Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 78

Thread: DC approves same-sex marriage law

  1. #41
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but isn't marriage a state institution already?
    Not when it comes to federal benefits and taxation. And being recognized across states via the full faith and credit clause.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  2. #42
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    it was the Republicans that used gay marriage as a wedge. For example the FMA.
    Yes, that's why the uber liberal state of Oregon voted down Gay Marriage right? Because it's those damn dirty Republicans.

    That's why Californians keep rejecting it right?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  3. #43
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    So, then you will back gay marriage, right? I mean, if you don't care and to show how much you care about your fellow man... and woman.
    The real issue here isn't "Marriage" it's legal rights bestowed upon the person you with to consider your "spouse". The whole crux of the matter is the word and definition of MARRIAGE.


    The gay lobby activist KNOW they could get Civil Unions passed but no... can't have that! Have to shove their definition of "MARRIAGE" in everyone's faces and then cry victim because most folks just reject that premise out right.

    One side demands the other side unconditionally surrender it's values in favor of a minority WITHIN a minority.

    The wedge is the hammering "Gay is normal" and playing victim when folks go "yeah, look we really don't care if you're gay, but quit trying to say it's normal and teach my 5 year old that two daddy's is fine and kissing boys is okay". My own son, he's ten now, he asked my why two men were holding hands at the mall last time he was here. I explained that some guys like guys instead of girls. It's not normal, but it's their life they are free to be gay if they wish. It's really none of our business either which way. And I left it at that.


    Personally I say the Gay Movement and those that support it's current agenda are some of the most bigoted, intolerant, anti-freedom folks around, and to hell with all of you.
    Last edited by Renae; 05-06-09 at 12:09 AM.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  4. #44
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The real issue here isn't "Marriage" it's legal rights bestowed upon the person you with to consider your "spouse". The whole crux of the matter is the word and definition of MARRIAGE.

    The gay lobby activist KNOW they could get Civil Unions passed but no... can't have that! Have to shove their definition of "MARRIAGE" in everyone's faces and then cry victim because most folks just reject that premise out right.

    One side demands the other side unconditionally surrender it's values in favor of a minority WITHIN a minority.

    The wedge is the hammering "Gay is normal" and playing victim when folks go "yeah, look we really don't care if you're gay, but quit trying to say it's normal and teach my 5 year old that two daddy's is fine and kissing boys is okay". My own son, he's ten now, he asked my why two men were holding hands at the mall last time he was here. I explained that some guys like guys instead of girls. It's not normal, but it's their life they are free to be gay if they wish. It's really none of our business either which way. And I left it at that.


    Personally I say the Gay Movement and those that support it's current agenda are some of the most bigoted, intolerant, anti-freedom folks around, and to hell with all of you.
    I thought you didn't care? A tad disingenuous, I would say.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  5. #45
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I thought you didn't care? A tad disingenuous, I would say.
    Yes, because that's obviously what I was saying there.

    I do not care if someone is gay.

    No where did I contradict that.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #46
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post


    Personally I say the Gay Movement and those that support it's current agenda are some of the most bigoted, intolerant, anti-freedom folks around, and to hell with all of you.
    Really so how about showing some proof that I support our current Fascism? Or how about the fact I have six military veterans (with four being alive) in my family all of a sudden makes me a communist according to certain members on this forum. I have all ready put up the challenge on why there is no argument against since NO ONE can prove that if effects me economically, personally or constitutionally but NOOOOOO is much easier to play the red card or the ax card. Why dont you step up to the plate.
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  7. #47
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by chevydriver1123 View Post
    Really so how about showing some proof that I support our current Fascism? Or how about the fact I have six military veterans (with four being alive) in my family all of a sudden makes me a communist according to certain members on this forum. I have all ready put up the challenge on why there is no argument against since NO ONE can prove that if effects me economically, personally or constitutionally but NOOOOOO is much easier to play the red card or the ax card. Why dont you step up to the plate.
    WTF are you on about?

    Gay Marriage, it's a divisive issue. Civil Unions gives the legal protections they seek without pissing off even liberal states.

    Issue solved.

    Instead, we get this long drawn out fight over changing the definition of a word because one side, deems it has a right to force the rest of society to change. THAT'S my problem with issue.

    Where you came up with me calling anyone a facist is beyond me. I'm looking for COMPROMISE and you are off on a tangent.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #48
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Yes, that's why the uber liberal state of Oregon voted down Gay Marriage right? Because it's those damn dirty Republicans.
    Somewhat.

    Aside from Portland, Salem, Eugene and maybe Bend (on some days), Oregon is more or less a red state.

    http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/wor...-by-county.png

    The vote really depends on how well the city votes vs the rural.
    Last edited by obvious Child; 05-06-09 at 04:30 AM.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  9. #49
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    WTF are you on about?

    Gay Marriage, it's a divisive issue. Civil Unions gives the legal protections they seek without pissing off even liberal states.

    Issue solved.
    Brown vs Board of Education.

    Instead, we get this long drawn out fight over changing the definition of a word because one side, deems it has a right to force the rest of society to change. THAT'S my problem with issue.
    Marriage's definition has never been solidly one way or the other. Stop pretending that it has always been that way. Furthermore, the better alternative would be to get government out of marriage. Or do you think that more government in our lives is better?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: DC approves same-sex marriage law

    I laugh at the argument that gay activists are hurting their own cause by protesting vehemently.

    Gay marriage has to be an issue before it's a non-issue, just like all the issues that came before, therefore it's going to be politicized so I suggest you get used to that fact. There are going to be radicals in any protest, and if you choose to focus on them alone then you are obfuscating the matter for yourself and no one else.

    Meanwhile, if these activists never spoke up, then what would be the likelihood of them being able to register for marriage licenses? Nil.

    So they are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •