Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 166

Thread: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

  1. #91
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I see no reason to view frequencies as being any different than land. Both are constrained and defined by the same basic principles: neither can be utilized simultaneously by different people with divergent interests, and both are finite resources.

    If I purchase a specific frequency - just as I would purchase a specific piece of land - I should be able to transmit whatever I like, just as I should be able to build whatever I like on my land. Obviously, the manner in which one utilizes their frequency or land would necessarily be constrained by the rights of others but anything beyond that is an infringement. The FCC should protect property rights and nothing more. Censorship is the responsibility of parents.
    Exactly! That is the only reasonable and rightful job of the FCC,nothing more than that. All these "Won't someone please think of the children!" responses are nothing more than appeal to emotion. I don't care how hard it is to be a parent, that was the choice of the parent deal with it. I don't think it's proper to infringe upon property and speech rights because someone can't control their kid all the time and wants the government to help them out. Bunch of idiots who can't figure out how to regulate electronic devices.
    Last edited by Ikari; 04-30-09 at 11:10 AM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #92
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Prove that right wingers don't want swearing? That is common sense, the fact you think LIBERALS want censorship of swearing and tit shots is amazingly FALSE as usual.

    Yes, A PERSON on the left was against it and probably some more, but the MAJORITY of conservatives are FOR censorhipo of the airwaves. DEAL WITH IT.

    Talking to you is like talking to my 4 year old neice when she goes NUH UH.

    Grow up and deal with the FACTS, the majority of conservatives NOT liberals are for censoring the airwaves of swear words and tit shots.

    The onus is on you to substantiate your statement. You've not done that.

    This time you cower behind your niece as you try and spin your bull**** once more.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    The onus is on you to substantiate your statement. You've not done that.

    This time you cower behind your niece as you try and spin your bull**** once more.
    So you are saying the majority of the left is against swearing and tit shot censorship and the right isn't. Sorry, but frankly you have not proven that.

    Deal with the facts, the right is ALWAYS the majority in the censorship of swearing and tit shots.

    The fact you are denying the obvious is amazing.

    Let me guess you don't believe in gravity either, you call it intelligent falling right?

    Stop spouting your bull****.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 04-30-09 at 11:24 AM.

  4. #94
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are saying the majority of the left is against swearing and tit shot censorship and the right isn't. Sorry, but frankly you have not proven that.

    Deal with the facts, the right is ALWAYS the majority in the censorship of swearing and tit shots.

    The fact you are denying the obvious is amazing.
    I think both sides get off on telling the People what they can and can't see and hear.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I think both sides get off on telling the People what they can and can't see and hear.
    Sorry, but on the topic of swearing and tit shots, the majority of people complaining are on the right.

    The left has it's fault with wanting to enact the fair doctrine which I disagree with, but not swearing and tit shots.

    I will agree both sides have their faults on the issue of censorship though.

  6. #96
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry, but on the topic of swearing and tit shots, the majority of people complaining are on the right.

    The left has it's fault with wanting to enact the fair doctrine which I disagree with, but not swearing and tit shots.

    I will agree both sides have their faults on the issue of censorship though.
    I don't care which side it comes from, it is improper use of force and power to use the FCC to enforce censorship on private property and speech rights.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I don't care which side it comes from, it is improper use of force and power to use the FCC to enforce censorship on private property and speech rights.
    Don't have any disagreement there.

  8. #98
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are saying the majority of the left is against swearing and tit shot censorship and the right isn't. Sorry, but frankly you have not proven that.

    Deal with the facts, the right is ALWAYS the majority in the censorship of swearing and tit shots.

    The fact you are denying the obvious is amazing.

    Let me guess you don't believe in gravity either, you call it intelligent falling right?

    Stop spouting your bull****.
    Then you'll have no problem providing a link to substantiate your claim.

    The only thing amazing here, is your unwillingness to substantiate your claim.

    I'll be more than happy to deal with the facts, when you provide some.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  9. #99
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    translation: You are for big brother government involvement because YOU disagree with the speech.

    Classical conservatism.
    Mistranslation.

    I'm all for free speech and free expression of ideas. I'm also for some minimum level of public decency standards.

    What I'm opposed to are misguided souls who believe that stringing together as many foul words as possible in one post is an exercise in free speech. And that somehow banning the F-word on The Academy Awards broadcast represents a deep, dark threat to their liberty. Though I suspect your ardent support of the first amendment here might earn you an A+ in a 10th grade civics class.


  10. #100
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Nashville/Little Mexico Tennessee
    Last Seen
    06-02-09 @ 12:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    523

    Re: The U.S. Supreme Court gives OK to government crackdown on the airwaves.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    Mistranslation.

    I'm all for free speech and free expression of ideas. I'm also for some minimum level of public decency standards.

    What I'm opposed to are misguided souls who believe that stringing together as many foul words as possible in one post is an exercise in free speech. And that somehow banning the F-word on The Academy Awards broadcast represents a deep, dark threat to their liberty. Though I suspect your ardent support of the first amendment here might earn you an A+ in a 10th grade civics class.

    I try to stay off the fence on most issues, but in this case I agree with you.... still, I do not want the present encroaching government to get any further up my rectum. Concider this, "WE the People", (as our government defines us)...
    Last edited by Rodney; 04-30-09 at 12:56 PM.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •