Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 166

Thread: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

  1. #71
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    And once again TD resorts to "You're wrong because I say so."

    Never mind the actual data and actual facts that clearly show that the indecency complaints received by the FCC are originated by .003% of the public. Furthermore, never mind the actual fact regarding that the FCC received no complaints about the use of the F word during the numerous broadcasts of Saving Private Ryan.
    Never mind how the actual data suggests that you are dead wrong. Let's just assume whatever we want, whatever 'facts' we want and ignore all actual empirical data because it blows star sized holes in our arguments.
    If you believe that this is about a few complaints to the FCC, then I cannot help you with REALITY or FACTS.

    Go back to my very first comments and address those if you feel compelled to blather the forum with more of your childish outbursts.

    I am betting you can't even remember what it is you claim I am dead wrong about.

    The notion that I could be dead wrong about why there is an FCC and why we have decency requirements for the public airwaves would require the willful suspension of disbelief or your obvious confusion about what the debate is even about.

    Carry on; your child like rants are hardly a substitute for credible debate.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Are you saying conservatives weren't in an uproar over the tit shot? Sorry, but you lack the intellectual integrity obviously to admit that.

    Secondly, you fail to address the FACT AND TRUTH, you are for GOVERNMENT censorship as long as it is something YOU agree with but not for censorship if you don't agree it should be censored by the government.

    Turth Detector with egg on his face, how sad.

    How un -American, but as we have seen from you not a suprise.
    This coming from the person who wants to censure Rush Limbaugh and Fox News; the irony here is quite comical.

    Your attempt to suggest this is a “Conservative” issue requires something beyond willful denial, perhaps willful ignorance?

    Do you think the people making these decisions are Republicans? Do you think the person in charge of the FCC is NOT an Obama appointee? Do you have any grasp on reality or do you feel most comfortable when you fabricate perceived evils of Conservatives?

    Dismissed; your trolling and baiting is hardly worth the effort other than the slight amusement one gets watching you foam at the mouth.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This coming from the person who wants to censure Rush Limbaugh and Fox News; the irony here is quite comical.
    You'll have to show me where I EVER wanted Limbaugh's comments censored. Oh yeah you can't, because I never asked for that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Do you think the people making these decisions are Republicans? Do you think the person in charge of the FCC is NOT an Obama appointee? Do you have any grasp on reality or do you feel most comfortable when you fabricate perceived evils of Conservatives?
    The majority of people that got uupset over the tit shot WERE conservatives. CONSERVATIVES have lead the battle over MORALITY talk on T.V.

    THIS IS TRUTH, which is why your name is sooooooooo amusing given you can't accept the truth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Dismissed; your trolling and baiting is hardly worth the effort other than the slight amusement one gets watching you foam at the mouth.
    And your lying about me wanted limbaugh censored is noted.

    Have a good day posting your hypocrisy.

  4. #74
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Damn, what a big surprise, TD not coming back to confront the fact he accused me of wanting Fox News and Limbaugh censored, yet not providing proof.

    One would say that is a "lie spreader".

    Care to back up your proof TD? You are the one said I wanted Limbaugh and Fox News Censored? Or are you going to run away like the last time I confronted you with the truth?

  5. #75
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post

    The majority of people that got uupset over the tit shot WERE conservatives.
    Prove it.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    CONSERVATIVES have lead the battle over MORALITY talk on T.V.
    Two years after beginning a campaign against sexually explicit and violent lyrics on record albums, Tipper Gore has moderated her tone but expanded her scope to include music videos, television programming and video cassettes.

    Tipper Gore Widens War on Rock - The New York Times

    You sure run your mouth alot, but never back up your codswallup with any tangible proof.

    Put up, or shut up.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  6. #76
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    If you believe that this is about a few complaints to the FCC, then I cannot help you with REALITY or FACTS.
    Oh wow. You completely missed the reason why I cited it.

    You claimed that a majority of people agree with your position. Based on the complaint rate and where those complaints are coming from on the things you feel are indecent, you are completely wrong.

    Do you think that insulting people will get you anywhere other then closer to a banning? Furthermore, do you think that deliberately avoiding discussing what they wrote makes you look like you add any value here?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Prove it.
    Ok show me how many liberal groups were up in arms over the tit shot compared to conservative groups.

    Two years after beginning a campaign against sexually explicit and violent lyrics on record albums, Tipper Gore has moderated her tone but expanded her scope to include music videos, television programming and video cassettes.

    Tipper Gore Widens War on Rock - The New York Times

    You sure run your mouth alot, but never back up your codswallup with any tangible proof.

    Put up, or shut up.
    Tipper gore? That is your proof tipper gore? Tell me who is up in arms over ****, ****, goddamn, pussy, dick, clitoris, etc.

    It is ALWAYS conservatives as a majority that is against these.

    Sorry, but your **** holds no weight.

    Are you serisoulsy telling me that as a MAJORITY a liberal is going to have a hissy fit over P....U...S...S...Y being broadcast over the air as much as a conservative does?

    Gimme a break.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-30-09 at 12:12 AM.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Still waiting for TD (Truth Detector) to weigh in when I ever supported a censorship of Fox News or Limbaugh like he accused me of.

    I'm guessing the liar known as TD won't ever show his face in this thread again since he can't man up and admit he is wrong.

  9. #79
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,452

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post
    Seriously...what purpose does the FCC serve? Anyone?

    If there were no laws at all governing what could appear on television, what's the worst that could happen? I doubt Nickelodeon would start showing hardcore pornography just because it was legal.
    [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FCC"]FCC Mission and strategy[/ame]
    As specified in section one of the Communications Act as amended by the Telecommunications Act of 1996 (amendment to 47 U.S.C. §151) it is the FCC's mission to "make available so far as possible, to all the people of the United States, without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex, rapid, efficient, Nation-wide, and world-wide wire and radio communication services with adequate facilities at reasonable charges." The Act furthermore provides that the FCC was created "for the purpose of the national defense" and "for the purpose of promoting safety of life and property through the use of wire and radio communications."[4]

    Consistent with the objectives of the Act as well as the 1993 Government Performance and Results Act (GPRA), the FCC has identified six long-term strategic goals in its 2006-2011 Strategic Plan. These are:

    Broadband: "All Americans should have affordable access to robust and reliable broadband products and services. Regulatory policies must promote technological neutrality, competition, investment, and innovation to ensure that broadband service providers have sufficient incentives to develop and offer such products and services."
    Competition:"Competition in the provision of communication services, both domestically and overseas, supports the Nation's economy. The competitive framework for communications services should foster innovation and offer consumers reliable, meaningful choice in affordable services."
    Spectrum:"Efficient and effective use of non-federal spectrum domestically and internationally promotes the growth and rapid development of innovative and efficient communication technologies and services."
    Media:"The Nation's media regulations must promote competition and diversity and facilitate the transition to digital modes of delivery"
    Public Safety and Homeland Security:"Communications during emergencies and crisis must be available for public safety, health, defence, and emergency personnel, as well as all consumers in need. The Nation's critical communications infrastructure must be reliable, interoperable, redundant, and rapidly restorable."
    Modernize the FCC:"The Commission shall strive to be highly productive, adaptive, and innovative organization that maximises the benefits to stakeholders, staff, and management from effective systems, processes, resources, and organizational culture."[5]


    Seems like mostly a crock of shiite so far.
    Thank you

  10. #80
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Now America obviously has constitutional issues but I for one am always a bit put off by talk of the unrestrained corporate media. We are after all not talking about individual rights but those of corporations given personhood and privilege by the state and exerting a massive, and I mean massive(Anthony Sampson in his Who Rules this place puts the mainstream media as number one influence.) influence over our societies. I could care less about about swearing and porn but the issue of the influence of a relatively small amount of centralised corporate and state media outlets in many Western societies is quite disturbing to me.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •