Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 90

Thread: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

  1. #71
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I see you still don't want to go anywhere near my argument.
    Whatever you say there Brady Bunch®

    You go and muster up a passing grade in this course here:

    POL 469 Contemporary Political Thought - University of Phoenix

    And maybe someone will actually take you seriously back here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Quit being such an intellectual pussy for once and actually debate intelligently.
    Oh that comment is rich, as you show up at 9:22 am with this turd:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    I had Brady stuck in my brain for a completely different reason. You're right, I wasn't focused at all at that point.
    Then after several hours and much brain storming, you return with a much more polished turd:

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    The whole Brady thing was on my mind over James Brady and the Brady Bill I was discussing on a guitar forum I frequent. It's the only defense I can plead in this case. I should have been more focused given your nature of diversionary debate tactics.
    Yes, those diversionary tactics were obviously weighing in heavily on your mind over at your guitar hero forum.

    You go ahead and take all the time you need to make up any number of excuses you might need to try and save face here.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  2. #72
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    Whatever you say there Brady Bunch®

    You go and muster up a passing grade in this course here:

    POL 469 Contemporary Political Thought - University of Phoenix

    And maybe someone will actually take you seriously back here.



    Oh that comment is rich, as you show up at 9:22 am with this turd:



    Then after several hours and much brain storming, you return with a much more polished turd:



    Yes, those diversionary tactics were obviously weighing in heavily on your mind over at your guitar hero forum.

    You go ahead and take all the time you need to make up any number of excuses you might need to try and save face here.
    Actually we were discussing gun control, John Lennon, the Brady Bill. Obama, the AWB. James Brady/James Baker...they both worked for Reagan. I know it's far too deep for you to grasp, how that could possibly happen.

    I still see the yellow streak down your back as you run away GottaHurt. It's quite pronounced now.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #73
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I am always amused how Liberals and Leftists fabricate dramatic descriptions of events that never occurred
    Never occurred?

    So you're telling me that we've never used war as a tool of hard power?

    Going down the delusional path again eh TD?

    It is almost as trite and simplistic as their notions of economics.
    Agreed. Your understanding of economics and inter-business relationships is appalling. After all, you said my description of the underlying financial crisis was garbage despite numerous people of both sides thanking me for clearing it up and asking recommendations on how to fix it.

    Oh wait, perhaps you will now claim you are not a Liberal or a Leftist! Another fascinating fantasy evolved in denial.

    Carry on.
    I'm a pragmatist. Not a whackjob. I can't say that about most people here.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #74
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Actually we were discussing gun control, John Lennon, the Brady Bill. Obama, the AWB. James Brady/James Baker...they both worked for Reagan. I know it's far too deep for you to grasp, how that could possibly happen.

    I still see the yellow streak down your back as you run away GottaHurt. It's quite pronounced now.
    You've been obliterated from every angle in this thread. You had no legitimate argument to begin with, then got all willy-nilly confused and tried to blame me for diversionary tactics while you were at your guitar hero lesson.

    Now here you are stumbling, fumbling, bumbling, and mumbling about some codswallup that no one gives two ****s about.

    scurry off now, scurry off...
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  5. #75
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What profound irony watching you complain about bloviating.

    So are you trying to say you didn’t spew your typical vitriol about Bush for the last eight years just because I wasn’t here to witness? Is this the same as suggesting that if a tree falls in the forest and no one hears it, it doesn’t make a sound?
    No, this is stating your being your typical, dishonest hack of person. Your assumptions get you into trouble TD. Frequently.

    Once more you pretend to feign bravery in the face of True Debates. So let’s put the FACTS out there so that you can stop spewing your simplistic lies about how BRAVE you are in debate.

    You challenged me to a True Debate where you were going to attempt to PROVE that Bush lied us into the war in Iraq; I accepted.

    After challenging me, and my being fairly new to the forum and having no clue how one sets up a “true debate” and relying on your vast DP knowledge; you failed to set up the debate then claimed I ran from the debate.

    Then after your gross incompetence not being able to set up the debate, which I think was more about being a coward on your part knowing you would get your arsh kicked, you claimed I ran away. Unfortunately at the time I fell for the typical Liberal baiting that goes on here and got infracted and suspended, but I was more than happy to debate with you. However, you saw as an opportunity to stick your tail between your legs and run away.

    So please Lerx, stop your farcical false rhetoric, it only makes you look much more pathetic than you already do. Take your whiney blather to the basement where it is apparent you are much more comfortable and spare us your drivel up here.
    Oh now this is rich! That's not how it happened at all and you know it. The debate set up was handled by the Moderator. It made the schedule and we had at least two solid start dates in which you went missing in action. But I was there. It was all set up and ready, I was there, the rules were laid out. You popped in to talk **** and then popped back out. Your own trolling got you in trouble. You didn't even try. There was even joking discussion that you got suspended on purpose. You pussed and the debate got canceled. Read it and weep TD. I brought it up again after that and all you did was talk ****.
    http://www.debatepolitics.com/contes...postponed.html


    Do you want some cheese with your whine? The only ones I see doing all the whining in the regular forums and the basement are people like you who wouldn’t know a FACT if it walked up and introduced itself to you. Is there anything I am saying that is false about Obama; NO!
    I'm waiting on some facts from you about the topic of this thread.

    Bush was proved guilty of something? Do share with us what is it Bush was “proved” guilty of; it should be quite humorous watching more of your farcical versions of reality and the truth.
    Starting and unnecessary and unjustified war with Iraq. The evidence is there.

    No Lerx, it is becoming so much worse for you and your fellow Liberals who desperately attempt to defend the rabid stupidity infesting the Democrat party and which with each passing day becomes more readily apparent to vaster majorities of Americans with time.
    More bloviating. /yawn
    You’ll be needing a case of tissues handy before the end of this morons first term as your vote for this loser continues to haunt Americans who are now already saddled with enough debt to last the next TWO generations and with more to come; that is assuming we don’t get our arshes blown up by more terrorist attacks now that we have made life safer for them to carry out their diabolical plans.

    Carry on.
    Boohoo...TD doesn't like Obama...blah blah blah...meanwhile....
    FOX News Poll: Obama's First 100 Days
    A majority of Americans approve of the job President Obama is doing, are satisfied with what he has accomplished so far and think he is keeping his promises, according to a FOX News poll of Obama's first 100 days.


    As Barack Obama closes in on his first 100 days as president, majorities of Americans approve of the job he is doing, are satisfied with what he has accomplished so far and think he is keeping his promises, according to a FOX News poll released Friday.

    Obama's job approval rating comes in at 62 percent, down just three points from the 65 percent approval he received after his first week in office. Twenty-nine percent of Americans disapprove.

    In addition, most people say Obama is doing a better job than they expected (26 percent) or meeting expectations (56 percent). Few say he is doing worse than expected (16 percent).

    The president's approval is nearly identical to the job rating George W. Bush received at the same point in his first term, as 63 percent of Americans approved and 22 percent disapproved (April 18-19, 2001). One noticeable difference is that approval of Obama is much more divided along partisan lines today than Bush's ratings were eight years ago.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #76
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    You've been obliterated from every angle in this thread. You had no legitimate argument to begin with, then got all willy-nilly confused and tried to blame me for diversionary tactics while you were at your guitar hero lesson.

    Now here you are stumbling, fumbling, bumbling, and mumbling about some codswallup that no one gives two ****s about.

    scurry off now, scurry off...
    I'm right here ready to get back on this topic if you can muster the courage there Sally.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #77
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm right here ready to get back on this topic if you can muster the courage there Sally.
    You've failed miserably in this thread, and keep whining for a do over.

    Your performance here is much like your sex life, early withdrawal with no deposit, you dribbled on yourself.

    Now, run along before that $2.00 hooker bitch slaps you, and demands her money back.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    You've failed miserably in this thread, and keep whining for a do over.

    Your performance here is much like your sex life, early withdrawal with no deposit, you dribbled on yourself.

    Now, run along before that $2.00 hooker bitch slaps you, and demands her money back.
    Touche'

  9. #79
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    You've failed miserably in this thread, and keep whining for a do over.

    Your performance here is much like your sex life, early withdrawal with no deposit, you dribbled on yourself.

    Now, run along before that $2.00 hooker bitch slaps you, and demands her money back.
    Okay, you've had your fun, I've had mine. Now lets get back to the topic. I have several unanswered challenges that are waiting for an intelligent response. Let's start with this line of comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    There is no "damage" being done here except in your mind. You can't articulate to any demonstrable degree what "damage" is being done by Obama's actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt
    Castro accused the president of "arrogance" and "superficiality" while also criticizing his support of Washington’s trade embargo on the island, stating Obama has now made the "failed" policy "his own."

    Fidel Castro to Obama: not so fast -WorldBlog - msnbc.com
    Thrown right back in Obama's face, just like Iran, N.Korea, Russia and even Sarkozy.
    That's not "damage." That's the former President of Cuba flapping his trap, something he's done for decades. No "damage" was done. In fact, quite the contrary as Raul Castro, the actual President of Cuba, is all too eager to meet with our President and discuss future relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    Still waiting on you to articulate the "damage" that needs minimizing here.
    So I will once again, for at least the third time in this thread, ask you to articulate what damage was done.

    Then we have you criticizing Obama for seeking face to face talks with Castro, citing Henry Kissingers trip to China as and example of how things should have been done. Yet Nixon did essentially the same thing Obama has done: publicly request an audience with an enemy head of state. The current situation with Raul Castro and Cuba isn't even remotely close to what Nixon dispatched Kissinger to China for. The only thing these two scenarios have in common is that Cuba is communist and we are seeking to normalize relations with them. The geopolitical situation, the international position of the country in question, the international position of the U.S.: all different. At this stage there was nothing to send Clinton or anyone else in to negotiate. It was merely an act of communication on the world stage to show that Obama recognizes Raul Castro as a legitimate head of state and that he wishes to have face to face dialog to discuss things. That's all he did and it was an appropriate message given his position. It came across as sincere and was well received by Cuba's President. The very fact that the Congressional Black Caucus had already traveled to Cuba and met with the President to discuss normalization shows that the situation in China that Kissinger was working on is not even close to what Obama is dealing with in Cuba. My criticism of your argument stands and is very much backed up by the fact that you tried to use such a poor comparison to make it. I'll not even get into the insinuation you made regarding James Baker and the "former" Soviet Union. Again, you invoke an absolutely off base comparison.

    This gets back to the flaw in your core argument that Obama mucked it all up by sending that message himself and not having a lesser diplomat go in to "minimize damage." You've yet to define damage and you've yet to make an accurate comparison that validates your strategy and supports your criticism of Obama in this case. You've completely dismissed the fact that the Raul Castro, the current leader of Cuba, reacted quickly and positively to Obama's overture. You cite the former President of Cuba's essay as "damage" (although you can't actually quantify it all, thus it's simply your own opinion that defies reason) and then fall back on that as being evidence that Fidel Castro still runs Cuba. Again, your opinion only and you can't in any way articulate how it is that you know Fidel still runs Cuba. Your entire case that this thing blew up in Obama's face rest squarely on your ability to provide proof that Fidel Castro is still the de facto leader of Cuba.

    So, please make your case that Fidel Castro is in fact the current leader of Cuba.

    And we still have this elephant in the room that you continue to avoid.

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt
    Your position here demonstrates that you have absolutely no understanding of how foreign policy is crafted to achieve the desired result. It's tantamount, as has been proven throughout history, to send your best negotiator in to lay the ground work and/or reach an agreement in principle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    We aren't talking about the crafting of foreign policy or negotiating agreements at this point, nor did I even hint at that.
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt
    It's precisely what is being discussed here.

    Nice try, Not. Sending a message is crafting policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst
    No it's not. Crafting policy is actually developing policy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Definition
    Quote:
    Main Entry:
    craft
    Function:
    transitive verb
    Date:
    15th century

    : to make or produce with care, skill, or ingenuity <is crafting a new sculpture> <a carefully crafted story>
    Communicating a policy already crafted is sending a message. In no way whatsoever was Obama engaged in crafting foreign policy when he offered to meet with Raul Castro and lift the embargo. Why is this so hard for you to get your head around? Using the media as a conduit to transmit a message that expresses a desire to meet and discuss our two nations relationship is a tactic that is born out of foreign policy that's already been developed by the administration. You just don't walk out and throw that out there if you haven't already put together your first half game plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt
    ....crickets....
    So you've now made the argument that when Obama offered to meet with Raul Castro during a visit down south he was "crafting" foreign policy. Yet you can't show what policy he was "crafting" or developing, creating, etc. Do you know what a "policy" actually is? A Congressional delegation being dispatched to Cuba earlier in the month to discuss normalization of relations is evidence of the fact that policy regarding this matter already exists.

    Please explain how Obama's statement to the media was "crafting" policy. What policy exactly did he create or develop that wasn't already in existence?

    Ball is in your court.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 04-24-09 at 09:49 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #80
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Touche'
    Douche'.

    *insert profound statement here*

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •