Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 450 of 550

Thread: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

  1. #441
    Phoenecian
    Indy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    03-22-13 @ 04:36 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,089

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    Well I just googled it and apparently it's not even proven the Chinese ever used it. Mythbusters didn't think it had very untoward effects.

    While it sounds horribly ominous it sounds pretty tame and lame.
    I actually saw that mythbusters and their opinion on the matter doesn't seem to line up with how you are portraying it. They said it was DEFINITELY torture during the show, why do you think the girl when freaking crazy during it?
    Affiant further sayeth not.

  2. #442
    Guru
    ADK_Forever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Last Seen
    05-07-11 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Where was there ever ANY evidence that the Plame affair had NOTHING to do with Cheney or Rove?
    I agree. The Plame affair was all about Cheney and Rove.

    Again, perhaps you find it rational to fabricate your own reality to impugn those your politically disagree with, but I assure you there is nothing rational about your desperate antics.
    I truly don't think you know what reality is. Libby testified that Cheney told him to leak those lies about Plame. It's been posted all over here. Just because you refuse to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.

    The Democrats could have easily brought up impeachment charges regardless of their votes
    Neither party brings things up for a vote unless they're pretty sure they have the votes. Although I do agree with you that they should have brought him up for impeachment!

    You love asking the same ignorant questions again and again and again, trying to piss someone off. And when someone finally tells you what you are, or where you can go, a mod comes along telling us that "we" broke some rule. Your type of posting should not be allowed here. I can't understand why you are allowed to get away with the baiting that you do. You're only looking for a fight.
    Thank You Barack Obama for Restoring Honor To The Presidency.
    President Obama will rank as one of our greatest presidents!

  3. #443
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Actually, I think a logical person would acknowledge that either scenario is plausible, and that they both require a lot of assumptions.
    You left off, "and so I'm going to make some of those assumptions myself"

    I think it's because the rabbit hole goes deep enough to put a few Dems behind bars too.<assumption It's why that spineless wench Pelosi said the impeachment of Bush was "off the table" from the beginning. <assumption Dems were complicit in the Iraq AUMF, <assumption they were complicit in the warrantless wiretapping program, <assumption and they were complicit in the systematic torture of enemy combatants. <assumption Many of them are just as guilty as anyone in the Bush admin, so of course they aren't really interested in doing anything except lip service.<assumption [/QUOTE]
    Then we'll have a look at the praise for such assumptions.

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    There is more truth in the above statement than perhaps even you and I comprehend.

    But it is good that you understand the basic REALITY about why this whole debate is a specious unwarranted partisan political witch-hunt NOT intended to reach for a higher morality than our enemies but possibly just another pathetic partisan attempt to prosecute good people in the court of public opinion for purely partisan political purposes.
    Are you agreeing because there is truth there or because you agree with the assumption?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What alternate planet do you live on? Where was there ever ANY evidence that the Plame affair had NOTHING to do with Cheney or Rove?
    Really? None? So according to you there is nothing even suspicious about that whole situation? You don't think mean Skooter was protecting Shooter? Nothing? There wasn't enough evidence to hammer some people... that doesn't mean there was NO evidence. There is definately a preponderance of evidence but as you well know, the guys at the top try to insulate themselves as best they can by inserting henchmen between them and the deed.

    Again, perhaps you find it rational to fabricate your own reality to impugn those your politically disagree with, but I assure you there is nothing rational about your desperate antics.
    But yet you're perfectly willing to agree with the assumptions made against democrat involvement...

    The only one twisting desperately spewing lies happens to be you. The Democrats could have esily brought up impeachment charges regardless of their votes; they didnít do it because they didnít have sufficient evidence to bring up such specious politically charged claims.
    I thought it was because they didn't want the political fallout from the cons wailing about how it's nothing but payback... I disagree with that position because a lot of damage has been done to this country in the last 8 years and they should be held responsible.

    All the fantastical diatribe, lies and fabrications in the world wonít change those very basic and simple FACTS.
    What facts? That the Dems haven't pursued multiple veins of legal action against the Shrub and his admin? Yup, but the reasons why not aren't as clear as you WANT them to be.

    I can hardly say I would look forward to more of your twists and distorted version of reality, but I am certain there are more to come.
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the exact same way about you.

    Your irrational misplaced hate for Bush and Republicans aside, the least you could do is make some sense.
    Your irrational misplaced love for Bush and Republicans aside, the least you could do is make some sense.

  4. #444
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I agree. The Plame affair was all about Cheney and Rove.
    But the FACTS do not support your rabid uninformed hyper partisan views.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    I truly don't think you know what reality is. Libby testified that Cheney told him to leak those lies about Plame. It's been posted all over here. Just because you refuse to believe it doesn't mean it's not true.
    What irony suggesting that I don't comprehend reality in a thread where your hyper partisan blather with blatantly FALSE assertions about the Plame Affair.

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Neither party brings things up for a vote unless they're pretty sure they have the votes. Although I do agree with you that they should have brought him up for impeachment!
    So in other words, railing and spewing nonsense about impeachment is only an attempt to bait and troll and impugn good people's character in the public arena?

    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    You love asking the same ignorant questions again and again and again, trying to piss someone off. And when someone finally tells you what you are, or where you can go, a mod comes along telling us that "we" broke some rule.
    THIS coming from you is truly the height of irony.

    Here is what is REALLY happening whenever someone engages you and the likes of your pal Slippery; questions are asked for you to support with credible evidence the obvious hyper partisan lies and distortions you spew in this forum; then when confronted with the REALITY that you cannot support such uninformed rabid hyper partisan BS, you then engage in disingenuous arrogant condescending personal attacks.

    But it doesn't stop here with your hypocrisy and irony; then you WHINE about getting infracted with the very rules you wish on your political opponents at DP.


    Quote Originally Posted by ADK_Forever View Post
    Your type of posting should not be allowed here. I can't understand why you are allowed to get away with the baiting that you do. You're only looking for a fight.
    Good lord, coming from you this is beyond hypocrisy and irony, it is COMEDIC!

    Thanks ADK, you can be really funny when you want to; and carry on.

  5. #445
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Reading this pile of Liberal bile, one has to ask; say what?

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    There is more truth in the above statement than perhaps even you and I comprehend.

    But it is good that you understand the basic REALITY about why this whole debate is a specious unwarranted partisan political witch-hunt NOT intended to reach for a higher morality than our enemies but possibly just another pathetic partisan attempt to prosecute good people in the court of public opinion for purely partisan political purposes.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Are you agreeing because there is truth there or because you agree with the assumption?
    I am agreeing with it because there is TRUTH there and hardly an assumption.

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    What alternate planet do you live on? Where was there ever ANY evidence that the Plame affair had NOTHING to do with Cheney or Rove?


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Really? None? So according to you there is nothing even suspicious about that whole situation? You don't think mean Skooter was protecting Shooter? Nothing? There wasn't enough evidence to hammer some people... that doesn't mean there was NO evidence. There is definately a preponderance of evidence but as you well know, the guys at the top try to insulate themselves as best they can by inserting henchmen between them and the deed.
    Again, there is NOTHING there regardless of your desperate assertions and diabolical conspiracy theories; the case was investigated and over $50,000,000 spent. All this was intended to do is impugn political opponents for purely political purposes brought on by the actions of Joe and Valerie Plame themselves in their desperate hunger to be public whores for the Left.

    I find it amusing that you continue to spew the lie that there was this preponderance of evidence in a vacuum of the FACTS and REALITY. The case was investigated and closed with the minor prosecution of Libby for lying under oath, an actor we know to not be the source of the leak in a case where the person KNOWN to have been the leak was not charged.

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Again, perhaps you find it rational to fabricate your own reality to impugn those your politically disagree with, but I assure you there is nothing rational about your desperate antics.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    But yet you're perfectly willing to agree with the assumptions made against democrat involvement...
    Democrat involvement in what? Do you even have a coherent level of comprehension of what it is you are attempting to argue?

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    The only one twisting desperately spewing lies happens to be you. The Democrats could have esily brought up impeachment charges regardless of their votes; they didnít do it because they didnít have sufficient evidence to bring up such specious politically charged claims.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I thought it was because they didn't want the political fallout from the cons wailing about how it's nothing but payback... I disagree with that position because a lot of damage has been done to this country in the last 8 years and they should be held responsible.
    Well, you think a LOT of things that have no basis in the facts or reality, so who knows what it is YOU think are the reasons Democrats didnít bring about impeachment hearings even though they intimated to their rabid hyper partisan supporters like you that they would.

    I guess it doesnít occur to you that they never really intended to bring up any charges because they KNEW they didnít have a case or the votes and merely were desirous of prosecuting Bush in the arena of public opinion thus damaging his credibility for purely partisan political purposes. Of course REALITY would never actually occur to you would it?


    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    All the fantastical diatribe, lies and fabrications in the world wonít change those very basic and simple FACTS.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    What facts? That the Dems haven't pursued multiple veins of legal action against the Shrub and his admin? Yup, but the reasons why not aren't as clear as you WANT them to be.
    The multiple veins of legal action are merely figments of your over active hyper partisan mind and fabrications that have no place in the REAL world.


    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    I can hardly say I would look forward to more of your twists and distorted version of reality, but I am certain there are more to come.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels the exact same way about you.
    And your point is what?

    Quote:Originally Posted by Truth Detector
    Your irrational misplaced hate for Bush and Republicans aside, the least you could do is make some sense.


    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Your irrational misplaced love for Bush ....
    I challenge you to show where any of my arguments, comments or defense of the truth can be construed as a misplaced ďloveĒ of ANYONE.

    Again, reality and the facts are never your friends.

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    Republicans aside, the least you could do is make some sense.
    Coming from you, this is once more a very apt definition of irony. But then, when you are in such rabid denial, why would one presume that you could even distinguish what makes sense and what doesnít based on the wild-eyed lies and distortions you blather this forum with.

    Your condescension and insults aside, by all means carry on with this campaign of obvious ignorance about ďperceivedĒ crimes of a President who based on your misplaced hatred of him purely for political philosophical differences causes you to plaster the forum with such uninformed hateful bile.

  6. #446
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    You left off, "and so I'm going to make some of those assumptions myself"
    I thought it was clear that I was making assumptions. That's why I said "I think it's because.." instead of "I know it's because..."

    Quote Originally Posted by Slippery Slope View Post
    That the Dems haven't pursued multiple veins of legal action against the Shrub and his admin? Yup, but the reasons why not aren't as clear as you WANT them to be.
    What are the reasons then? I'm guessing you believe there are grounds for legal proceedings, so why do you think the Dems have chosen not to pursue them?

  7. #447
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    in a neocon's craw
    Last Seen
    04-24-17 @ 10:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    2,801

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    I thought it was clear that I was making assumptions. That's why I said "I think it's because.." instead of "I know it's because..."
    I realize that but I just wanted to make sure it was clear that nothing you said had any basis in reality.

    What are the reasons then? I'm guessing you believe there are grounds for legal proceedings, so why do you think the Dems have chosen not to pursue them?
    Well, you say "the dems" but that's not really true since a LOT of dems want pursue an INVESTIGATION. Some of the dems in DC don't want to pursue it because they are more interested in looking like the pitchfork mob repubs of the Clinton years. They like the new power they have and they don't want to do anything that might jeopardize that position.

  8. #448
    Gradualist

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Last Seen
    09-25-17 @ 12:48 PM
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    34,949
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Found this video a little interesting.
    YouTube - Osama Bin Laden Waterboarding Flip-Flop By Rumsfeld


  9. #449
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDemSocialist View Post
    Wow really, you pulled this up for a clip from Rummy?

    Really?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  10. #450
    Sage

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Last Seen
    10-10-16 @ 10:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    6,073

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    CNSNews.com - CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attack on Los Angeles

    I guess this settles the debate on whether or not waterboarding works. Saved lives, caught terrorist. Good thing really.
    This is the same CIA that said Iraq was full of WMDs, right?

Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •