Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

  1. #1
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Link

    The New Focus on Two Retired Military Psychologists Called the 'Architects' of the CIA's Techniques
    By BRIAN ROSS, MATTHEW COLE, and JOSEPH RHEE
    April 30, 2009

    As the secrets about the CIA's interrogation techniques continue to come out, there's new information about the frequency and severity of their use, contradicting an 2007 ABC News report, and a new focus on two private contractors who were apparently directing the brutal sessions that President Obama calls torture.

    According to current and former government officials, the CIA's secret waterboarding program was designed and assured to be safe by two well-paid psychologists now working out of an unmarked office building in Spokane, Washington.

    Bruce Jessen and Jim Mitchell, former military officers, together founded Mitchell Jessen and Associates.

    Both men declined to speak to ABC News citing non-disclosure agreements with the CIA. But sources say Jessen and Mitchell together designed and implemented the CIA's interrogation program.

    Click here to see Jessen refusing to talk to ABC News.

    "It's clear that these psychologists had an important role in developing what became the CIA's torture program," said Jameel Jaffer, an attorney with the American Civil Liberties Union.

    Click here to see Mitchell refusing to talk to ABC News.
    Former U.S. officials say the two men were essentially the architects of the CIA's 10-step interrogation plan that culminated in waterboarding.


    Associates say the two made good money doing it, boasting of being paid a $1,000 a day by the CIA to oversee the use of the techniques on top al Qaeda suspects at CIA secret sites.

    "The whole intense interrogation concept that we hear about, is essentially their concepts," according to Col. Steven Kleinman, an Air Force interrogator.
    Remember Valerie Plame? Now the libs are doing it, so they can just STFU about "outing" from now on.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #2
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Remember Valerie Plame? Now the libs are doing it, so they can just STFU about "outing" from now on.
    Apples and oranges. The shrinks were part of developing dubya's illegal torture policies. Valerie Wilson was a covert CIA spy who was not political at all. (To head you off... she didn't suggest her husband go to Niger and she didn't have the authority to send him).

    Cheney and Rove should have been tried for treason for outing her. But, Skooter Libby obstructed justice making that impossible. To defend them is to support Nixon's screwy logic: "If a president does it it is not illegal". Anyone defending that should, to use your acronym, stfu and kma.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  3. #3
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Without discussing the factuality of the two situations or whether or not it's an appropriate or meaningful comparison...


    The logic offered in the OP is irrefutable:
    If two sides (or people) both do something wrong then it's not wrong anymore.
    I may be wrong.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Apples and oranges. The shrinks were part of developing dubya's illegal torture policies. Valerie Wilson was a covert CIA spy who was not political at all. (To head you off... she didn't suggest her husband go to Niger and she didn't have the authority to send him).
    Once more we are exposed to the fantastical imagination of a rabid hyper partisan Liberal's imaginary reality.

    Plame and Wilson took what wasn't a political issue and politicized it in the extreme.

    But alas, no one could ever accuse you of dealing with REALITY or the FACTS. Even after a multi-million dollar independent investigation the ONLY crime fabricated was the "perception" that Libby, the man who was not the source, was charged with lying under oath.

    Even a grade schooler could figure this one out; but not if you are a Leftist Liberal.

    Watching you continue to spew this rabid nonsense is truly entertaining though; particularly after your pals the Democrats took over and.....that's right folks, did NOTHING.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Cheney and Rove should have been tried for treason for outing her. But, Skooter Libby obstructed justice making that impossible. To defend them is to support Nixon's screwy logic: "If a president does it it is not illegal". Anyone defending that should, to use your acronym, stfu and kma.
    This is evidence of another of your trite, "because you say so's." Do you ever grow weary of hyperbole, distortions and outright fabrications? Never mind, silly of me to even ask the such a question when it is obvious it is all rabid hyper partisan Liberals like you have to grasp onto.

    Carry on.

  5. #5
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Without discussing the factuality of the two situations or whether or not it's an appropriate or meaningful comparison...


    The logic offered in the OP is irrefutable:
    If two sides (or people) both do something wrong then it's not wrong anymore.
    Or it was wrong in both cases.

  6. #6
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Plame and Wilson took what wasn't a political issue and politicized it in the extreme.
    It is amazing how everything you attempt to explain consistently comes out upside down and ars backwards.

    The Wilsons were not even aware of the conspiracy against them until they read it in the paper. They were never political.

    But alas, no one could ever accuse you of dealing with REALITY or the FACTS. Even after a multi-million dollar independent investigation the ONLY crime fabricated was the "perception" that Libby, the man who was not the source, was charged with lying under oath.
    Fitzgerald said that he was not able to got after anyone else because of Scooter Libby's "obstruction of justice" lies. I realize that neo-cons believe that "any" method they use are ok when they use them. The truth is that lying under oath in an attempt to "obstruct" a legal investigation is a very serious crime!

    Why do you think Bush didn't pardon Libby? To finally stand up to Cheney? No. He was probably advised (because he doesn't have the brains to figure it out himself!) that if Libby had a pardon he would lose the option of "taking the 5th" in answering further questions as to Bush's involvement in the Wilson conspiracy.

    This is really the difference between the Repubs who ran the country during the Bush disaster and the Dems. Those extreme neo-cons believe all the power of this country, and the office of the President, was theirs to use and abuse however they wished. They totally accepted Nixon's assertion that "If the President does it it is not illegal". That spineless bimbo Rice even used the other day to excuse her part in those crimes.

    Watching you continue to spew this rabid nonsense is truly entertaining though; particularly after your pals the Democrats took over and.....that's right folks, did NOTHING.
    They're doing something about it now, pal. Get your popcorn, sit back and watch and be entertained as your corrupt heroes go down in flames.

    This is evidence of another of your trite, "because you say so's." Do you ever grow weary of ...
    I do not grow weary of the search for the truth and the application of justice. I would be just as obsessed if Clinton did these things or if Obama does.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  7. #7
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Apples and oranges. The shrinks were part of developing dubya's illegal torture policies. Valerie Wilson was a covert CIA spy who was not political at all.
    Translation:

    It's only bad if done by the Bush Administration. It's saintly and patriotic if its done to tear down the Bush Administration.

    Thus making liberal ethics on a par with liberal logic: a contradiction in terms.

  8. #8
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Or it was wrong in both cases.
    If it's wrong in both cases, then "stfu" doesn't seem like the right choice. imvho
    I may be wrong.

  9. #9
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    The logic offered in the OP is irrefutable:
    If two sides (or people) both do something wrong then it's not wrong anymore.
    "It boggles the mind!" doesn't do this justice.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  10. #10
    The Image b4 Transition
    Lightdemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    beneath the surface
    Last Seen
    05-31-12 @ 02:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,829

    Re: The CIA's $1,000 a Day Specialists on Waterboarding, Interrogations

    Who's being "outed" here? Jessen? Mitchell??

    I've known for at least 2 years that both of these guys were the ones who came up with the whole reverse engineering of torture idea. They implemented that in SERE school.

    I even created a thread about it, like a year ago.

    This is old news.
    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Let the public school provide the basics, you as the parent can do the fine tuning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •