Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 90

Thread: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

  1. #51
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,452

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Allusionation View Post
    IMO diplomacy fails when either the involved parties refuse to compromise and talks stop, or the talks result in worsening the situation.
    "Hamas does not recognize the existence of the State of Israel and maintains its vision of establishing a Palestinian state throughout all of the area west of the Jordan River. He also reiterated that there is no chance that Hamas would voluntarily disarm as long as Israel exists"



    How exactly do you negotiate with someone that fails to recognize you exist?


    Whose primary desire is "you die"?

    Just wondering.
    Thank you

  2. #52
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post

    This has become your fallback when you lack any sort of intelligent response.
    This has become your fallback when you lack any sort of intelligent response.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, it's not. You decided to try and force the thread that way because you opened your mouth and swallowed your shoe.
    No, it's precisely what is being discussed here. You just can't defeat the point, so you try to dodge.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    This is simply Obama recognizing the new President of Cuba as a legitimate head of state and communicating a desire normalize relations.
    Yes, and we saw how Obama the n00b got spanked.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And notice you didn't actually debunk what I stated. You just said "no I didn't, you're just being mean."
    I said no such thing. You're either drinking again, or your imagination is working overtime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You absolutely made that argument when you started moving the goal posts around and bringing up why he should have sent a lesser diplomat instead of speaking to those leaders himself. Hell, all he did was make statements to the media about his willingness to meet with Castro and discuss relations
    We saw where his inexperience got him in that move. He got his hand bit, the damage was done. We witnessed Fidel school his understudy Raul, by issuing a statement in response to Obamas naive attempt at foreign policy. Precisely why you send in an underling to lay the groundwork, so you don't have embarrassing moments like this in front of the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    When I challenged you on that you began bringing comparison of Kissinger and Brady to validate your case.
    Challenge me? You need balls to challenge me, you have none.

    Brady? Making up new arguments again, typical Lerxst tactic. Show me where I've ever even brought "a Brady" into any discussion here. Oh wait, it's obvious you don't know what the **** you're talking about, again.

    Try to focus. I know you get confused when making up your own facts, you have priors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I don't know if you realize this or not, but Fidel Castro is no longer the President of Cuba, Raul Castro is. I don't care what that old bag of **** said, Raul Castro is in power. There is plenty of speculation right now that Raul and Fidel have different ideas about the future between the U.S. and Cuba.
    Here's a stellar set of statements.

    First we have:

    I don't know if you realize this or not, but Fidel Castro is no longer the President of Cuba, Raul Castro is.
    Then we have:

    I don't care what that old bag of **** said, Raul Castro is in power.
    Followed by:

    There is plenty of speculation right now that Raul and Fidel have different ideas about the future between the U.S. and Cuba
    Well, if Raul is in power, and you don't give a **** about what Fidel says in regard to who is in power, then the difference of ideas between Fidel and Raul are irrelevant.

    Obviously you have some inner turmoil about who is in power in Cuba. You go ahead and work to resolve that inner conflict, and perhaps return with a clearer understanding of the situation.

    Raul took over for Fidel, because of Fidels failing health. The fact that Fidel issued a statement following the exchange between the n00b Obama and Raul, shows clearly who is really in power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Not at that point it wasn't. The argument had evolved past that point. And your assertion that Obama is ignorant of foreign policy is rich consider the colossal pile of excrement your argument here is.
    Your inability to keep up is your problem. Obama is ignorant of foreign policy, as we keep witnessing. Your denial of this, once again, is your problem.

    When Obama and his cabinet aren't insulting our allies, they're cozying up with our enemies. Great policy indeed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Except that we weren't at that stage of negotiations so your bringing it up was both inappropriate and off base given the reasons you were criticizing Obama.
    No, you weren't at that stage, try to keep up.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You didn't clearly show anything.
    No, it's not clear to you, as you have trouble keeping up, thus the blur you're experiencing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You're problem here is that you really don't know what you are talking about...hence your injection of Brady and insinuating that he had some meaningful role in the downfall of Communism in eastern Europe. This alone sheds a massive white light on your level of understanding of the subject matter.
    No the problem here, is you're confused about the folks I've used to demonstrate your lack of understanding in regard to foreign policy.

    Here you are, on again about Brady, obviously you just reached in and pulled Brady out of your ass. Tom Brady? Brady Bunch? Who the hell is Brady?

    I've made no insinuation about the fall of communism.

    Again you make up your own facts and start your little game of false assumptions/assertions & insinuations.

    Really, that imagination of yours needs to be brought under control.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    That is your opinion. And you base it only on the fact that you don't like him. You don't have the foggiest clue as to what proper amounts to here. The fact that the President of Cuba was so quick to respond positively to Obama's overture is evidence that he sincerely interested discussing the future between our nations.
    No, I base it on the daily gaffes we see from Obama and his administration.

    Yes, we saw Raul quickly respond, only to have Fidel step in and correct his understudy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, I'm just here pointing out how moronic your argument is. You have no choice but to pluck posts out of context and then try to use them as some sort of evidence. That's all you have.
    No, what I have here is another beligerant post from you in which you make up your own "facts" and constantly try to reframe the arguments I made.

    Really, your attempt at debate here is pitiful, pitiful. Shameful has no definition in your vocabulary.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm right because I'm right and you have done nothing to prove me wrong. You're case here wouldn't pass muster in a high school debate club.
    You keep telling yourself this, someday, maybe someday, even you'll start believing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Yeah, and you might want to see if University of Phoenix Online has math classes available.
    ??? Not familiar with this school. You seem well versed in it though. Knock yourself out in your studies there.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    More of the GottaHurt Sniffle®.
    Bravo The "I can't beat GottaHurt, so I'll join him" approach.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Technique? It's called mockery.
    Yes, imitation is the greatest form of flattery. Don't be ashamed that you've had to concede again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You get that a lot here in case you didn't notice.
    I love it when you're in retreat mode and you resort to "Me and my two anonymous Internet friends don't like you" routine.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, I just enjoy walking you into the floor on things like this.
    The only thing you've walked into is a brick wall. Pretty much SOP for you in a debate.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  3. #53
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,418

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    I had Brady stuck in my brain for a completely different reason. You're right, I wasn't focused at all at that point. Insert Baker where I said Brady...the argument still stands. That was fairly embarrassing.

    Now other than pointing out I said Brady instead of Baker, which by the way in the earlier posts I didn't make that obvious mistake, you still have not made your case. You didn't even address the meat of the argument except to say "Fidel made a statement so he is still in power."

    So when Bill Clinton made statements about U.S. foreign policy issues, after his Presidency, I guess he was still running the show huh?



    So...you got me on the name mistake, that's 1 for you, but about two dozen for me. So let's actually talk about the argument I made, the one you didn't address at all.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #54
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,418

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    The whole Brady thing was on my mind over James Brady and the Brady Bill I was discussing on a guitar forum I frequent. It's the only defense I can plead in this case. I should have been more focused given your nature of diversionary debate tactics.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #55
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    No, Obama the dip****, is totally clueless when it comes to foreign policy as we are witnessing it first hand.

    He brought Biden on because he was a "foreign policy expert". The smart move is to send in Joe to handle these second rate dictators. The circus atmosphere they bring to the table shouldn't involve the POTUS.

    What an embarrasment in front of the whole world.
    Speaking of which, what has happened to Joe "foot in my mouth" Biden lately? Haven't heard a whole lot from him have we? Probably better that way. I am thinking that even he is stunned how stupid the Democrats are looking with their new weaken America first foreign policy.

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I hear this argument all the time, usually premised on the claim that Bush never tried to talk to anyone and always resorted to force first. Which is patently absurd on its face.

    But the people who tend to say this sort of thing rarely, if indeed ever, have an answer to the question . . .

    At what point can it be fairly said that "diplomacy" has failed?
    I would like to elaborate on this comment and correct it: "But the people who tend to say this sort of thing rarely, if indeed ever....have any FACTS to support their wild eyed purely partisan political divisive RHETORIC."

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And what is that? Talking **** on Obama? Great, you guys should all be billionaires by now.
    How trite and hypocritical coming from one who spent so much of his life over the last eight years spewing your vitriol and lies and distortions about the previous President.

    I guess now that you "cashed in" on your bile, you will now continue your despicable attempts to impugn the previous administration to hide the massive incompetence and gross negligence of the ones currently in power whom you agree with.

    Watching the Liberal Leftists of the forum desperately defend the naive notion that if we just caved into and appease our enemies they will suddenly like us more is beyond laughable considering these same enemies of freedom basically put the "L" sign on their heads when talking to Obama.

    Yes, the "post turtle" has been meeting ALL of my expectations, but in passing a budget that has a $1.8 trillion deficit without a single debate on how to pay for it all and releasing the interrogation memos, he is actually exceeding them.

    You cannot fabricate the level of gross incompetence and ignorance that currently infests the Congress and White House. But hey, I expect you and your fellow Leftists to continue pointing to Bush and blaming him for everything from genital warts to why we were attacked on 9-11.

    Carry on.

  8. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Care to name a single country in the world that's government has derived legitimacy solely from US recognition?

    The notion that a regime like Chavez which is almost universally seen as corrupt and illegitimate can suddenly gain legitimacy because Obama was conciliatory to them is to be ignorant of the past 100 years of political international relations.
    How trite, yet after this fabulous coup of making Obama look like an idiot (I am beginning to think it is his natural state), Chavez’s book sales skyrocketed (I imagine mostly bought up by Liberal leftists who now wanted to see the blueprint of how to insult America first hand.)

    Chavez effectively showed the world that NOT only could he slap the American President in the face by walking over and handing him a book in Spanish whom Obama could not read, but what a dunce Obama was to shake the hand of the thug who handed him a book filled with rabid lunatic anti-American rantings.

    How funny and ironic to watch the Liberal leftists who couldn't resist fabricating lies and distortions about Bush’s record on the ignorant belief that he stole an election, yet can now desperately defend this act of buffoonery by the Community Organizer.

    It was a profoundly embarrassing moment for the Community Organization of the United States, and was a moment of awkwardness that only an arrogant imbecile would make by thinking that our enemies only hated us because of Bush.

    Slap an "L" on Obama, Pelosi and Reid, they are soooooo done.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by Kandahar View Post

    Tell me, do you think it was a bad idea for FDR to meet with Stalin? For Nixon to meet with Mao? For Reagan to meet with Gorbachev? For Bush to meet with King Abdullah al-Saud?
    Comparing Obama shaking the hand of an ass pimple like Chavez who handed him a book in Spanish containing anti-American garbage to FDR and Stalin, Nixon and Mao, Reagan and Gorbachev and Bush with King Abdullah is beyond laughable, it is hysterical.

    Do you REALLY honestly think that there are any similarities?

    But hey, I understand the desperation when trying to defend the stupidity of this President and the Democrats who infest our congress with the rabid ignorance.

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Fidel Castro: Obama 'Misinterpreted' Raul's Words

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    It's as if some people think that blowing up everything and shooting everything that moves will solve our problems.
    I am always amused how Liberals and Leftists fabricate dramatic descriptions of events that never occurred to support their hysterically naive notions about negotiating and foreign policy. It is almost as trite and simplistic as their notions of economics.

    Oh wait, perhaps you will now claim you are not a Liberal or a Leftist! Another fascinating fantasy evolved in denial.

    Carry on.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •