Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93

Thread: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

  1. #21
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    The OP seems to imply that the GOP agenda involved letting people with cancer die. The actual quote clears up a lot.
    I agree that based on the actual quote, the OP is inaccurate. However, this does not alter the obvious intent of Spector bringing Jack Kemp's name into this. As Blackdog said, it's partisan hackery. Cancer research has certainly progressed. We have much better treatments for things like prostate and cervical cancers, and I know of several women who had breast cancer and have lived 10+ years without a reaccurrance. His comment was for political gain.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  2. #22
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,728

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    It's not the quote. It's the implication of the quote.
    I disagree with you a little bit, but I have to post this response in 2 parts.

    1) What he said is much different than what is being portrayed by the GOP. This is an excellent example of why the Republican party comes off these days as a bunch of used car salesmen who constantly misrepresent what they are selling.

    2) However, there can be no doubt that Specter made that statement for political purposes, and that his own political compass is broken.

    So my answer now to the OP is that Specter is right, but he is also wrong. Huh???? LOL.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  3. #23
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I agree that based on the actual quote, the OP is inaccurate. However, this does not alter the obvious intent of Spector bringing Jack Kemp's name into this. As Blackdog said, it's partisan hackery. Cancer research has certainly progressed. We have much better treatments for things like prostate and cervical cancers, and I know of several women who had breast cancer and have lived 10+ years without a reaccurrance. His comment was for political gain.
    I concur. The OP, at least to me, made it sound like some sort of conspiracy about the secret GOP agenda and cancer. The quote sounds nothing like that. It does, as you have said, sound as though he was just taking a shot at the Republicans.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #24
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Wait a minute. Left, right, libertarian, ALL AGREE?!!! I sense a rip in the space-time continuum occurring momentarily. Anyone needing to be saved, my time displacement device is fitted with a Temporal Containment Envelope (TCE). Should keep us safe for several hundred years.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #25
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I find it so funny that so many Republicans who defended Joe Lieberman for going 'Independent' on Democrats for what was basically ONE issue(National Security) are now attacking Specter. When Lieberman did it he was standing up for what he believed in! When Specter does it. He's a rhino! a librul! I need a smoke.
    Liberman got ran out of the party.

    Specter left because his poll numbers suddenly went into the toilet.

    Apples, oranges.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    A lot of your kook leftists can't contain themselves from saying some pretty stupid things.
    Too bad he never said it.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I concur. The OP, at least to me, made it sound like some sort of conspiracy about the secret GOP agenda and cancer. The quote sounds nothing like that. It does, as you have said, sound as though he was just taking a shot at the Republicans.
    With all due respect folks, the BN rules state clearly I cannot alter the source title.

    Blame them, not me.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Hatuey View Post
    I find it so funny that so many Republicans who defended Joe Lieberman for going 'Independent' on Democrats for what was basically ONE issue(National Security) are now attacking Specter. When Lieberman did it he was standing up for what he believed in! When Specter does it. He's a rhino! a librul! I need a smoke.
    You're once again confused; they are attacking Specter because he really is a MORON not because he left the party.

    They are GLAD he left the party; it's the Democrats who seem to have the issues with this. We're glad he left and finally admitted he was a Librul.

    Try to keep up will you?


  9. #29
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    With all due respect folks, the BN rules state clearly I cannot alter the source title.

    Blame them, not me.
    Very true, it was out of your and CelticLord's hands.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  10. #30
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Specter hints Kemp died of GOP agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    With all due respect folks, the BN rules state clearly I cannot alter the source title.

    Blame them, not me.
    You started the thread?

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •