Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 137

Thread: UK 'least wanted' list published

  1. #31
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Michael Savage Banned In The U.K

    Michael Savage Banned In The U.K. : NPR

    Conservative radio host Michael Savage's name has been placed on a list banning his entrance into the U.K. The list also includes a white supremacist and a member of Hamas.

    1st. savage is an ass. So lets not rehash that. but really. banning him from a country becase of his speach?

    Didn't they recently let a ismalicist with terrorist ties do a college speaking tour? anyone?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    1st. savage is an ass. So lets not rehash that. but really. banning him from a country becase of his speach?

    Didn't they recently let a ismalicist with terrorist ties do a college speaking tour? anyone?
    I am all for free speech but Savage is on my very short list of people I wouldn't raise a fuss over being banned from public speaking.

  3. #33
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    I am no fan. I just found it funny they felt the need to ban a third rate sattelite radio talk show dude especially, and I am trying to find it, where they had some guy with terrorists ties doing the university tour..... heck I don't think he is even on the local NYC market stations.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I am no fan. I just found it funny they felt the need to ban a third rate sattelite radio talk show dude especially, and I am trying to find it, where they had some guy with terrorists ties doing the university tour..... heck I don't think he is even on the local NYC market stations.....
    The UK legal code is a little different when it comes to hate speech. They are far less tolerant of people like Savage than we are in America.

    I am intolerant of Savage because he crosses the line into incitement on many occasions. There's just no sense in it.

  5. #35
    Guru
    DamnYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,012

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    There's a thread on this already.

  6. #36
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    The UK legal code is a little different when it comes to hate speech. They are far less tolerant of people like Savage than we are in America.

    I am intolerant of Savage because he crosses the line into incitement on many occasions. There's just no sense in it.


    I agree, however I don't think he actually "incites" anyone.... I don't know anyone that likes him. Maybe thats cause I live in Jersey.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #37
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,717

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    There's a thread on this already.


    MERGE IT!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #38
    Guru
    DamnYankee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    4,012

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by Saboteur View Post
    I don't pay attention to what I don't agree with same with crack pot liberals as it is with conservative nut jobs. Life's too short.
    Your problem.

    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I agree, however I don't think he actually "incites" anyone.... I don't know anyone that likes him. Maybe thats cause I live in Jersey.
    One word for you: jamesrage.

    He patterns his rhetoric after Savage, worships every tenet of the Savage doctrine, and emulates Savage in every word he speaks politically. I believe wholeheartedly in free speech and free expression but I see no value in an entertainer who makes his name off calling out to the most habitually angry members of our society and giving validation to their baser instincts of hate and mistrust. Some attacks on civility simply should not be tolerated.

  10. #40
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Michael Savage Banned In The U.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    One word for you: jamesrage.

    He patterns his rhetoric after Savage, worships every tenet of the Savage doctrine, and emulates Savage in every word he speaks politically. I believe wholeheartedly in free speech and free expression but I see no value in an entertainer who makes his name off calling out to the most habitually angry members of our society and giving validation to their baser instincts of hate and mistrust. Some attacks on civility simply should not be tolerated.
    As in 'should not be tolerated silently'? Or as in, 'should be banned'?

    OBL 11/24/02

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •