Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

  1. #21
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:00 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,720

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Training.


    Lot of training.



    Front Sight Firearms Training Institute
    Good point, because exercising Second Amendment rights should be done in a responsible way. Training is important with ANY weapon. That's one reason I used to a member of the NRA, before they got political. When I was in a kid, my entire Boy Scout troop took hunter's safety and handgun safety courses through the NRA. Despite their going downhill in the last several years, the NRA does very good work in firearms education. On the political side, though, Gun Owners of America is a better organization, but that does not detract from the good work the NRA does.
    Last edited by danarhea; 05-08-09 at 11:49 AM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  2. #22
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,391

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Good point, because exercising Second Amendment rights should be done in a responsible way. Training is important with ANY weapon. That's one reason I used to a member of the NRA, before they got political. When I was in a kid, my entire Boy Scout troop took hunter's safety and handgun safety courses through the NRA. Despite their going downhill in the last several years, the NRA does very good work in firearms education. On the political side, though, Gun Owners of America is a better organization, but that does not detract from the good work the NRA does.


    I take it even further, saftey courses, marksmanship courses are not enough. You NEED to take a home defense course, and you need to practice and drill this until it becomes instinct.


    Training on how to fight with a gun is as important as handing the gunshop your credit card.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    I'm not saying this because I'm opposed to the idea...

    I think it's sad that we live in a day and age where home defense courses are a necessary part of life.

  4. #24
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    You need much more than a "CHL" (or a CCW) for "situations like this". You know that right?
    I was actually planning on throwing my CHL at him and hoping for a fatal wound.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #25
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,391

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I was actually planning on throwing my CHL at him and hoping for a fatal wound.



    Did you keep reading hawse?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #26
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,262

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I take it even further, saftey courses, marksmanship courses are not enough. You NEED to take a home defense course, and you need to practice and drill this until it becomes instinct.


    Training on how to fight with a gun is as important as handing the gunshop your credit card.
    Plant Claymores in the walls do you?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #27
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by Orius View Post
    I'm not saying this because I'm opposed to the idea...

    I think it's sad that we live in a day and age where home defense courses are a necessary part of life.

    I hear what you say bro... but the world has never been a safe place.
    Victorian London had such crime problems that it was worth your life to go out after dark in many neighborhoods.
    Even the 1950's in America had plenty of issues regarding violent crime.

    While it would be lovely if we lived in a world where personal safety wasn't so hard to come by, I'm too pragmatic to really worry over that too long... it's always been that way to some degree. I'm just glad that so many people are having their eyes opened to the need for self-protection...and the hope that this trend really will "take a bite out of crime" in a big way.

    G.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  8. #28
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Did you keep reading hawse?
    Yes, I just needed an opportunity to be a smart ass.

    I plan on going through numerous training courses, so no worries.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #29
    Professor
    Shewter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Puget Sound
    Last Seen
    02-21-13 @ 09:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,995

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    It's sociopathic scumbags like the attempted rape/murder/robbers like these that give/force the need for SELF protection.

    In all honesty, with people like this in the world (and they will NEVER be completely removed from our society) I don't understand why any citizen would not only give up their own rights but the rights of others.

    Sigh... Ideally there would be absolutely no NEED for CCW, tactical training, and a naughty little boomstick under my shoulder... but as the saying goes, "Want in one hand..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Don't apologize to me over that silly ****. I could care less if I can see the dust or not.
    Now apologize for apologizing!

  10. #30
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: College Student Shoots, Kills Home Invader

    I think the Death Penalty is the only suitable punishment for those who wish to rape a woman. What a sick bastard, kudos to the students.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •