Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 51

Thread: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

  1. #31
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Not sure what you're referring to as "these issues". If it's the torture thing, it most certainly is a crime. That is what is causing all the outrage and that is what will be the reasons for the investigations that will be conducted.
    It was not a crime. Congress was told about it, Congress consented to it, thus it could not possibly be a crime.

    The outrage is because Democrats seek to deny their own accountability and foist it all on others--i.e., the outrage is because Democrats are, once again, being Democrats.

  2. #32
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    It was not a crime. Congress was told about it, Congress consented to it, thus it could not possibly be a crime.

    The outrage is because Democrats seek to deny their own accountability and foist it all on others--i.e., the outrage is because Democrats are, once again, being Democrats.
    Your logic is not logical. Congress was not told about water boarding. And nothing is legal until a bill is passed by Congress and then signed by POTUS. That is how our laws are made and unmade. A crime, which torture has been for over 100 years, does not become legal until such legislation is passed. Do you not understand how that works?

    Show me where Congress "consented" to water boarding. And what kind of word is "consenting" re: what Congress does. They pass bills or they do not pass bills but, they do not give "permission" or "consent".
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  3. #33
    Why so serious?

    Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Washington State
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,285

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Your logic is not logical. Congress was not told about water boarding. And nothing is legal until a bill is passed by Congress and then signed by POTUS. That is how our laws are made and unmade. A crime, which torture has been for over 100 years, does not become legal until such legislation is passed. Do you not understand how that works?

    Show me where Congress "consented" to water boarding. And what kind of word is "consenting" re: what Congress does. They pass bills or they do not pass bills but, they do not give "permission" or "consent".
    You have that backwards. Everything is legal until there is a law that says otherwise. Kind of hard to prosecute someone for an action that isn't spelled out in the law.
    "I believe in a Spinoza's God who reveals himself in the harmony of all that exists, but not in a God who concerns himself with the fate and actions of human beings."

    --Albert Einstein, 1929

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Pelosi needs to be removed from office.
    Otherwise the left as personified by ADK here will play the amnesiatic "never noticed" game and she will not only lie away but use her lies to create show trials.

    How ridiculous to claim the Congress never knew. Its as blatantly absurd as Pelosi's lie.
    Last edited by Triad; 04-25-09 at 06:58 PM.

  5. #35
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by Moon View Post
    You have that backwards. Everything is legal until there is a law that says otherwise. Kind of hard to prosecute someone for an action that isn't spelled out in the law.
    No, you have it backwards! That is exactly what I said. Water boarding and torture is a crime, has been for over 100 years... until legalized. And that ain't happened!
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  6. #36
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by Triad View Post
    How ridiculous to claim the Congress never knew. Its as blatantly absurd as Pelosi's lie.
    That just shows how much you don't know about what BushCo did and did not inform Congress on.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  7. #37
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    That just shows how much you don't know about what BushCo did and did not inform Congress on.
    If it was so secret, how do you know it happened?

  8. #38
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    If it was so secret, how do you know it happened?
    Let's put it this way. I've read a lot about what did and didn't happen during King George's reign. No matter what you loyal Bushies may think, he never had your best interests at heart.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  9. #39
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Let's put it this way. I've read a lot about what did and didn't happen during King George's reign. No matter what you loyal Bushies may think, he never had your best interests at heart.
    Ok, if there's so much out there to be read, how is it that Congress didn't know? And if it was so blatant, why was Congress unwilling to do anything about it?

  10. #40
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: Pelosi briefed on waterboarding in '02 [UPDATED]

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Ok, if there's so much out there to be read, how is it that Congress didn't know? And if it was so blatant, why was Congress unwilling to do anything about it?
    You should work on your reading comprehension. Think on it.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •