Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 137

Thread: UK 'least wanted' list published

  1. #121
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Uhh, prime minister of England.
    And that photoshopped picture? Where is that from. If it was online I should be able to find it.
    “We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  2. #122
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The US has already done that for god sake lol.

    They have banned entry for 3 month old babies because they had the "wrong name".

    Even the Cat Stevens issue was a clear cut attempt to bar a person because of his opinions, even though the alleged opinions were provided by a 3rd party without any evidence. Even if Cat Stevens had knowingly given money to a Hamas charity, then that is an expression just as much as saying "i support bla bla" and the US banned entry based on this allegation by another nation. So dont try to delude yourself in thinking that the US is any better than the UK.. after there are over 1 million people on the no fly list to the US.. and far far from all of those are wanted terrorists.. they are on that list because the US does not want them into the US for what ever reason they see fit..
    Thats like saying how dare you criticize us over our ban on guns you people ban the private ownership of NASA space shuttles and don't let people launch satellite rockets from the front yards of residential properties. Giving money to terrorist groups and speaking your mind about something are two completely separate things.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 05-06-09 at 02:21 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #123
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tiamat's better half
    Last Seen
    10-28-11 @ 01:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    15,998

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    The US has already done that for god sake lol.

    They have banned entry for 3 month old babies because they had the "wrong name".

    Even the Cat Stevens issue was a clear cut attempt to bar a person because of his opinions, even though the alleged opinions were provided by a 3rd party without any evidence. Even if Cat Stevens had knowingly given money to a Hamas charity, then that is an expression just as much as saying "i support bla bla" and the US banned entry based on this allegation by another nation. So dont try to delude yourself in thinking that the US is any better than the UK.. after there are over 1 million people on the no fly list to the US.. and far far from all of those are wanted terrorists.. they are on that list because the US does not want them into the US for what ever reason they see fit..
    I know this. I have said I thought the Cat Stevens thing was stupid. I think and hope the difference is eventually we sort it out and figure out if someone is an actual threat to our society and if not we correct or lift the banning.

    The UK doesn't at this time seem to be even making a legit case of "Savage is a threat," so much as they basically seem to be saying people who say this, this, and that are not allowed in. It's not a typo, a concern over someone having the same name as some known terrorist, or concerns that someone is funding terrorist groups. They just don't like his radio show. If the US did that to someone I'd be outraged.

  4. #124
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    [quote=zimmer;1058013150][quote]
    Free speech is what it is.
    It reveals idiocy and genius; sometimes a very fine line.
    Do you think we have free speech here in the U.S.? I have a friend who after having a bottle smashed over his head say to his attacker "I'm going to kill you". The attacker's girlfriend called the police, my friend was arrested and charged and convicted of making terroristic threats. 5 years probation for speaking freely.

    You want to start this game?
    It is a political one.
    It ends badly.

    Now... let's play shall we?

    OOOOO I'm soooooooo scared pweez don huwt me

    You can take Savage,
    You're on;

    Michael Savage - BillionQuotes

    Michael Savage:

    "Oh, you're one of the sodomites! You should only get AIDS and die, you pig! How's that? Why don't you see if you can sue me, you pig? You got nothing better than to put me down, you piece of garbage? You got nothing to do today? Go eat a sausage and choke on it. Get trichinosis. Okay, got another nice caller here who's busy because he didn't have a nice night in the bath house and is angry at me today?" Bauder, David. "MSNBC fires Savage on anti-gay remarks." Associated Press: July 7, 2003

    The radical Democratic left is an army of soulless ghouls. Being of the living dead, they live in a world of death and try to impose it on we the living. Witness who led the charge: a radical homosexual, Barney Frank. A radical abortion Mafiosa, Barbara Boxer. What is difficult for we the living to comprehend is the reason they can engage in such anti-life abominations is because they have no souls. They have said that the tears of Terri Schiavo are mechanical. They have said that her smile is reflexive. They can rip an emerging child from the womb, murder it, and call this a compassionate act. Like Mengele -- the doctor of death from the Nazi concentration camps -- the radical, soulless Democrats keep referring to "the doctors," as if a medical degree guaranteed humanity. Therefore, choose life. God bless George W. Bush." - March 22, 2005.

    "With the [Latino] population that has emerged, since they breed like rabbits, in many cases the whites will become a minority in their own nation... The white people don't breed as often for whatever reason. I guess many homosexuals are involved. That is also part of the grand plan, to push homosexuality to cut down on the white race" San Francisco Bay Guardian, September 9, 2000.


    and I'll raise you with Rev Wright, Rev Pfleger and Barack Hussein Obama for starters.
    Go ahead quote something as bad as the above from them.

    Your turn.


    I know what it is, from your perspective.
    It is equivocal to intolerance.
    No, it is your perspective is what's twisted.

    Liberal used to mean 180 to what it does today.
    Libs have taken a good term, and as usual, have preverted it beyond belief.
    Then they run from it, like Hillary, and her "progressive" moniker.
    Prove Hilary isn't progressive, don't just repeat what you've heard from your favorite propagandists.

    You folks really are a sad lot.
    What is it about Liberty that you cannot understand or tolerate?
    Why ask me? Go read an Ann Coulter book I'm sure you'll find your opinion in there somewheree.

    Geez, I used to be a hard core leftist.
    Then I grew up. Changed 180 degrees.
    What was that about not being open minded... "weak minded"?
    Where does it say open minded in the liberalism definition? Because I'm a liberal I'm supposed to tolerate hatred? that's just wrong.

    Is England hostile to free speech... free political speech? Seems so.
    Yes they have had limits on free speech for some time.

    To think, we are largely a product of the English, English thought, English law.

    My, how they have fallen.
    Revolutionary War, War of 1812...

    This is the case for censorship?
    ?
    ?

    A party that censored and killed its opponents?
    Hmmm.
    Speaking of censorship and killing opponents;

    Vester: You say you'd rather not talk to liberals at all?
    Coulter: I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days.

    "When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."

    My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.
    New York Observer article; August 26, 2002


    Ann Coulter


    LOL.
    You Libs have this down to perfection, and with the aid of the AMMP (http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...DfCyEqwtibBfQw) you have the propagandist arm... yet you fret over a someone who doesn't tolerate you very often.
    I knew one of you guys would slip up and call the MSM 'liberal media' someday.


    Did I say I listen to Savage (I have a couple times), have I said I supported him?
    In defending him you support him.

    See, what I am defending is the value of FREE SPEECH.
    Wrong, you are defending hate speech the same kind of talk that incites violence.

    I think Rev. Wright and Pfleger are loony toons, but have, through being able to speak freely... identified what type of spineless drivel they are and Obama is nd has been for decades.

    They shouldn't be censored, because it tells us who these hate mongers and their followers are.

    He sat there for 20 years... ate up the hate... and THAT has value.
    If only people would have looked... because we're getting it back in spades today.
    Prove Obama hates us.
    Last edited by Saboteur; 05-06-09 at 02:22 PM.
    “We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  5. #125
    blond bombshell

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    uk
    Last Seen
    10-19-12 @ 11:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    4,729

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    We seem to be entering a bizarre time when people are being banned purely for their opinions seems like a foolish road to me.
    The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

  6. #126
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Uhh, prime minister of England.
    I think you mean Prime Minister of the United Kingdom


  7. #127
    Professor
    Saboteur's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 06:49 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,234

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    We seem to be entering a bizarre time when people are being banned purely for their opinions seems like a foolish road to me.
    Sounds like an internet forum to me.
    “We must picture hell as a state where everyone is perpetually concerned about his own dignity and advancement, where everyone has a grievance, and where everyone lives with the deadly serious passions of envy, self-importance, and resentment.”
    ― C.S. Lewis, The Screwtape Letters

  8. #128
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    It is a strange move. I don't think any far right groups in the UK would pay attention to an American talk show host, so I'm not sure who he is likely to "incite to violence" in Britain.

    I wouldn't send him any invitations, but a ban is unneccesary.

    It is very funny that he wants his listeners to cancel their holidays to 'England'. Can't he include Scotland as well, I don't want any Michael Savage listeners to come here!
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

  9. #129
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by Slainte View Post
    It is a strange move. I don't think any far right groups in the UK would pay attention to an American talk show host, so I'm not sure who he is likely to "incite to violence" in Britain.
    A lot of the far right neo nazi movements in Europe get a bulk of their funding from the US far right KKK and Neo Nazi groups. I once read long ago, that most of the Neo Nazi material in Germany is printed in the US and smuggled in. This was before the internet though

    I wouldn't send him any invitations, but a ban is unneccesary.
    And if he came to the UK and preached his hate.. then what? I understand where you are coming from, but I would rather have "you are not allowed into this country" than "you are welcome but if you do come then you are not allowed to spew your hatred".

    It is very funny that he wants his listeners to cancel their holidays to 'England'. Can't he include Scotland as well, I don't want any Michael Savage listeners to come here!


    Make that all of Europe!
    PeteEU

  10. #130
    Educator
    Slainte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scotland
    Last Seen
    02-15-13 @ 11:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,061

    Re: UK 'least wanted' list published

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    A lot of the far right neo nazi movements in Europe get a bulk of their funding from the US far right KKK and Neo Nazi groups. I once read long ago, that most of the Neo Nazi material in Germany is printed in the US and smuggled in. This was before the internet though
    But Savage is not actually a Neo-Nazi. He might agree with a few of their policies, but I would still categorise him as a plain old ultra-conservative nut.

    I can't really see an old Yankee talk show host stirring the passions of groups like Combat 18.

    And if he came to the UK and preached his hate.. then what? I understand where you are coming from, but I would rather have "you are not allowed into this country" than "you are welcome but if you do come then you are not allowed to spew your hatred".
    I don't want to defend the guy, but there are probably some people in Britain who agree with the things he says. I don't listen to Savage, and by some of his comments it sounds like he walks a tight line in regards to "hate speech" at times, but it seems like he also articulates some serious opinions, even if they are not nice ones. I think British people can handle those opinions.
    We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •