Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 139

Thread: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

  1. #111
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    From your link:



    Insulting someone's woman is hardly an act of force.
    No kidding.....

    An impolite overture--aka, a "pass"--would be, however, a declaration of sexual intent, creating a likelihood of sexual assault, and justifying the loudmouth boor crapping his teeth for the next week.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    No kidding.....

    An impolite overture--aka, a "pass"--would be, however, a declaration of sexual intent, creating a likelihood of sexual assault, and justifying the loudmouth boor crapping his teeth for the next week.
    Again, show me a case that someone was aquited on that. If not, I call Bull****.

    You can show me your interpretation, but until I see that on an actual case, sorry I call bull**** on your interpretation. Hitting on someone's woman is not going to be grounds to beat on someone.

  3. #113
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Those attorneys left out very pertinent info in their effort to make torture look legal. By leaving that info out they showed they were aware how an argument could be made for its illegality. They are guilty! It's sad that Obama and Holder aren't accusing them of their crimes and basically passing the buck to the Bar Ethics committee.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  4. #114
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    Sure....Explain to me how, if one of our citizens was being held in Syria & was blindfolded, bound & almost drowned how YOU would not consider that torture & a crime. Come on....String together some English words to make that torture sound like it isn't a crime..........Unless WE do it!
    That's not what I asked you.

    I asked you to take the memos written by the attorneys, parse them piece by piece, and explain exactly how they "torture" logic or the English language.

    As I said, if it's that simple, it should be no problem. So, do it. Or, you know, dodge again, but that too will tell us something quite meaningful.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #115
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Those attorneys left out very pertinent info in their effort to make torture look legal. By leaving that info out they showed they were aware how an argument could be made for its illegality.
    1) Show that they did that.

    2) THEN show that it's not standard practice for the type of memos they were writing.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #116
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Again, show me a case that someone was aquited on that. If not, I call Bull****.

    You can show me your interpretation, but until I see that on an actual case, sorry I call bull**** on your interpretation. Hitting on someone's woman is not going to be grounds to beat on someone.
    Nice thread derailment.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  7. #117
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Masschusetts
    Last Seen
    03-01-14 @ 10:44 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,512

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    That's not what I asked you.

    I asked you to take the memos written by the attorneys, parse them piece by piece, and explain exactly how they "torture" logic or the English language.

    As I said, if it's that simple, it should be no problem. So, do it. Or, you know, dodge again, but that too will tell us something quite meaningful.
    If I asked you to read a book who's final premise was that the Earth is indeed flat (& a ship would fall off the edge if it sailed to far) & then asked you to "parse them piece by piece, and explain exactly how they "torture" logic or the English language."....I don't think you'd waste your time either.
    I therefore refuse to accept your bait as a ridiculous waste of time. For any lawyer to write any legal opinion claiming torture is legal is so ridiculous that it's not really worthy of being discussed, let alone devoting much time in refuting.

    Thanks....but no thanks.

  8. #118
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    1) Show that they did that.

    2) THEN show that it's not standard practice for the type of memos they were writing.
    That's why they're being sent to the ethics committee.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #119
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by Devil505 View Post
    If I asked you to read a book who's final premise was that the Earth is indeed flat (& a ship would fall off the edge if it sailed to far) & then asked you to "parse them piece by piece, and explain exactly how they "torture" logic or the English language."....I don't think you'd waste your time either.
    I therefore refuse to accept your bait as a ridiculous waste of time. For any lawyer to write any legal opinion claiming torture is legal is so ridiculous that it's not really worthy of being discussed, let alone devoting much time in refuting.

    Thanks....but no thanks.
    Oh, like I'm surprised. You simply cannot show what you claim is so to be true. It's not my "bait" -- it's your very specific claim that it's up to you to support.

    Not that I ever expected you to.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #120
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:49 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,569

    Re: UN torture envoy: US must prosecute Bush lawyers

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    That's why they're being sent to the ethics committee.
    Then, as I said to your Grover Dill above, it should not be very difficult for you to do exactly what I asked.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •