Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 550

Thread: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

  1. #161
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    It does? I'm asking seriously.
    Yes. For example, if a non-citizen comes here and commits a crime, they have the same rights to a trial and council that you have. The reason for this is that the constitution does not apply to citizens, it applies to the federal government. Its a document that specifies what the federal government is allowed to do.

    For example, the government can make no law abridging freedom of speech, press, religion, or assembly.

    No where does it state that restriction only applies to U.S. citizens. The only time the constitution just applies to citizens is when it expressly states it does (such as the qualifications for public office).
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  2. #162
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    More fascinating denial; do tell me what terrorist internees held at Gitmo were captured on US soil and then held on US soil?
    The constitution is a document that limits the powers of the federal government wherever that power is exercised regardless of whether its in Chicago or leased land in Cuba.

    This is patently false with not one factual instance to support it.

    Emotional fabricated arguments not based in facts or historic precedent doesn’t have a place in any honest intellectual debate.
    How is it false? If you allow the government to torture those who are deemed enemies of the state, then what protects anyone from being labeled as an enemy of the state?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  3. #163
    Pragmatist
    SouthernDemocrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    KC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,400

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by sazerac View Post
    Like it would be in our best interest to ignore him? Why would our government not take this very seriously? Maybe decide it's the last straw.
    Because it was coming from one of the most corrupt governments in one of the most corrupt nations on earth.

    Is it in your best interests to ignore a pathological liar?
    "You're the only person that decides how far you'll go and what you're capable of." - Ben Saunders (Explorer and Endurance Athlete)

  4. #164
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    How did that stuff actually work out? Oh yeah.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #165
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Well, I am curious why Americans purposely targeted for the fact that they are Americans should not count in Ikari's and others minds as well.

    But alas, this same fantastical mental state suggests that we will all be safer now that we are attempting to impugn members of the Bush Administration for their efforts to keep us safe, public statements that we will never engage in "nation" building again, public statements that we will never use any "enhanced" interrogation methods to extract information because ANY form of it is inhumane and public statements that we will close Gitmo and try terrorists as common criminals with Constitutional rights.

    Our enemies have to be either laughing at us, or smiling and nodding in quiet agreement with the current naive ignorance that infests our Government these days. A Government that while making life safer for terrorists the world over, also buries us in debt that will prevent us from acting in any event for at least the next ten years!

    You cannot fabricate the level of stupidity these Democrats and this President wallow in to act the way they are acting; and the “unbiased” media continues to fawn over them.
    Can't fabricate the level of stupidity the big government fascists wallow in. To act like we're going to be destroyed by a gust of wind so that they can justify their further expansion.

    The debt thing is funny because while Obama certainly isn't doing anything to curtail it; neither did Bush. We're approaching, what, 1 trillion dollars on Iraq. Yeah...good call.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #166
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    How did that stuff actually work out? Oh yeah.
    We have no idea how it worked out. You don't need WMDs to perform terrorist acts.

    Putin warns Bush that Saddam is planning terrorist attacks. Bush ignores him. Saddam comits terrorist acts against the US.

    The people demand George Bush's head on a platter for ignoring Putin's clear warning.

  7. #167
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Talk about will full denial? Bush was wrong.
    Yes Bush was wrong about this issue; and your point is?

    Bush was wrong, the British and the Russians were wrong, the previous Democrat administration was wrong, and members of congress were wrong; about Saddam’s "reconstituting" his WMD program.

    The facts are they were wrong based on the best intelligence available and Saddam's own admission that he purposely sought to lead everyone to think he had them because he was MORE afraid of the threat from Iran then that of a US led coalition.

    So what is your point? Once again, if you read the Joint Resolution and were better informed, this debate was never JUST about WMDs.

  8. #168
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Because it was coming from one of the most corrupt governments in one of the most corrupt nations on earth.

    Is it in your best interests to ignore a pathological liar?
    Am I reading your statements correctly here and see them as directed at the USA?

    If so, they are beyond patently false; they are incredibly offensive.

  9. #169
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    Yes. For example, if a non-citizen comes here and commits a crime, they have the same rights to a trial and council that you have. The reason for this is that the constitution does not apply to citizens, it applies to the federal government. Its a document that specifies what the federal government is allowed to do.

    For example, the government can make no law abridging freedom of speech, press, religion, or assembly.

    No where does it state that restriction only applies to U.S. citizens. The only time the constitution just applies to citizens is when it expressly states it does (such as the qualifications for public office).
    What does this argument have to do with the thread or the entire debate for that matter? When has this occurred?

  10. #170
    King of Videos
    dirtpoorchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    WA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,006

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    And now we can see where it doesn't work.

    Report: Abusive tactics used in effort to find Iraq-al Qaida link

    WASHINGTON — The Bush administration applied relentless pressure on interrogators to use harsh methods on detainees in part to find evidence of cooperation between al Qaida and the late Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's regime, according to a former senior U.S. intelligence official and a former Army psychiatrist.

    Such information would've provided a foundation for one of former President George W. Bush's main arguments for invading Iraq in 2003. In fact, no evidence has ever been found of operational ties between Osama bin Laden's terrorist network and Saddam's regime.
    I'm Finding it Harder to be a Gentleman, White Stripes ~ "You think I care about me and only me. When every girl needs help climbing up a tree."

Page 17 of 55 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •