he would. In fact, I doubt he will but unlike others here, I won't give up all hope just because they say I should.

    This thread is filled with one-sided data and personal opinion, mostly devoid of facts. I prefer measured discussion on an issue whenever possible. We can all agree Obama sucks horribly as many times as we want, but what good does it do, really?

    I'd also argue that those quick to condemn his actions are talking out their ass - I mean, how many of them can honestly state they are experts on the economy? I'd bet few, if any.

    I've posted numerous times asking folks to post a link that supports the efficacy of conservative economics as opposed to what's happening now, and I've still not seen anything that remotely supports their stance. It's fine to take a strong stance on an issue - but seriously, put your money where your mouth is.

    I'm not an expert, which is why I'm taking a wait and see approach.
    Last edited by Analyst; 05-08-09 at 12:45 PM.

  6. #76
    Educator nerv14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    02-07-11 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    601

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    If you ask any economist, they will tell you that you NEED to have a large defecit in a recession to push the aggregate demand curve to the right. That is where Obama is doing well...

    However, they also tell you that in a good economy you should have a surplus to make up for the defecits. Obama will be sure to miss that, but what he is doing now DOES make sense.

    If Obama has a large surplus after the economy recovers, then I will like him no matter what else he does...

    If after the economy recovers, if he just increases taxes the rich, reduces pork and doesn't have too much randome spending, then he may be able to pull this off.

  7. #77
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    I was referring to the occupations of Afghanistan and Iraq. I thought that was obvious.
    His (and my) point is that the US isnt occupying Iraq or Afghanistan.

  8. #78
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Ah, fuzzy math. How much of the massive deficit is Bush era items?
    Irrelevant. The Obama could have chosen to cancel/defund/repeal every sinlge one of them. Instead, He CHOSE to continue on with them, making them Obama-Era programs.

    Thus, your complaint holds no water.

  9. #79
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Were banks failing and was the economy contracting at -6.5% when Bush proposed his first budget?
    We were told by the Dems and liberals that the economy under GWB was the "worst in 50 years". Are you saying that was a lie?

  10. #80
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Releases $3.4 Trillion Budget Plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique View Post
    Simply because there is a government in Iraq does not mean that the country is not being occupied by the US. The same goes for Afghanistan.
    When a government asks the US military to be in its country, and when the US military will leave when that government requests, the US military isnt an occupying force.

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •