Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 475

Thread: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanistan

  1. #421
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I'll just assume you "accidentally" dropped the "e" from my user name instead of accusing you of being an asshole.


    Hey, welcome to the discussion, sport. It's SERE not SEAR. Look back a few pages, we've already covered and debunked this one.


    Because it's against the law. That's what illegal means. A limited form, under strict rules, for training certain people to be prepared for TORTURE that they might receive if captured. Now, please don't repeat your emailed talking point to any more of your neocon friends, doing so would make you a bold faced liar at worst and a deceitful jerk at best and you certainly don't want to be known that way, would you?
    Really Sport so when I went thru SERE and was waterboard I was imaging it correct is that what you are telling me huh.

    Second Waterboarding isn't illegal please show me where Congress has actually pass a Law and the President and the Supreme Court Signed off on it and then President signed off on it.

  2. #422
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post

    The military and by proxy, the CiC is responsible for the welfare of our troops. When it is evident that our troops are not getting the support they need it's usually the military family that speaks up first; simply because they get the gripes from the troops first. So, the reason no one was bitching loudly about Bosnia, Haiti and Somalia is because (yes I know I said this already but you conveniently ignored it) we didn't have troops being killed daily DUE TO A LACK OF BODY ARMOR.


    And who told the American public about it so we could get on Congress? Oh, no one...


    Like I pointed out to you, there were many deaths occurring because of a lack of body armor and military families went to the media to get the word out. But you'd rather play a political game, proving that you are nothing but a partisan hack.

    First off lets take Somalia we were complaining back then to the Brasshats that we need to Body Armor hell there was even an investigation into why we sent combat troops in with out any body armor.

    In Haiti we had some Body Armor not much but their was a few units like 101st who had body Armor. but once again a post invasion reported was critical of no Body Armor which was sent to Congress.

    Bosnia, I think your slightly off here almost all US Army units had some sort of 1st Generation Body Armor but the stuff was/is crap and there was a complaint sent back to Congress about it.

    As for your question on who told the American Public the US military family way back in 1997 when the first reports came out about the lack of proper equipment being used by US Ground Force. Congress was told about this problem in 1993 thru 2000 and didn't do squat wonder why.

    Yes your correct that their were allot of deaths but many of those deaths could have should have been avoided if the troops actually had the correct Body Armor unstead of the 40 Year Old Flack Jackets and if Congress had done it's job.

  3. #423
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Hey Slop,

    You do understand that the US Military performs Waterboarding on US militray folks who go threw SEAR School along with certain types of Civilian folks who have to work let say for the UN in certain Teams(wonder what type of teams these could be).

    So if the US Military use Waterboarding then how can it be called illegal answer me that one please.




    It's SERE....... Survival, Evasion, Resistance and Escape school.


    When I went through it, there were no civillians. but then again, i wasn't looking out for em.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #424
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    First off lets take Somalia we were complaining back then to the Brasshats that we need to Body Armor hell there was even an investigation into why we sent combat troops in with out any body armor.

    In Haiti we had some Body Armor not much but their was a few units like 101st who had body Armor. but once again a post invasion reported was critical of no Body Armor which was sent to Congress.

    Bosnia, I think your slightly off here almost all US Army units had some sort of 1st Generation Body Armor but the stuff was/is crap and there was a complaint sent back to Congress about it.

    As for your question on who told the American Public the US military family way back in 1997 when the first reports came out about the lack of proper equipment being used by US Ground Force. Congress was told about this problem in 1993 thru 2000 and didn't do squat wonder why.

    Yes your correct that their were allot of deaths but many of those deaths could have should have been avoided if the troops actually had the correct Body Armor unstead of the 40 Year Old Flack Jackets and if Congress had done it's job.






    I thought Operation Deliberate Force was an air campaign? Was there a need for body armor in 96 after this? , and no, they had the ****ty PASGT vest
    Last edited by ReverendHellh0und; 06-03-09 at 07:28 AM.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #425
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Really Sport so when I went thru SERE and was waterboard I was imaging it correct is that what you are telling me huh.

    Second Waterboarding isn't illegal please show me where Congress has actually pass a Law and the President and the Supreme Court Signed off on it and then President signed off on it.
    Being waterboarded during training is... TRAINING.

    Being waterboarded in an effort to get info from you, is.... TORTURE.

    Torture, including waterboarding is... ILLEGAL!

    People have been tried and convicted of doing it. The USA prosecuted people for doing it. US citizens too!


    To continually say it is not torture and not illegal is... well... ignorant.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #426
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Being waterboarded during training is... TRAINING.

    Being waterboarded in an effort to get info from you, is.... TORTURE.

    Torture, including waterboarding is... ILLEGAL!

    People have been tried and convicted of doing it. The USA prosecuted people for doing it. US citizens too!


    To continually say it is not torture and not illegal is... well... ignorant.


    Torture is a buzz word people like you like to throw around in your anti-American tirades.


    I feel so bad for them poor terrorists.

    bit-tech.net | Guantanamo game announced


    This one not only was released, then rejoined jihad, but now is helping develop a game. seems he survived "torture"....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #427
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Really Sport so when I went thru SERE and was waterboard I was imaging it correct is that what you are telling me huh.
    I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what your sentences mean. So I'm not sure what you are saying here? What is it that you say I'm claiming you imagined while you went through SERE training?

    Second Waterboarding isn't illegal please show me where Congress has actually pass a Law and the President and the Supreme Court Signed off on it and then President signed off on it.[/QUOTE]
    Waterboarding is a form of torture as recognized by the world community including the USA. Torture is illegal and therefore waterboarding is illegal. In fact we prosecuted military personnel during the Vietnam conflict for... you guessed it, waterboarding. Not to mention the people we executed after WWII for WATERBOARDING.

  8. #428
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I'm having a very difficult time figuring out what your sentences mean. So I'm not sure what you are saying here? What is it that you say I'm claiming you imagined while you went through SERE training?

    Second Waterboarding isn't illegal please show me where Congress has actually pass a Law and the President and the Supreme Court Signed off on it and then President signed off on it.
    Waterboarding is a form of torture as recognized by the world community including the USA. Torture is illegal and therefore waterboarding is illegal. In fact we prosecuted military personnel during the Vietnam conflict for... you guessed it, waterboarding. Not to mention the people we executed after WWII for WATERBOARDING.[/QUOTE]

    Really? We executed people after world war 2 for waterboarding? I'm gonna call bull**** and ask for citations. Please present them now.

  9. #429
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    First off lets take Somalia we were complaining back then to the Brasshats that we need to Body Armor hell there was even an investigation into why we sent combat troops in with out any body armor.
    Really? Could you provide a link to that investigation?

    In Haiti we had some Body Armor not much but their was a few units like 101st who had body Armor. but once again a post invasion reported was critical of no Body Armor which was sent to Congress.
    Got a link to that report?

    Bosnia, I think your slightly off here almost all US Army units had some sort of 1st Generation Body Armor but the stuff was/is crap and there was a complaint sent back to Congress about it.
    What ground forces did we have in Bosnia? Got a link about this "reported"?

    As for your question on who told the American Public the US military family way back in 1997 when the first reports came out about the lack of proper equipment being used by US Ground Force. Congress was told about this problem in 1993 thru 2000 and didn't do squat wonder why.
    Because it was a republican congress? Just a guess... Got any links about these reports?

    Yes your correct that their were allot of deaths but many of those deaths could have should have been avoided if the troops actually had the correct Body Armor unstead of the 40 Year Old Flack Jackets and if Congress had done it's job.[/QUOTE]
    You mean the Republican Congress right?
    Let's just reserve further comment until you fail to provide the requested evidence for your nonsense.

  10. #430
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Torture is a buzz word people like you like to throw around in your anti-American tirades.


    I feel so bad for them poor terrorists.

    bit-tech.net | Guantanamo game announced


    This one not only was released, then rejoined jihad, but now is helping develop a game. seems he survived "torture"....
    Enhanced Interrogation Techniques is a buzz word people like you created to make it seem like something other than torture is going on. THAT is anti-American.

Page 43 of 48 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •