Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast
Results 531 to 540 of 550

Thread: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

  1. #531
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    no, silly

    working, according to the cia's ig as released by holder, means turning ksm from "an avowed and truculent enemy" into langley's "preeminent source"

    i thought you said you could think
    And you do realize you can't point to a single thing that we can verify as evidence. I know you're willing to accept the word of anyone as long as it backs what you want, but it is not equal to verifiable evidence. Saying he gave information is not the same as showing he gave valuable evidence.

    However, we have clear and verifiable evidence of misinformation we got from al Libi. he gave false information and we used in Powell's report to the UN.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #532
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I know you're willing to accept the word of anyone as long as it backs what you want
    the cia's ig?

    HOLDER accepted it

    otherwise doj wouldn't have published the report on the monday before aug 29

    think

    LOL!

  3. #533
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Well, you don't really know what anyone accepted. You don't ask for much in the way of evidence. Again, I provided a known, verifiable example. Can you produce one eual to that?

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #534
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    the dozen links (wapo, abc, reuters, ap...) have been posted

    but since they're not from new south wales, one can't expect certain people to understand

  5. #535
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    the dozen links (wapo, abc, reuters, ap...) have been posted

    but since they're not from new south wales, one can't expect certain people to understand
    For CLAIMS. Not verifiable evidence. There's a difference.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #536
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by ecofarm View Post
    Well, there were three waterboarded. Two of them have already had information released that confirms there was valuable intel obtained. The third one, we only have the word of top US officials that it yielded valuable information.

    CT notwithstanding, the answer to your question is ZERO.

    Is that going to make any difference to your entrenched position? No.
    So here is a case of waterboarding where in people screamed every name they could and in how many years it proved fruitful? And you want to say there are ZERO people waterboarded who didn't give real information? Seriously? We've waterboarded more than 3 people, BTW. We got valid data from all of that? No? We didn't you say? You were completely making up statistics on the spot to try to make your case seem stronger you say? Thought so.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #537
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So here is a case of waterboarding where in people screamed every name they could and in how many years it proved fruitful? And you want to say there are ZERO people waterboarded who didn't give real information? Seriously? We've waterboarded more than 3 people, BTW. We got valid data from all of that? No? We didn't you say? You were completely making up statistics on the spot to try to make your case seem stronger you say? Thought so.
    Absolutes are often problematic. It is more to accurate to say we likely got more misinformation than accurate information. The literature is clear that torture is less effective at getting information than other techniques. And we can point to where we used misinformation (al Libi before the UN), but don't really have a comparable example to present concerning actual information we recieve from torture. I would think if we got anything comparable, it would have been presented as evidence. I am concerned about claims without verifiable evidence to confirm the claim.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #538
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I am concerned about claims without verifiable evidence to confirm the claim.
    LOL!

    ask the ig, he's the one making the claims

    while you're at it, ask HOLDER why his doj issued the report

    more seriously, thanks are due to president slasher for NOT dismantling his predecessor's policies---gitmo, detention, wiretapping---thus allowing our agents and seals to assassinate ubl

  9. #539
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

    I guess this settles the debate on whether or not waterboarding works. Saved lives, caught terrorist. Good thing really.
    Page not found.

    I guess the story turned out to be b.s.

  10. #540
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    Page not found.

    I guess the story turned out to be b.s.
    Could just be that the story was older than dirt. This thread is about 2 years old.

Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •