Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 550

Thread: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style Attac

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    You don't have to be Christian to learn from Jesus.
    What a fascinating argument coming from someone who doesn't believe in Christianity, thinks abortion on demand is a right and believes that a Government acting to protect it's citizens are indistinguishable from mere animals.

    You can't make this level of BS up folks; I need hip waders here!

  2. #132
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    What a fascinating argument coming from someone who doesn't believe in Christianity, thinks abortion on demand is a right and believes that a Government acting to protect it's citizens are indistinguishable from mere animals.

    You can't make this level of BS up folks; I need hip waders here!
    Wow...hyperbole much? Thanks for showing yourself a liar.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    And you don't seem to get that international law applies to everyone not just U.S. citizens. You also don't seem to get that constitutional protections apply to anyone on U.S. soil, not just U.S. citizens.
    More fascinating denial; do tell me what terrorist internees held at Gitmo were captured on US soil and then held on US soil?


    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernDemocrat View Post
    You also don't seem to get that if you allow the government to torture and deny habeas corpus to anyone it deems as "enemies of the state", that it can do that to anyone, citizen or not, so long as they are deemed "enemies of the state".
    This is patently false with not one factual instance to support it.

    Emotional fabricated arguments not based in facts or historic precedent doesn’t have a place in any honest intellectual debate.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    I said US State soil, you may want to try reading. It's English, it's not tough; you should have learned it already. Your argument is for my safety. Well I'm not in other parts of the world. I live in the United States. My safety is here, thus attacks on US embassies in war zones and hostile countries does nothing towards my safety. Do you even remember your argument against me? You're keeping me safe. US State soil has had 5 terrorist attacks since the 20's. Hardly an epidemic or something I need to worry about.

    So how are you keeping me safe now?
    So you believe that ignoring attacks on US interests and citizens is NONE of our Governments business and will make us safer and not lead to attacks here in the US?

  5. #135
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So you believe that ignoring attacks on US interests and citizens is NONE of our Governments business and will make us safer and not lead to attacks here in the US?
    I don't think Iraq satisfied any of those conditions sufficiently enough to warrant occupation.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  6. #136
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    People forget that once on the soil of a US Embassy, you are ON US Soil.

    outside the walls, no, inside, yes.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    I don't believe in torture techniques generally but if he was stupid enough to say such a thing - what did he expect other than to be repeatedly waterboarded until he talked in that climate and with the awful events of 9/11 still raw in the US mind.

    I'm still not yet going to support waterboarding in general but thinking in terms of having a possible terrorist saying such a thing to his captors certainly makes the argument against getting that information out of him at any cost harder to justify.
    I don't believe anyone, me included, is supporting waterboarding in general. That has NEVER been the argument except from those desperately trying to avoid reality and the facts.

    The issue has always been that there are times when the safety of our citizens is imperiled and that there may be specific instances where these "enhanced" interrogation techniques will save lives and bring terrorist thugs to justice.

    The FACTS suggest that these "enhanced" techniques were used ONLY after careful deliberation and when all others were thought to not be getting results and only used on very few individuals who knowingly had information that could put other citizens at risk.

    What we are seeing from Liberals and Democrats is a willful fabrication of the facts, reality in what appears to be for purely partisan political purposes intended to impugn good men and women of the previous administration. I find these specious attempts beyond contempt and doing NOTHING to make this nation safer.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by talloulou View Post
    This type of thinking ignores a couple of key unavoidable facts. First off we're becoming more and more global. Our economies are interlinked quite heavily and our dependence for resources is all quite interlinked. As we become more global the Earth essentially shrinks in so far as ignoring those folks over there goes.

    Second, we are the world's superpower.

    I understand that many many folks think we should stop involving ourselves in issues around the world, militarily.

    However my response to that would be if we ignore things and wait till it is impossible to ignore them any longer before taking action then we're probably setting our men and women in the military up to fight harder more difficult battles later for the comfort of sticking our heads in the sand in the here and now. Allowing things to fester because they are not our immediate direct problem essentially allows them to grow so that when we are called on -and ultimately we will be- we face just that much bigger of a problem.
    The historic facts/record overwhelmingly supports the above assertions.

  9. #139
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    People forget that once on the soil of a US Embassy, you are ON US Soil.

    outside the walls, no, inside, yes.
    That's why people tend to say US State soil or something similar to differentiate and make clear they are talking of the 50 States. My safety would be concerned with attacks there, not attacks on embassies in war zones or hostile countries.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #140
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: CIA Confirms: Waterboarding 9/11 Mastermind Led to Info that Aborted 9/11-Style A

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    -Translation:
    "Blah blah blah, I'm a partisan hack"

    I get it "Truth" Detector, you can't make logical arguments based in reality. It has to be emotional tripe based off of political propaganda.

    You're keeping me safe...yeah right. How? By enacting law which goes against my liberty? By wasting a near trillion of my money to fight occupational wars? By sacrificing over 4,000 American lives for your delusions of grandure? That's keeping me safe?

    Terrorists were always an outside threat, always will be. They had little to no impact on my safety. FACT, I am more at risk from drunk drivers than I am from terrorists. FACT, the deadliest of all terrorist attacks on US State soil did not kill as many people as cars do in a year. But you want to make believe that taking out Saddam somehow made me safer? It's pathetic head in sand perception and nothing less. Maybe you have to think this way. Maybe you have to believe that what you're doing is for the better cause. Because to acknowledge how the military has been misused and mishandled in the Iraq war means that the government you defend so much thought nothing of the sacrifice, resolve, and commitment of its soldiers. And so it must be me, the individual out side of the government, who is wrong and not the government itself. Because the government will always honor your commitment. Maybe that's what goes through your head, I don't know for sure. What I do know for sure is that Iraq had 0 to do with my safety. It was certainly used as an excuse by the government to usurp my liberty, but my safety has not been increased.
    What irony reading the bolded part of your comments based on the lack of reality, facts and history you exhibit with every post.

Page 14 of 55 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •