Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
Results 321 to 330 of 475

Thread: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanistan

  1. #321
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    They absolutely do have a mission to provide ministry to our service men and women who want it. They also have conduct restraints and any goal of converting foreigners in foreign lands while "on duty," would be a conduct violation.
    And no xian would ever dare do something their god says ythey should do when there are governmental "restrictions" against it.

  2. #322
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    How is it being forced (that word again) by the state? Because they are in the military this is somehow the state forcing the issue?

    I could understand if the troops were given legal orders to go out and convert people by what ever you consider "force" insulting, but this is not the case.

    As far as handing out Satanic bibles, so what? You say not interested and move on. No insult, no foul.
    I guess you don't understand the concept of perception. I know it's hard to understand but maybe some muslims don't think about religion in the same way you do. Handing a bible to a devout muslim just might be the same to them as saying, your religion is false, here's the true religion. They might take offense and they might perceive it as our nations policy to convert islam. They might not want their children exposed to what they believe is a false religion, because like fundy xian parents, they fear that their efforts to inculcate their children into the correct religion will be undermined.

  3. #323
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I didn't know Satan wrote a bible.
    I didn't know the xian god wrote one either...

  4. #324
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Handing a bible to a devout muslim just might be the same to them as saying, your religion is false, here's the true religion. They might take offense and they might perceive it as our nations policy to convert islam.
    Well yeah, that may be how they react. You know, with the added pleasure of death threats or something.
    People don't get that some Muslims don't like competition almost. They dislike Christianity stepping on their "turf" and fear people converting out.
    If they allow one person, what will stop more?

    I'm all for freedom of religion and the right to convert and believe what you want. Just not when you are in a war zone with already pissed off inhabitants.

    Just to be clear, not all Muslims would react like that but that is how i'd imagine some Afghans would.
    Last edited by Laila; 05-08-09 at 05:13 PM.


  5. #325
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    What does that have to do with what is happening NOW! Just curious.
    Oh right, I forgot, we're supposed to forget any history that doesn't promote your current argument.

    Beyond your disregard for history when that hisory is relevant, Catholic/Protestant fighting is STILL happening in Ireland.

  6. #326
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I guess you don't understand the concept of perception. I know it's hard to understand but maybe some muslims don't think about religion in the same way you do. Handing a bible to a devout muslim just might be the same to them as saying, your religion is false, here's the true religion. They might take offense and they might perceive it as our nations policy to convert islam. They might not want their children exposed to what they believe is a false religion, because like fundy xian parents, they fear that their efforts to inculcate their children into the correct religion will be undermined.
    I understand the concept just fine, thank you.

    This does not make there perception or anyone else's that think a book can insult you anything other than childish, period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  7. #327
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How many times have we done this now? 10? 20?

    Just because some Christians did something doesn't mean they did it purely because they were Christians. Bigotry is bigotry and it is a part of human nature, not the religion.

    You do realize there are political elements to that whole Ireland thing, don't you?

    Nevermind...you probably don't and you most likely wouldn't acknowledge it if you did. That would be a little too inconvenient to your hard on for slamming Christians.


    Attachment 67109235
    And it's quite obvious that you ignore the fact that it's the struggle for political and religious power between the 2 xian cults, with a little my version of xianity is the right one sprinkled in...

  8. #328
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Have you ever seen anyone bludgeoned into conversion?
    Nope, but history provides all the evidence of the attempts. Convert or die... I wasn't alive when the pagans were being "converted" by the sword.

  9. #329
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    It is a harmless book. That's like blaming guns for murdering people.
    I guess you don't understand the concept of coercion nor of accessory or conspiracy.
    If I stand behind a guy and egg him into committing a violent or otherwise illegal act, will I be guilty of any crime?

  10. #330
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: U.S. soldiers encouraged to spread message of their Christian faith in Afghanista

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    And it's quite obvious that you ignore the fact that it's the struggle for political and religious power between the 2 xian cults, with a little my version of xianity is the right one sprinkled in...
    You are truly ignorant with a little rabid blind hate sprinkled in.

Page 33 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •