Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 158

Thread: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

  1. #31
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Amazingly enough, none of these people were bothered enough to resign and protest at the time. No, they wait till years later when they can make $$ off of it.


    I'm sure you two will buy this stuff up and have bush-to-jail gasms over it.
    This is not however a refutation of what they are saying, just a, perhaps accurate, attack on their characters.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  2. #32
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    In 6 years you people cannot even raise enough money to hire attorneys to take this to court.
    How many Millions of dollars has MoveOn, DailyKos, etc spent on this crap?

    Bush knew this or that. All of it nefarious and bad of course.
    Prove it in a court of law. Anyone with sense knows they can't.

    Conspiracy Theories - Debate Politics Forums




    I also enjoy how the OP believes every Bush official that has anything to say that he wants to hear.

    Oh I found this for you all..enjoy-


    Kelly McParland: Would Al Gore have invaded Iraq? Definitely, concludes new study - Full Comment

    Oh and Polynikes-- Your theory is specifically discredited by the part(s) underlined.
    Yes because this one opinion trumps all others? The Gore Theory you call it? Seriously. And your "if it's true you should be able to prove it in a court of law" argument is also flawed. All that means is that nobody has risen to the task of actually trying Bush for this. Not that the information isn't strong enough. You speak like a dyed in the wool Bush apologist.

    You've done nothing to deconstruct anyone's argument here, you've simply posted a link to another opinion. So who is right? You're guy? Or the numerous folks, including Bush insiders who defected?

    A good portion of that piece is targeted at the "what if Al Gore got elected" theory. Don't try to pass that off as evidence that the Bush defectors are lying.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #33
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    It's another dumb ass trying to make a buck. He knows that if he writes some good **** about Bush, the DailyKooks/movealong.org leftists will eat it up.
    Yet you seem to avoid actually addressing what he has to say. Interesting. Yes, better for you to sling very poignant commentary like calling him a dumb ass without even reading his book or trying to corroborate it against other sources for you own benefit. Wouldn't want you to get into the deep end of the pool.

    It's awesome that we have another one of your kind around here, will make for great entertainment I'm sure.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #34
    Advisor Polynikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-04-13 @ 01:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    522

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    In 6 years you people cannot even raise enough money to hire attorneys to take this to court.
    How many Millions of dollars has MoveOn, DailyKos, etc spent on this crap?



    Oh and Polynikes-- Your theory is specifically discredited by the part(s) underlined.

    First off, I never presented a theory, so what you were attempting to discredit is beyond me.

    What I stated is that the neoconservative intellectuals that surrounded Bush and shaped much of his foreign policy were a primary factor in regards to the invasion of Iraq. I never mentioned a word about Gore, or that Iraq wouldn't of been invaded had Gore been in office.

    As I'm typing this out I am continually asking myself if you even read my post? I don't see how anything you said discredits anything I stated. If anything it affirms it.

    Lastly, it couldn't even be considered a theory, it is fact. Those who were in place during the Bush administration as SecDef, Deputy SecDef and various other postings were all neoconservatives and for years had called for a strategic U.S presence in the Middle East.
    "I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial by strength, and bid defiance to the laws of our country." -Jefferson

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Yes because this one opinion trumps all others? The Gore Theory you call it? Seriously. And your "if it's true you should be able to prove it in a court of law" argument is also flawed. All that means is that nobody has risen to the task of actually trying Bush for this. Not that the information isn't strong enough. You speak like a dyed in the wool Bush apologist.

    You've done nothing to deconstruct anyone's argument here, you've simply posted a link to another opinion. So who is right? You're guy? Or the numerous folks, including Bush insiders who defected

    Before I ever heard of Bush I was listening to Gore bash Bush for not taking Saddam Out when he had the chance.
    Saddams days where done no matter who was in office at the time.

    The summary of a study I linked/posted also deconstructs and uses historical facts to refute the standard talking points coming form the left on this stuff. Specifically the much used in this thread NEOCON PLOT routine.

    I like historical reality..if that makes me a Bush apologist its probably because the events of the times don't fit what you wish to have portrayed....shrug

    These conspiracy theories are simply tiresome.



    ///

    A good portion of that piece is targeted at the "what if Al Gore got elected" theory. Don't try to pass that off as evidence that the Bush defectors are lying.
    Its humorous how the evil Bush official we never heard of is instantly believed by the people who don't believe anything that comes out of the Bush administration.
    Pretty obvious why this guy is now the pin up atm in far left basements. He said he disagreed with Bush....zz

    Every administration has these people. They write books, hold interviews, get used by the side that likes what they say and thats that. Often its some unknown like this.

    I did not use the article to say the guy was lying I used the article to say alot of the comments in this thread are based on air.

    //


    What the OP is posted showed the guy had a different opinion on Iraq then the President of the US..great... so what?
    Some guy you never heard of who worked in the Bush years says he disagreed with Bush on Iraq..felt pushed out of the loop, etc, etc
    ...this warrants an article in newsweek?

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    First off, I never presented a theory, so what you were attempting to discredit is beyond me.

    What I stated is that the neoconservative intellectuals that surrounded Bush and shaped much of his foreign policy were a primary factor in regards to the invasion of Iraq. I never mentioned a word about Gore, or that Iraq wouldn't of been invaded had Gore been in office.

    As I'm typing this out I am continually asking myself if you even read my post? I don't see how anything you said discredits anything I stated. If anything it affirms it.

    Lastly, it couldn't even be considered a theory, it is fact. Those who were in place during the Bush administration as SecDef, Deputy SecDef and various other postings were all neoconservatives and for years had called for a strategic U.S presence in the Middle East.

    In 1996 and 1998 plans where formulated to invade Iraq with 400,000 troops. In 1998 Gore was Pushing Clinton to do more to take out Saddam.
    From 1991-2002 some of the most vocal voices on taking actions against Iraq where DEMOCRATS.


    You seemed to imply it was some grand plot by Neocons and not the universal opinion of a good number(if not most) US federal politicians until some of them decided to stab US soldiers in the back.

    If that was not what you meant then nm.

  7. #37
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Which part of this statement by the President justifying his military strike against Iraq is a lie?
    Earlier today, I ordered America's armed forces to strike military and security targets in Iraq. They are joined by British forces. Their mission is to attack Iraq's nuclear, chemical and biological weapons programs and its military capacity to threaten its neighbors.

    Their purpose is to protect the national interest of the United States, and indeed the interests of people throughout the Middle East and around the world.

    Saddam Hussein must not be allowed to threaten his neighbors or the world with nuclear arms, poison gas or biological weapons.

    I want to explain why I have decided, with the unanimous recommendation of my national security team, to use force in Iraq; why we have acted now; and what we aim to accomplish.

    The parts in red are the lies you asked for, and Bush knew going in that they were lies

  8. #38
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:34 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Did I say he had more credibility? No I didn't. I was commenting on other posters immediately discrediting him. I haven't read his book, however the statements he is making have been corroborated by other people including other former Bush officials in numerous books. What this guy is saying isn't really new.

    What Dick Morris said were things that, in some cases, unless the First Lady or secret service body guards were to corroborate, are almost certainly his story...take it or leave it. On those, it's possible.
    You didn't say it, but it appeared to me that you were implying it in your posts. If not, then my mistake.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  9. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Amazingly enough, none of these people were bothered enough to resign and protest at the time. No, they wait till years later when they can make $$ off of it.
    & they probably didn't shave this morning either! (none of which has the slightest relationship to the fact that what they are saying is true, so your point is that "People like Money"....I guess??)
    I totally agree....People DO indeed like money.
    Last edited by Devil505; 05-05-09 at 07:42 AM.

  10. #40
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: The Dilemma of Dissent - A former Bush aide looks back

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    Another Bush basher. BFD.
    And all I have seen from your posts DamnYankee is liberal bashing. *yawn*

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •