Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 143

Thread: Low level flight panics NY

  1. #91
    Guru

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,469

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I thought you were referring to the deficit, not the bailout....
    Considering the economy lost over 4 trillion dollars, the cost of the bailout, which will hopefully prevent further loss, seems a reasonable response.
    Yeah, it is always a good idea to keep digging when you are in a hole.

    Do you think the US can dig deep enough to come out the other side.


    .

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    White House Apologizes for Air Force FlyOver

    Good thing you didn't have to hold your breath. You might've been in debt to me, of all people.
    So let me understand this story, the smartest man on the planet, the man we are expecting to change the world's opinion, the man we are expecting to manage the entire economy and make all the poor in America safe and prosperous, the man who has the incredible ability to bring us together, did NOT know about this flight NOR authorize it?

    You mean that Obama's staff can take Air force ONE on a joyride over Manhattan without his knowledge?

    At 4:39 p.m. Monday, the White House issued an apology for the flyover. Louis E. Caldera, director of the White House Military Office, who served in the Clinton administration as secretary of the Army, said in a statement:
    Last week, I approved a mission over New York. I take responsibility for that decision. While federal authorities took the proper steps to notify state and local authorities in New York and New Jersey, itís clear that the mission created confusion and disruption. I apologize and take responsibility for any distress that flight caused.

    When President Obama learned of the episode on Monday afternoon, aides said, he, too, was furious. Senior administration officials conveyed the presidentís anger in a meeting with Mr. Caldera on Monday afternoon.


    This looks more like pointing the finger of BLAME than any form of apology or taking responsibility to me dude. But then, I don't wallow in denial either trying to defend this Community Organizers gross incompetence.

    Carry on; it is comforting to know that the smartest man on the planet, our dear leader, is so well informed by his OWN staff and has such good control over his OWN aircraft.

    You just cannot fabricate the level of denial and spin we are now getting from the same Liberal Bush Bashers who spent every waking moment impugning Bush for everything from Natural Disasters to terrorist attacks planned during Clinton's Presidency.


  3. #93
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    How did Obama NOT inherit the deficit? I can't wait to hear this.
    Because he was IN the Senate and VOTED for and SUPPORTED every spending Bill that placed us in this deficit.

    I know when you are a rabid hyper partisan who wallows in denial and spends every waking moment avoiding reality; it would be difficult to comprehend simple FACTS like these.

    Democrats, since taking over the Congress, have taken this nation from a deficit of less than $200 billion to a deficit now suggested to be around $1.8 trillion.

    I think we can put the notion that Democrats are fiscally responsible to rest.

    Carry on; it is amusing watching hyper partisans like you attempt to carry the water for such gross incompetence.

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Come on now Td, they are coming up with new ideas for saving money, like the genius idea of buying office supplies in bulk.



    Obama to cut staggering deficit by purchasing office supplies in bulk
    LMFAO....oh yes, I forgot about how much this is going to save us. But alas, they just spent all those potential savings in supplies taking Air Force ONE on a joyride over Manhattan.

    Reality is certainly not a friend of the Democrats these days is it?

  5. #95
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I thought you were referring to the deficit, not the bailout....
    Considering the economy lost over 4 trillion dollars, the cost of the bailout, which will hopefully prevent further loss, seems a reasonable response.
    It only makes sense or appears "reasonable" is you are clueless about the economic impact of Government spending itself into a $1.8 trillion deficit and the costs of adding this to the National Debt and the inflationary effects it will have when the Government is forced to PRINT money in order to pay their bills.

    I cannot imagine how some educated economists can even argue the case for what this Government is doing without chuckling or laughing out loud.

    NOTHING good can come of such spending when they won't even be transparent and honest enough to have an HONEST public debate about HOW they are going to pay for it all.

    Doesn't it strike you as suspect that we have yet to talk about who is going to pay for this stuff? Do you realize that if you taxed the richest 2% of people in the USA 100% it would still be insufficient?

    Do you still believe that carbon taxes on polluting industries, taxes on businesses and increasing the costs of manufacturing will have no impact on YOU personally?

    Do you think that businesses do not pass those costs and taxes onto YOU the consumer?

    Do you honestly think that the few hundred dollars Obama is giving to those who earn less than $250,000K AGI will make a dent on the economy?

    Do you honestly think that State Governments, typically in Liberal States, are increasing the taxes on their citizens to cover for their own lost revenue and Liberal programs?

    Where in all these denials have you even asked who pays for all these wonderful Government green programs and vast expansion of the Federal Bureaucracy and Federal Debt; which will soon surpass 25% of the Federal budget?

    It is obvious that the fawning supporters of the Community Organizer, much like him, wallow in blissful denial thinking that there will not be a BILL at the end of the day to pay for all these wonderful programs and vast expansion of Government intrusion into every aspect of our lives.

    It is almost as laughable as the notion the poorer among us have that there will be no cost for Government managed healthcare and that somehow, OTHERS will be paying for it.

    Consider this a REALITY check and hardly anything remotely partisan because if Republicans were doing this I would have the exact same response.


  6. #96
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,764

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    White House Apologizes for Air Force FlyOver

    Good thing you didn't have to hold your breath. You might've been in debt to me, of all people.



    meh, I know you try to back up what you say. Can't say the same for the poster I made the comment to.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #97
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-06-09 @ 03:03 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    11,946

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    White House Apologizes for Air Force FlyOver

    Good thing you didn't have to hold your breath. You might've been in debt to me, of all people.
    There is no apology there from Obama--just a claim of ignorance. The buck stops at the prez.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1058005207-post17.html





    .
    Last edited by Felicity; 04-29-09 at 03:55 PM.

  8. #98
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity View Post
    There is no apology there from Obama--just a claim of ignorance. The buck stops at the prez.


    http://www.debatepolitics.com/1058005207-post17.html





    .
    Obama acknowledged the incident and pledged it would not happen again. Do you need an apology from him because he is CinC of the armed forces and it was a military error, or because he is president and it happened on his watch, or just because you enjoy demanding apologies? Because he had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

  9. #99
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Obama acknowledged the incident and pledged it would not happen again. Do you need an apology from him because he is CinC of the armed forces and it was a military error, or because he is president and it happened on his watch, or just because you enjoy demanding apologies? Because he had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
    It doesn't change the fact that the buck stops at him. I think an apology is warranted considering that it was a stupid stunt that caused a lot of unnecessary panic. I imagine your views would probably be quite different if this had happened when Bush was President.

  10. #100
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Low level flight panics NY

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Obama acknowledged the incident and pledged it would not happen again. Do you need an apology from him because he is CinC of the armed forces and it was a military error, or because he is president and it happened on his watch, or just because you enjoy demanding apologies? Because he had NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.
    This is fascinating coming from a rabid hyper partisan who demanded apologies from Bush if he even sneezed, and even THEN, wouldn't accept them as good enough.

    Do you not see the blatant hypocrisy it takes to make the arguments you do?

    You are beyond irrelevant. I just like pointing it out from time to time when I am bored.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •