Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: Iran executes 22 year-old

  1. #61
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 01:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Anyone care to explain why this suprises anyone or why we are even debating something (refering to an un-natural death in the Middle East) that happens daily?

    Also, please do not crush me with insults or facts. This is a simple question that i ask you give a simple answer.

  2. #62
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    06-21-18 @ 04:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,778

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Your preconceived biases have no place in debate.
    Nor should your preconceived biases be used to ascertain the veracity of a claim.
    The vast majority of those charged with committing a crime admit to committing a crime.



    You really do not understand the point I made, do you? :shakes.head.&.sighs:


    The way women are treated in that country is reason enough to look further into the claims being made.



    And again.
    The claims of the lawyer are a reason to look and see whether or not she did indeed receive a fair trial.



    Another preconceived bias.


    Yet another preconceived bias.
    Your word has has the same validity as another person, whether they are a lawyer or convicted of murder. What matters is if the information that a person's word is based on, is accurate/true/factual.





    I provided examples where no sympathy was required.
    What don't you get about that?
    You ignoring reality is not proof of anything. The reality is lawyers in general will try to come up with anything they can to get their client off the hook,some could argue that is part of their ethics. You don't have to go to another country see that,watch the news to see where someone got off due to a technicality. You claim that people confess to crimes they didn't commit yet you ignore the fact criminals lie all the time to save their ass and that lawyers do the same thing to aid their client. The fact a lawyer and a criminal are claiming innocents is not proof of anything.

    The fact women are treated like property and executed for crimes other than murder such as pissing off religious people does not in any shape or form mean they convicted this woman for a crime she did not commit. If they really wanted this woman I am pretty sure a country that executes people for pissing off religious people can find something other than murder to execute her for.
    Last edited by jamesrage; 05-22-09 at 04:20 PM.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  3. #63
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    06-21-18 @ 04:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,778

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    Anyone care to explain why this suprises anyone or why we are even debating something (refering to an un-natural death in the Middle East) that happens daily?

    Also, please do not crush me with insults or facts. This is a simple question that i ask you give a simple answer.
    Do you think this journalist would have had her sentence suspended if people in other countries didn't say anything?
    U.S. journalist freed in Iran heads home - Iran- msnbc.com
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  4. #64
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 02:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You ignoring reality is not proof of anything.

    Sorry, not happening on my part.
    You apparently are choosing to use preconceived biases to base your opinion on, that is ignoring the reality of the situation.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The reality is lawyers in general will try to come up with anything they can to get their client off the hook,some could argue that is part of their ethics.
    You are incorrect. They just can't come up with anything.
    That is a preconceived bias that you hold.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    ...watch the news to see where someone got off due to a technicality.
    Technicalities do not happen very often.
    And what you are calling a technicality, is in fact, the law.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    ... and that lawyers do the same thing to aid their client.
    Another fine example of your preconceived bias.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    ... yet you ignore the fact criminals lie all the time to save their ass...
    I have ignored no such thing.
    I have pointed out to you that criminals tell the truth all the time also.
    Neither of these is a reason to prejudge whether or not they are telling the truth.
    It is the evidence that matters.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    You claim that people confess to crimes they didn't commit ...
    And they do.
    I used it as a way to expose the value of your preconceived bias, which is zero, and to point out that it is the evidence that matters.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The fact a lawyer and a criminal are claiming innocents is not proof of anything.
    I have never claimed it was "proof".
    Her claim is evidence, and a reason to look further into the case.
    The lawyers claim is an additional reason to look further into the case.

    But for some reason you do not understand this and simply dismiss their claims because you hold a preconceived bias that all criminals and lawyers are liars.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The fact women are treated like property and executed for crimes other than murder such as pissing off religious people does not in any shape or form mean they convicted this woman for a crime she did not commit.
    I never said they did convict this woman of a crime she didn't commit, did I?
    But the way women are viewed and treated is a very real reason to give this case scrutiny.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    If they really wanted this woman I am pretty sure a country that executes people for pissing off religious people can find something other than murder to execute her for.
    It appears they did just fine with this case, while only giving the accessory to the crime (a male) 10 years.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 05:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRock View Post
    Dan I think your comparison to Texas is a bit disingenuous. Iran executes women and girls for having sex outside marriage. Homosexuals simply for being homosexuals, Apostates for converting from Islam to Christianity, etc. It is not fair to compare Texas to the evil theocracy of Iran.
    Iran is run by religious zealot assholes. ... Texas is too! The only difference is the religion and the blind adherence to it.

    Also.... Texas is civilized ... at least compared to Iran.

    Iran's government has long needed to be destroyed.

    Texas' government has long needed to pull their head out of their ass.

  6. #66
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    That is a red herring you just posted. The girl had committed murder.


    conspiracy to commit murder, murder, to steal wealth from another at 17.



    malice aforethought, planned and executed murder. an arbritrary age of 17 does not really play a factor here. why did i have to look at the article to find out she wasn't 12 when she did this?


    don't do the crime, if you aint willing to pay for it.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  7. #67
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 01:40 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,101

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Iran just executed a 22 year old girl for a murder she committed when she was still a minor.

    Iran is way out there in their punishments, but just when you think it couldn't get any worse, Iran becomes like Texas.

    Article is here.
    Texas is a state of many paths, roads and highways, why not choose one and leave?
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  8. #68
    Sage

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    06-20-18 @ 01:40 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,101

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Iran is run by religious zealot assholes. ... Texas is too! The only difference is the religion and the blind adherence to it.

    Also.... Texas is civilized ... at least compared to Iran.

    Iran's government has long needed to be destroyed.

    Texas' government has long needed to pull their head out of their ass.
    Colorado, famous for......................ah, nothing I reckon.
    It's nothing more than X's and O's.

  9. #69
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 02:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Iran is run by religious zealot assholes. ... Texas is too! The only difference is the religion and the blind adherence to it.

    Also.... Texas is civilized ... at least compared to Iran.

    Iran's government has long needed to be destroyed.

    Texas' government has long needed to pull their head out of their ass.
    Care to support your argument, or are you content with just spewing nonsense?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •