Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 143

Thread: Low level flight panics NY

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Time to educate you again. I never said any of the things you mention. I have not commented on Bush's connection with "BIG OIL", never claimed his war in Iraq was illegal, and don't know enough to really comment on Cheney and the contracts Halliburton got to work in Iraq(nor does anyone except those actually involved). This is the classic straw man argument thing. You are creating positions for me, and then arguing against them, instead of arguing against my actual positions.

    If you disagree with what I say, please do, but try to limit the disagreement to what I actually say, not what you imagine I might think.
    Let me correct my statement for your edification:

    Let me be sure I understand your argument; it is okay for LIBERALS speculate about Bush’s connections with BIG OIL and his illegal war on Iraq or Cheney’s ties to Halliburton’s profits and work in Iraq, but it is NOT okay for CONSERVATIVES to speculate what the media treatment would have been had this idiotic flyover wasting $328,000 of the tax payers money for a photo shoot would have been during Bush's Presidency?

    Again, if you are going to designate yourself as the "speculation" police on DP, you are going to be VERY busy with those who share YOUR ideology.

    Much debate is about speculation on what political opponents may or may not do or have done based on historic actions.

    It's like this; I can almost bet that Obama and the Democrats are going to have to substantially raise taxes based on their past actions. I cannot state it for a fact, but my speculation is a pretty safe bet.

    Last edited by Truth Detector; 05-04-09 at 03:17 PM.

  2. #132
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Pelosi wouldn't even call hearings on torture or Bush's violation of his oath of office by starting an unnecessary war. In fact, she has NEVER called for hearings on the Bush administration. So what the heck are you talking about?
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058010525
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #133
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Let me correct my statement for your edification:

    Let me be sure I understand your argument; it is okay for LIBERALS speculate about Bush’s connections with BIG OIL and his illegal war on Iraq or Cheney’s ties to Halliburton’s profits and work in Iraq, but it is NOT okay for CONSERVATIVES to speculate what the media treatment would have been had this idiotic flyover wasting $328,000 of the tax payers money for a photo shoot would have been during Bush's Presidency?

    Again, if you are going to designate yourself as the "speculation" police on DP, you are going to be VERY busy with those who share YOUR ideology.

    Much debate is about speculation on what political opponents may or may not do or have done based on historic actions.

    It's like this; I can almost bet that Obama and the Democrats are going to have to substantially raise taxes based on their past actions. I cannot state it for a fact, but my speculation is a pretty safe bet.

    Two points:

    One: going back to the comment I made that you attacked, I pointed out that complaining about how some one might react to something that might have, but did not, happen is silly. As an example, if I complained that Bush might have gotten us in yet another war, this time with Iran, if things had happened differently, would be silly on my part(side note...complaining about my tortured sentence structure and overuse of commas is probably pretty legit). Try not to read too much into that.

    Two: "Liberals" is a blanket term, and I fall under that blanket. When you state "liberals do this horrible thing", and I do not, it is trivial to disprove your statement. Try using some qualifiers. "Some liberals" would be much more accurate than "liberals".

  4. #134
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    No, they are requested by the White House and their movements controlled while the President is using them. The rest of the time they are used, stored, and serviced by the Presidential Airlift Group, part of Air Mobility Command's 89th Airlift Wing, based at Andrews Air Force Base. When the President is not using them, they are just two more planes in the Air Force inventory. Maybe you should become more informed before you decide to get snippy.
    Maybe you can explain why the Director of the White House Military Office, Louis Caldera, took responsibility for the flyover and apologized for it. Caldera is also a Deputy Assistant to the President.
    "Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision.
    So, in this case AF1 WAS requested by the White House for this stunt.

    Question?? Do you actually think that the Air Force wanted publicity photos of AF1?? Or more likely, someone wanted the photos for Obama's publicity machine.

    Someone much higher than Caldera in the administration approved this, someone that knew Obama's trips must be scheduled around it.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  5. #135
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    Maybe you can explain why the Director of the White House Military Office, Louis Caldera, took responsibility for the flyover and apologized for it. Caldera is also a Deputy Assistant to the President.


    So, in this case AF1 WAS requested by the White House for this stunt.

    Question?? Do you actually think that the Air Force wanted publicity photos of AF1?? Or more likely, someone wanted the photos for Obama's publicity machine.

    Someone much higher than Caldera in the administration approved this, someone that knew Obama's trips must be scheduled around it.
    Sorry, it doesn't make sense that a photograph like that would be requested by the Obama administration. More than likely it was for this website
    Factsheets : VC-25 - Air Force One : VC-25 - Air Force One

  6. #136
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't make sense that a photograph like that would be requested by the Obama administration. More than likely it was for this website
    Factsheets : VC-25 - Air Force One : VC-25 - Air Force One
    Doesn't make sense that Obama would want the photos??

    Are you kidding?? Why did Obama's Deputy Assistant, Caldera order them then?

    Why would the Air Force want the photos? Are they putting them on E-Bay??

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #137
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Sorry, it doesn't make sense that a photograph like that would be requested by the Obama administration. More than likely it was for this website
    Factsheets : VC-25 - Air Force One : VC-25 - Air Force One
    Yeah, why would a socialist like Obama want AF1 flying near a symbol of freedom?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #138
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah, why would a socialist like Obama want AF1 flying near a symbol of freedom?
    Weren't socialists fond of using pictures in their propaganda?

    Just sayin'....
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #139
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Yeah, why would a socialist like Obama want AF1 flying near a symbol of freedom?
    isn't that the statue that has something to say about immigrants along the lines of "give us your tired, poor hungry".

  10. #140
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    isn't that the statue that has something to say about immigrants along the lines of "give us your tired, poor hungry".
    It's called the Statue of LIBERTY. Something very foreign to big government zealots.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •