Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 550

Thread: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Still with the emotional tripe huh. Maybe you can tell me how Iraq was a threat factually to the United States. No? You can't? You'll just make another emotionalized and insulting statement after this? K.
    CNN.com - Russia 'warned U.S. about Saddam' - Jun 18, 2004

    MOSCOW, Russia (CNN) -- Russian intelligence services warned Washington several times that Saddam Hussein's regime planned terrorist attacks against the United States, President Vladimir Putin has said
    Russia Warned U.S. About Iraq, Putin Says (washingtonpost.com)

    Russian President Vladimir Putin said yesterday that his intelligence service had warned the Bush administration before the U.S. invasion of Iraq that Saddam Hussein's government was planning attacks against U.S. targets both inside and outside the country.
    BBC NEWS | Americas | Putin says Iraq planned US attack

    Russian President Vladimir Putin says that after the 9/11 attacks Moscow warned Washington that Saddam Hussein was planning attacks on the US.
    It seems Iraq was a direct threat to the US.

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Still with the emotional tripe huh. Maybe you can tell me how Iraq was a threat factually to the United States. No? You can't? You'll just make another emotionalized and insulting statement after this? K.
    Why do you keep parsing this false argument: "tell me how Iraq was a threat factually to the United States"

    If you were INFORMED and had read the Joint Resolution to go into Iraq, you wouldn't make such factually inept statements.

    Here it is, please read it and become informed and while you are at it, note that out of approximately 1,850 words, a mere 200 refer to WMDs.

    S. J. Res 45 Auhorizing Use of Armed Forces Against Iraq

    That stated, it once again suggests that Saddam Hussein posed no risk to US citizens; that requires willful denial or willful ignorance.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So where are those Iraqi WMD's?
    Still parsing the same old false arguments and Liberal talking points eh? Here's the joint resolution, read it and become informed.

    It contains more than 1,850 words of which a mere 200 plus are devoted to WMDs.

    S. J. Res 45 Auhorizing Use of Armed Forces Against Iraq

  4. #154
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Still parsing the same old false arguments and Liberal talking points eh?
    What is false about asking about the supposed WMD's ?

    Here's the joint resolution, read it and become informed.

    It contains more than 1,850 words of which a mere 200 plus are devoted to WMDs.

    S. J. Res 45 Auhorizing Use of Armed Forces Against Iraq
    Great wonderful let the world deal with it. In the mean time invading Iraq was a strategical error at that time for the USA.

  5. #155
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,974

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Polynikes View Post
    Actually, a U.S Embassy is considered sovereign U.S territory. Therefore, the attacks on our embassies in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya were in fact on U.S soil.
    And as i've said, if you wish to talk about "On American Soil" instead of "Within American Borders" then it STILL fails because we have had attacks on the American Embassy in Iraq since 9/11 by terrorists so if you wish to judge it by that standard than AGAIN, its happened under Bush AND Clinton.

    I swear to god though, you people seem to refuse to actually READ what people write. I will ask again, PLEASE, show me where I said the way Clinton handled things is the better way. Find it for me. I BEG you, please, I'll anxiously wait. Just because I disagree with Mr. V.'s METHOD of coming to his conclussion and disagree with the extent of Mr. V's conclussion does NOT mean that I necessarily AGREE with Clinton's policy.

    No wonder so many of you can't freaking understand that correlation doesn't equal causation, you can't even apply it in every day debating scenarios.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Well if Putin says it, it must be 100% accurate and completely in the US's best interest.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    What is false about asking about the supposed WMD's ?
    Because it presumes that Bush was lying about the belief that Saddam was reconstituting WMDs and the substantive evidence supporting those views which were identical to the previous administration; AND, also presumes that this was the ONLY and primary reason for the invasion. Both of these, of course, are false and only used by rabid partisans attempting to use the issue for divisive partisan political purposes.

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    Great wonderful let the world deal with it. In the mean time invading Iraq was a strategical error at that time for the USA.
    Once again this requires willful denial of what is currently occurring in Iraq and just another of those "because you say it is so."

    I would beg to differ and with time, history will correctly show that Bush's vision was a success and the efforts of Liberal Democrats to de-rail those efforts for purely partisan political purposes were reprehensible and put America at greater risk.

    Again, my prediction is purely hypothetical, but contains more historical factual support than your versions of history.

    I am always fascinated when rabid partisans like yourself vehemently argue that we need to give Obama more time to save the economy before we judge his actions, yet before events unfolded in Iraq, pronounced the efforts of our forces a failure.

    Why do you think that is?

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Well if Putin says it, it must be 100% accurate and completely in the US's best interest.
    That was not the point; but then, you already knew that which is why you avoid any substance.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    New Orleans
    Last Seen
    05-06-11 @ 07:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,082

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    Well if Putin says it, it must be 100% accurate and completely in the US's best interest.
    Like it would be in our best interest to ignore him? Why would our government not take this very seriously? Maybe decide it's the last straw.

  10. #160
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Because it presumes that Bush was lying about the belief that Saddam was reconstituting WMDs
    Talk about will full denial? Bush was wrong.

Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •