Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 372

Thread: Religious tend to support torture more often

  1. #271
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    The presumption that Communists are NOT atheists requires a stunning level ignorance. What part of the Communist manifesto regarding religion do you NOT comprehend?
    I'm not sure if it's your ignorance or your intellectual dishonesty that knows no bounds...

    The fact is Atheism itself isn't a principle, cause, philosophy, or belief system which people fight, die, or kill for. Being killed by an atheist is no more being killed in the name of atheism than being killed by a tall person is being killed in the name of tallness.

    People were killed in communist nations for a lot of different reasons. Some were communists who disagreed with those in power and were killed because of that. Some were anti-communists and opposed the government and were killed for that. Some were simply in the way or inconvenient and were killed for that. These are political disagreements that people were being killed over, not murder in the name of atheism. Communists typically regarded religious organizations as a hinderance towards the creation of a worker's paradise. Even if some people were killed simply because they followed a religion, that doesn't mean they were killed in the name of atheism.

    To further illustrate this point, take the Inquisition, how many people were killed during the Inquisition in the name of theism? None. Those doing the killing acted not because of theism, but rather because of xian doctrines.

    Communism is not, inherently atheistic. It is possible to hold communist or socialist economic views while being a theist and it isn't at all uncommon to be an atheist while staunchly defending capitalism. Their existence alone demonstrates, without question, that atheism and communism are not the same thing.

    Perhaps it's Christianity which is inherently communistic? After all, there is nothing in the gospels which even so much as suggests a divine preference for capitalism. On the contrary, quite a bit of what Jesus said directly supports many of the emotional foundations of socialism and even communism. He specifically said that people should give all they could to the poor and that "it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

    Do you think that these mass killings could have occurred in a Democracy? Do you honestly want to argue that the Nazi’s were the result of democratic processes?
    Sure, I'll argue that with you, you start.

    What mass killings are you referring to? Could you provide examples of the mass killings, as in, -on X date, in X country/city etc. X number of people were killed by communist forces.

    Chapter 11: Communism and Religion
    § 89. Why religion and communism are incompatible
    Nikolai Bukharin and Evgenii Preobrazhensky: The ABC of Communism - Chapter XI : Communism and Religion
    Nonsense, as I've already shown above.
    Last edited by Slippery Slope; 05-08-09 at 04:20 PM.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    You learned nothing in all that time because Catholic charities, by and large, do not involve proselytizing at all.

    But you can keep lying about your experiences if you want to do so. It wouldn't be much of a deviation from anything else you spew.
    "Catholic charities, by and large, do not involve proselytizing at all."
    Meaning that sometimes they do. you can try to paint xianity with your fantasy but history is rather available in this area.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    They did it as part of Atheistic social engineering and an attack on the traditional belief structures of their nations.
    No, it was political social engineering. Religion was attacked to usurp the power the church held and to exploit the inherent nature of the religious.

  4. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
    Extreme patriotism? You're goddamn right!
    Most intelligent people can agree that extremes are dangerous.

    Yes they are. Just like your family is more important to you then mine.
    So is it a ****ing crime to love MY country now? .......

    **** off slick.
    Awww, are you gonna kick the dog now too? Hey, Mr. tantrum, please quote where I said it's a crime to love your country.

    Being preferential to ones own family is a moon shot away from - the lives of people who weren't born in my country are of less value -.

    There's a good reason why Marine infantry are called Jarheads. Now get back in the intellectual kiddy pool before you go under again.

  5. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Just curious, I wonder what would happen if I started a thread "Athiests/non-believers commit crimes more often".....



    Just sayin
    Go ahead, and then prove it.

  6. #276
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Um...having some experience with the prison system, I would say that most convicts GET religion sometime between arrest and trial...and that 90% of the them lose it again about four days after getting released.

    G.
    That doesn't make them atheists, that makes them... typically religious. IOWs they use religion for comfort and convenience.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    They were done in the name of Atheistic, social engineering and attempts to completely uproot past social structures and belief systems.
    I know you posted this before my previous response to this line of reasoning but I'm sure you'll see the problem with your argument here once you realize the difference between political goals and atheistic goals... Atheistic goals being NONEXISTENT.

  8. #278
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Exclusive: Chinese police kill eight after opening fire on monks and Tibet protesters - Times Online

    Not exactly in the name of atheism, but certainly for religious beliefs.
    Not exactly? How about not at all. And certainly not because they are religious but because they oppose the Chinese governments actions. 0 for 2.
    Last edited by Slippery Slope; 05-08-09 at 04:40 PM.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    "Catholic charities, by and large, do not involve proselytizing at all."
    Meaning that sometimes they do. you can try to paint xianity with your fantasy but history is rather available in this area.
    You have no clue what you are talking about. But keep flapping your gums. It makes up in entertainment what it lacks in informational value.

  10. #280
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Religious tend to support torture more often

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    "Innocent lives" equates to the people who were working in the World Trade Center who were murdered by desperate terrorists whom people like you appear to defend, for no other reason than they were Americans.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    But you don't give 2 ****es about the 10s of thousands of innocent lives wasted in Iraq... funny how that works out.
    So now you wish to divine what it is I care about based on the above comment?

    But again, your willful denial of the fact that those tens of thousands died not because of the actions of our troops, but because of the actions of a tiny faction of murderers and terrorists who do not want to see Democracy succeed in Iraq.

    How disingenuous that you continue to suggest that our troops are to blame.


    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    I find your desperate rhetoric specious in that you presume to suggest that these murderous thugs even had a reason to do what they do. You keep referring to OUR actions as if these thugs even need a reason to conduct their murder and terror, other than we are Americans and not Muslim.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I find your desperate rhetoric specious in that you presume to suggest that these murderous thugs just woke up one morning and decided, for no reason to get together and kill some Americans by hijacking a few planes... give me a break, the intellectual dishonesty is strong in this one.
    The only reason you would find my arguments specious or constitute rhetoric would be due to your rabid historical ignorance of the region and your desperate attempts to swallow the terrorist propaganda that would never even occur to a rational human being to make any sense at all.

    But your hate Bush hate America blather you constantly spew on this forum hardly suggests that of a rational human being.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Hmm... I'd never heard that they want to kill us because we are Americans... I thought it was because they hate our freedom?
    The only reason you “thought” that, an obvious oxymoron in your case, is because you swallow the swill dished out by Osama Bin Laden and their illogical ignorant assertions about the evils of America and the Jews and how they have caused the poverty so common in the ME.

    As I stated, rational beings tend to look to FACTS and the TRUTH rather than swallow such ignorant swill dished out by uneducated murderous thugs who want to force the entire world back into the dark ages of their fundamentalist beliefs; no one can accuse you of that for sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    There are plenty of xians who hate muslims simply because they are muslim. Why don't they go fly a plane into a mosque? Lack of religious conviction? I mean, you gotta hand it to the jihadists, that do have religious conviction... As far as I can tell, that and liberalization of xianty... You can thank the liberal mind for for that change in aggressive attitude in xianity.
    So now in lieu of rational coherent arguments, you resort to the absurd. Bravo for you; your irrational defense of the indefensible has been noted. Again, it hardly excuses your anti-American diatribes.


    Quote: Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    You’re profound only in your own mind, but your arguments suggest someone who has little information, is historically ignorant and most likely to operate on an emotional level rather than intellectual.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    You’re profound only in your own mind, but your arguments suggest someone who has little information, is historically ignorant and most likely to operate on an emotional level rather than intellectual.
    What irony coming from someone who spews irrational hatred and terrorist like propaganda and who seldom exhibits the ability to be cognizant of any FACTS even if they swat them in the head.

    Tell me something, what historical perspective do you think you are bringing to the debate? The only history I am seeing is the inane terrorist propaganda we see from the likes of Osama.

    Trust me when I tell you this; Osama lies.

    Carry on; I look forward to more of your uninformed desperate defenses using propaganda that can only be made by irrational, uniformed and poorly educated slobs who could care less about your asinine assertions about how we brought on the attacks of 9-11.

    DP Disclaimer; this has been a non-partisan response to the poster in question and in no way have I claimed or intended to claim that the person being responded to is a Democrat, voted Democrat or intends to register Democrat. Nor have I tried to suggest they were a Democrat or a Liberal in any way shape or fashion. I am aware that the DP hyper partisan deciders do not like partisanship on a political forum and therefore keep my comments a-political.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 05-08-09 at 05:52 PM.

Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •