Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 147

Thread: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

  1. #61
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,425

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwar View Post
    Territorial integrity won by righteous conquest and the strategic advantage thereof. Golan is Israel forever.
    Bull****. So by your logic Iraq now belongs to the U.S. Righteous conquest? You're delusional.

    Their voting majority. They have decided, no.

    Looks like someone needs to learn to take No for an answer.
    I don't buy that for a minute.
    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #62
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Bull****. So by your logic Iraq now belongs to the U.S. Righteous conquest? You're delusional.



    I don't buy that for a minute.
    A bit overthetop, even for you. I don't think the US in Iraq is the same thing. Israel was attacked by Arabs, who lost the war. Israel felt the buffer was necessary for security. They'd been attacked a number of times since 1948.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #63
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Bull****. So by your logic Iraq now belongs to the U.S. Righteous conquest? You're delusional.
    No, but the West sure does , doesn't it ?

    What you attempt here is a strawman, but I'll play along for a bit.

    How far do YOUR "givebacks" go ? Do you want the beads back and the Native Americans get Manhattan ?

    Let's spin the hyperbole play back onto you.

    Is it your contention that nothing a nation state can do makes it ok to invade them ? If the fight is over a geographic feature, and the ability to lob mortars from that location, is it your contention that Syria can do anything it likes and it is never ok for their neighbor to deny this ground to their enemy ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't buy that for a minute.
    I hope you don't call that a refutation.

  4. #64
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    A bit overthetop, even for you. I don't think the US in Iraq is the same thing. Israel was attacked by Arabs, who lost the war. Israel felt the buffer was necessary for security. They'd been attacked a number of times since 1948.
    How does that change or render Lexrst's original point wrong, or "not the same thing"? Its exactly the same thing, your just trying to defy the logic. American if you wasnt such a hardliner, pro-everything American and its allies dispite who is wrong, unrational, redneck republican, you'd be alright. Also, i recommend joining storm front. Your brothers would welcome you with open arms.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #65
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    No, but the West sure does , doesn't it ?
    Sure does what?

    How far do YOUR "givebacks" go ? Do you want the beads back and the Native Americans get Manhattan?
    Your ancestors essentially annexed America to themselves. Israel occupies regions that they took from the Arabs. Its a different story altogether. Not to mention that was a long time ago before people got a sense of what a nation can and cant do, before the UN, before Political correctness was on the international agenda, NATO and human rights we're properly formed, and before we where a globalized economy, before "terrortorial integrety" had any substance to it. Countries could expand and pillage and colonize all they want. What happened then can be percieved differently if it occured today. Imagine if the British empire was reformed and they invaded and occupied India. The world would be forming allied powers and fighting the British like they did with the last empire in Europe. Back then, it wasnt such a big thing.
    Last edited by kaya'08; 05-07-09 at 09:41 AM.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  6. #66
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    American if you wasnt such a hardliner, pro-everything American and its allies dispite who is wrong, unrational, redneck republican, you'd be alright. Also, i recommend joining storm front. Your brothers would welcome you with open arms.
    Ad Hominem smear attempt.

    Syria lost Golan, forever, via repeated misbehavior.

  7. #67
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Forgive me being cynical about the israel palastine situation it just seems broken to me i think the best we can hope for is a slow push towards peace over decades.I feel as though in 20 years time we are still gonna be talking about new talks on the possibility of a 2 state solution.People compare it to northern ireland but the magnitude seems ten fold if even comparable.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  8. #68
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    How does that change or render Lexrst's original point wrong, or "not the same thing"? Its exactly the same thing, your just trying to defy the logic. American if you wasnt such a hardliner, pro-everything American and its allies dispite who is wrong, unrational, redneck republican, you'd be alright. Also, i recommend joining storm front. Your brothers would welcome you with open arms.
    Unrational redneck? Why the insults? Sure I'm pro-American, shouldn't I be? I'll bet you there are more anti-American than pro-American comments on this website. I don't support European opinions most of the time because they don't step up to the plate like they should. Europeans are good at complaining and second-guessing, but hardly take the initiative to lead anything. Frankly I'm tired of it. If Europe wants to play with the big boys as the EU, then they need to grow a pair and take the lead, and stop bitching about what we're doing.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  9. #69
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Last Seen
    12-10-11 @ 02:19 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    5,122

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Your ancestors essentially annexed America to themselves. Israel occupies regions that they took from the Arabs.
    Oh, so its different because you chose a different synonym ??

    Please.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Not to mention that was a long time ago before people got a sense of what a nation can and cant do, before the UN,
    Lol the UN. Again, please.

    What can nations do and not do again ?

    Can Russia invade Afghanistan ? Yes or no ?

    How bout Chechnya ?

    Give the Naivete a Rest, please.

  10. #70
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Arabs revising peace plan to gain Israel backing

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Unrational redneck? Why the insults? Sure I'm pro-American, shouldn't I be? I'll bet you there are more anti-American than pro-American comments on this website. I don't support European opinions most of the time because they don't step up to the plate like they should. Europeans are good at complaining and second-guessing, but hardly take the initiative to lead anything. Frankly I'm tired of it. If Europe wants to play with the big boys as the EU, then they need to grow a pair and take the lead, and stop bitching about what we're doing.

    Its good to be pro-american. But not "pro-everything American and its allies dispite who is wrong". Read.

    I don't support European opinions most of the time because they don't step up to the plate like they should. European are good at complaining and second-guessing, but hardly take the initiative to lead anything. Frankly I'm tired of it. If Europe wants to play with the big boys as the EU, then they need to grow a pair and take the lead, and stop bitching about what we're doing.
    You think most British people wouldnt agree with you on this one? Why do you think we want out? Ever since the union was formed Europes balls have been shrinking like a guy on steroids. We're now practically forming a vagina. But im butting my nose in because i have a right to my opinion, i have the right to debate, i have the right to involve myself with American affairs because:

    A) Your actions affect all of Europe and much of the world and therefore me.

    B) Any conflict you get involved with will most likely see Europe in NATO fighting beside you.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •