Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 147

Thread: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

  1. #81
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Thats not MY logic, its Kaya's. I was lampooning it.
    How the heck is that my knowledge? I take it your the kind to make out its my way of thinking in a debate because it suits you. We'd be back in the garden of eden if i supported that type of logic. Please, grow a pair. Your making out all this crap happened 100's of years ago. There wouldnt be a dispute on divided Cyprus if we used the knowledge your advocating: "it happened about 40 years ago, and though its an occupation and considered illegal on an international scale, its ok anyway (Y)"
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  2. #82
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Nevermind...I found a link. I have a problem with the initiative. The Arab demands are pretty well defined. What Israel gets in return is fine but has no fine points to it, leading to the possibility for "misinterpretation". Forgive me for being suspicious, but remember. Back in 2002, one day before this peace plan was, initially, going to be made public, the Passover Massacre occurred, a suicide bombing that killed 30 Israeli citizens. I'd like to see some of the details hashed out. And this is the problem. The initiative from the Arabs calls for the Israelis to agree to this before any fine points are negotiated.

    You don't enter a contract without reading, discussing, and agreeing to the fine print. In it's current form, I say veto.
    Oh i agree.
    I'm skeptical that the "moderate" arab nations will get the "extreme" arab nations to go along with this.
    I'm slightly confused as to when the Arabs will recognise Israel. After the Palestinian state is formed? And what will bridge the gap between W Bank and Gaza? I notice there is alot of Israeli land splitting them both.


  3. #83
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Because its officially recognized that Israel occupies Golan? Otherwise we wouldnt be here argueing about it.
    Show me a relevant difference between "occupies" and "owns".
    Who controls the Airspace ?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    And considering America is widely accepted as an American country and not a native american country because Americans form the large majority and well, essentially own and run America, and even have there own independance day to show it, id say its safe to say that the US belongs to you guys. Hey listen, your always welcome back in the UK, mate.
    Israel has parallels to all of this.

  4. #84
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Show me a relevant difference between "occupies" and "owns".
    Who controls the Airspace ?
    First and foremost, i dont see your point. You seem to be dancing around my opinion. I stated a mere fact. The world does not recognize Golan as rightfully belonging to Israel for a reason, because it is accepted that the occupation is illegal. This also has no relevance to the US and im saying that for the last time.

    Israel occupied the West Bank in the 1967 war and its settlement activity is regarded as illegal under international law, although Israel disputes this.
    BBC NEWS | Middle East | UN laments choking of Bethlehem
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    First and foremost, i dont see your point. You seem to be dancing around my opinion. I stated a mere fact.
    What you stated was a terminology bait and switch.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    The world does not recognize Golan as rightfully belonging to Israel
    The hell it doesn't. Show me one invasion force mounted in the last 40 plus years to take Golan away from Israel.

    The world DOES recognize Israel's ownership and control of the area. 40 years of ongoing recognition is proof.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The world DOES recognize Israel's ownership and control of the area.
    The world just barely recognizes Israel.
    61 years and sometimes still it's right to Palestine/the land is being questioned.

    It is a occupied territory that rightfully belongs to another soverign state.
    Last edited by Laila; 05-07-09 at 04:27 PM.


  7. #87
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    What you stated was a terminology bait and switch.



    The hell it doesn't. Show me one invasion force mounted in the last 40 plus years to take Golan away from Israel.

    The world DOES recognize Israel's ownership and control of the area. 40 years of ongoing recognition is proof.
    I would accept Golan Heights as rightfully Israelis under the context that it was done so under the condition there activies in the region does not account for illegal occupation by the international community, that word alone signalizes its land not owned by Israel but again, rather an occupied region by Israel. If they owned it, it wouldnt be considered as a Syrian region occupied militarily by the IDF. Had it have been fully annexed into Israel and considered part of the state and therefore recognized as such by the international community then fine. But no such treaty has happened and so the region is OCCUPIED and not rightfully theres.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-07-09 at 04:42 PM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    The world just barely recognizes Israel.
    Simply false. They have been left alone by the vast majority of humankind for the last 40 years.

    The last batch of idiots to try and deny the reality got their ass handed to them in 1967. Golan is Israel, forever, as punishment for Syrian misbehavior. The world agrees, as it has left Golan in Israeli hands, hasn't it.

  9. #89
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The world agrees, as it has left Golan in Israeli hands, hasn't it.
    Incorrect again.
    The world has agreed with nothing.

    It is noted as occupied territory. Not Israeli territory.
    Kindly note the difference


  10. #90
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    The world agrees, as it has left Golan in Israeli hands, hasn't it.
    Rofl thats your excuse? You mean YOU agree, not the world.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •