Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 69

Thread: Iran executes 22 year-old

  1. #41
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    She has been convicted of murder in a court of law. Therefore she is a convicted murderer. The death penalty ... is an appropriate punishment for murder.
    I haven't disagreed with that, have I?


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    What speculation?
    You said the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    This is one of those moments the death penalty in Iran is being used for the right reason.
    This is nothing but speculation.
    You do not know if they got it right or wrong this 'moment'.




    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    That conclusion is based on speculation.
    So if you are going to draw conclusions based on speculation then there is no reason why we shouldn't speculate further, with reason based on what we know of the country, it's culture, and how women are treated.
    Again she was convicted in a court of law of murder.So there is no speculation. She wasn't convicted of adultery,pissing off religious people or a rape victim.
    I've already shown that it was speculation that they got it right this momment. So you are mistaken.
    Those other crimes only have a little bearing, in comparison to this case, to that of which I am speaking.
    That is the way that women are treated and considered, not only by the government and the culture but by the legal system which has been brought about by their culture.
    Women are treated as second class citizens. Women are only valued as half that of a male. Their word in court is automatically treated as having half the value of a man's word.
    By their own standard, they used half valued words to convict her.




    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    No it isn't.Criminals claim **** all the time no matter what country they are in.
    Uh, hello; I have already addressed this.
    It doesn't matter, because people also say they have committed crimes they haven't committed.
    Regardless, her claim is still evidence that should have been considered (but wasn't), and treated equally as the confession.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    And how many lawyers over here in the US use that line to try to get their client off the hook. Lawyers are not synonymous with honesty.
    Gee? I really don't know if I know.
    Why don't you start another topic and tell me about it with factual information.
    Once you start digging up the information I am sure you will find that amongst all convictions, it, as well as the claims of innocence by the convicted, is very much smaller than the media driven hype you seem to have bought into.
    If you start digging further into actual cases, you will find that it is the prosecution that gets away with wrong doing more than defense attorneys ever do.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The absence of evidence is not the evidence of something.
    Are you not following the conversation?
    I am saying we don't have the evidence that the court had. So we don't know.
    All we do know is what has been posted on the net, which is an incomplete record.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Her claims she didn't do it is nothing more more BS to say her hide.
    There you go speculating again.
    You do not know it is "bs". You believe it is "bs".
    Your statement is nothing but speculation based on your own preconceived biases.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Yes we know they execute woman for adultery and other non-executible worthy crimes. Murder is a different story.
    Again. Not in how they value a woman and her word.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Yes it does. Maybe you are correct, it takes misplaced sympathy and lack of common sense and a total disregard for the victims to not want to have scum on death row executed.
    No it doesn't.
    And I have already given you examples where none is required.
    But you just go ahead and hold steadfastly to your misbegotten biased belief.


    :::::::::::::::::::::::::


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Scumbag... scumbag... scumbag...
    Wow, you really impressed me.
    I guess you missed the compliment I gave.
    Regardless; You know its use is nothing but vitriol, and amoral.

    I happen to know for fact that humans are not bags of scum. They are made up of flesh and bone.
    Although I am sure that there are those out there that would use the word 'scumbag' to describe people who use such vitriol, I am not not of them.
    That would be as juvenile, uneducated, and a sign of a hateful, irrational and convoluted mind, as using it in the first place.
    If I were to use it, I could imagine my creator judging me just as harsh, if not more harshly than those who have committed crimes, just for calling his/her creations such, instead of just calling their actions for what they were.

  2. #42
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Ferris View Post
    Yep damn us misunderstanders of Islam. "Slay the infidel wherever you find them" really means "shower the infidel with roses and candy". Fact is Mohammed was a genocidal mad man who perpetrated mass genocide and ethnic cleansing against the banu tribes of the Arabian peninsula after they had surrendered. But ya don't let historical facts like these stand in the way of your apolegetics of a virulent and dangerous ideology.
    Any passages that I've come across have only condoned killing "infidels" in self-defense. Again, continue to perpetuate xenophobic ignorance. It's all the rage right now.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #43
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Or it makes murder less acceptable by making it a life-ending proposition?

    Hell, locking people up for an entire lifetime is pretty rough too, so does doing that perpetuate the notion that it's acceptable? Because maybe some people don't think it is.
    "You killed so now we're going to do the same thing you did, but it's okay because you did it first."

    That is why the Death Penalty is laughable.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #44
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    "You killed so now we're going to do the same thing you did, but it's okay because you did it first."

    That is why the Death Penalty is laughable.
    It's not the same thing. Killing an innocent person, and killing a murderous person, are two very different things. And no, killing a murderous person doesn't make you murderous yourself.

  5. #45
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    It's not the same thing. Killing an innocent person, and killing a murderous person, are two very different things. And no, killing a murderous person doesn't make you murderous yourself.
    I don't think they are strikingly different, given the circumstance it could be the same. And killing a murerous person doesn't necessarily make you murderous (though it could, depending...if you're Charles Bronson Death Wish style, I may contend that you are rather murderous) but it does make you a killer.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #46
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    It's not the same thing. Killing an innocent person, and killing a murderous person, are two very different things. And no, killing a murderous person doesn't make you murderous yourself.
    It makes you a killer and a hypocrite. It perpetuates the extinguishing of life and desensitizes the masses to human induced death.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  7. #47
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    This is nothing but speculation.
    You do not know if they got it right or wrong this '
    I am sure that if they wanted to kill this woman they could find something less than murder.

    I've already shown that it was speculation that they got it right this momment. So you are mistaken.
    Those other crimes only have a little bearing, in comparison to this case, to that of which I am speaking.
    That is the way that women are treated and considered, not only by the government and the culture but by the legal system which has been brought about by their culture.
    Women are treated as second class citizens. Women are only valued as half that of a male. Their word in court is automatically treated as having half the value of a man's word.
    By their own standard, they used half valued words to convict her.



    Uh, hello; I have already addressed this.
    It doesn't matter, because people also say they have committed crimes they haven't committed.
    Regardless, her claim is still evidence that should have been considered (but wasn't), and treated equally as the confession.







    Again people claim **** all the time to weasel out of their punishment.

    Gee? I really don't know if I know.
    Why don't you start another topic and tell me about it with factual information.

    The claims of lawyers are not evidence.




    Are you not following the conversation?
    I am saying we don't have the evidence that the court had. So we don't know.
    All we do know is what has been posted on the net, which is an incomplete record.



    There you go speculating again.
    You do not know it is "bs". You believe it is "bs".
    Your statement is nothing but speculation based on your own preconceived biases.


    Are you trying to claim criminals do not lie and that lawyers do not claim some sort of bull **** to help their client weasel out of punishment. You are a very deluded person.



    No it doesn't.
    And I have already given you examples where none is required.
    But you just go ahead and hold steadfastly to your misbegotten biased belief.
    Only scumbag sympathizers who show as much regard for the victim as the murder try to help scumbags weasel out their punishment.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  8. #48
    Sage
    jamesrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    A place where common sense exists
    Last Seen
    12-10-17 @ 09:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    31,067

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    I beg to differ. Killing just perpetuates the notion that ending life is acceptable and desensitizes the masses to murder. Hardly progress by today's standards.
    That is nothing but scumbag sympathizing drivel. Oh the poor wittle serial kiwwers and murderwer shouldn't be executed its not right that we take their lives, we should force millions of tax payers to support these poor people for the rest of their lives and perhaps if they been good enough we can release these people back into society. What a load of ****en garbage. You people have as much regard for the victims of these scum as the scum or maybe even less.
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murder is less to fear"

    Cicero Marcus Tullius

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    That is nothing but scumbag sympathizing drivel. Oh the poor wittle serial kiwwers and murderwer shouldn't be executed its not right that we take their lives, we should force millions of tax payers to support these poor people for the rest of their lives and perhaps if they been good enough we can release these people back into society. What a load of ****en garbage. You people have as much regard for the victims of these scum as the scum or maybe even less.
    Death penalty cases in the US are much more expensive than life imprisonment cases.

    And most murderers get life without eligibility for parole if they are not tried for capital murder and punishment. That means these people won't be released back into society and it's cheaper to keep them imprisoned till they rot than it is to go through with a lengthy execution appeal.

  10. #50
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Iran executes 22 year-old

    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    I am sure that if they wanted to kill this woman they could find something less than murder.
    Interesting.
    More speculation (irrelevant at that) in response to me pointing out you were speculating.
    Doh!




    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Again people claim **** all the time to weasel out of their punishment.
    And what didn't you get about people claiming that they have committed crimes that they haven't?

    Neither claim has any bearing on whether or not this girl's claim is true.
    Nor is your claim above, a reason to simply dismiss hers.

    It's like you are saying the following.
    When an accused claims they committed a crime you automatically believe it, yet if an accused claims they didn't do it, they are just trying to get out of punishment.
    That way of thinking is convoluted.
    It's like saying;
    'I am going to believe an accused only if they say they did it.'
    It shows clear bias and prejudice.

    I am saying it all depends on the evidence.
    Which is something the record available to us in this case is lacking.
    Both which are things that you seem unable to comprehend.



    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    The claims of lawyers are not evidence.
    The claims of the lawyer is a reason to look and see whether or not she indeed did receive a fair trial.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Are you trying to claim criminals do not lie and that lawyers do not claim some sort of bull **** to help their client weasel out of punishment. You are a very deluded person.
    The delusion lays with yourself.
    I have never made the claim that criminals do not lie, nor would I.
    Nor would I make a claim that police, prosecutors and the general public, do not lie.

    As for lawyers claiming,
    "some sort of bull **** to help their client weasel out of punishment".

    Your view is extremely jaded.
    Legal arguments are not bs if founded in the law.

    What I am saying is that you have no evidence to say that they got it right in this instance, or that her claim was bs.
    Your words in regards to this were nothing but speculation.
    What I am saying is what I already said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    You do not know it is "bs". You believe it is "bs".
    Your statement is nothing but speculation based on your own preconceived biases.


    Quote Originally Posted by jamesrage View Post
    Only scumbag sympathizers who show as much regard for the victim as the murder try to help scumbags weasel out their punishment.
    You have already been shown that you are wrong with examples given.

    So, like I already said;
    "But you just go ahead and hold steadfastly to your misbegotten biased belief. "
    It is funny, as well as sad.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •