Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

  1. #1
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    In what amounts to a scene out of Hollywood's version of executive power, President Obama will convene his first Cabinet meeting this morning and order his department chiefs to immediately cut a combined $100 million from their budgets.

    Like the main character in the fantasy "Dave," Obama appears to be trying to work the nation's books, though the $100 million figure amounts to a drop in the $3.5 trillion bucket given preliminary approval earlier this month by Congress.

    [...]
    Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com

    This is just the beginning. Go O!

  2. #2
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    For more Populist appeal I think Dr. O (sounds better this way) should take a page from Mayor Bloomberg's journal and lower his salary to $1.

    I think he needs to reaffirm that the President Is a public servant .

    Then he should throw a Tea-Party and invite everyone. A big block of cheese will be set outside of the white-house, and will feed us all.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  3. #3
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41,103
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Lol?

    Trillions of wasteful spending, and we're to be excited by this shell game proposal? Seriously?

    I'm not trying to sound overly partisan here but this... this is insulting. It makes me realize how stupid the public is. "Hey, I know we just wasted TRILLIONS of dollars, and have budgets so high that you're grandkids will still be paying off our debt,m but hey look, we're gonna TRY to cut 100,000,000.00 from our budgets! See we get it, we care!"
    Better Living Through Regulation - DNC



  4. #4
    Familiaist


    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    North Carolina
    Last Seen
    11-16-16 @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    7,470

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Lol?

    Trillions of wasteful spending, and we're to be excited by this shell game proposal? Seriously?

    I'm not trying to sound overly partisan here but this... this is insulting. It makes me realize how stupid the public is. "Hey, I know we just wasted TRILLIONS of dollars, and have budgets so high that you're grandkids will still be paying off our debt,m but hey look, we're gonna TRY to cut 100,000,000.00 from our budgets! See we get it, we care!"
    Again Mr. V. I must remind you that you are making an assumption that the dollars spent have gone to waste. That the purpose of the bail out is a no-go. And most of the arguments against the bailout are in spite of the ideals behind the spending, not the actual spending.
    Why you don't apply that here.. I have no idea.
    "I do not underestimate the ability of fanatical groups of terrorists to kill and destroy, but they do not threaten the life of the nation. Whether we would survive Hitler hung in the balance, but there is no doubt that we shall survive al-Qa'ida." -- Lord Hoffmann

  5. #5
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Lol?

    Trillions of wasteful spending, and we're to be excited by this shell game proposal? Seriously?

    I'm not trying to sound overly partisan here but this... this is insulting. It makes me realize how stupid the public is. "Hey, I know we just wasted TRILLIONS of dollars, and have budgets so high that you're grandkids will still be paying off our debt,m but hey look, we're gonna TRY to cut 100,000,000.00 from our budgets! See we get it, we care!"
    Did Obama sit there and write the budget by hand? No. Were some of his ideas incorporated into it? Yes. The good thing is that Obama's cutting through the bureaucracy where he has the power as the president. I recommend you take your grievances regarding the budget to your local Congressman.

  6. #6
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    40,826

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Did Obama sit there and write the budget by hand? No. Were some of his ideas incorporated into it? Yes. The good thing is that Obama's cutting through the bureaucracy where he has the power as the president. I recommend you take your grievances regarding the budget to your local Congressman.
    If Obama signs spending bills, then he is just as culpable as Congress. I bashed the crap out of Bush for signing the same kind of crap. Now it's Obama's turn. Too bad your side doesn't feel the same way. I remember LOTS of Liberals bashing Bush on spending, and now they giving Obama a free pass for doing the exact same thing.

    Hypocrisy is not a friend of just one side here, is it?
    Last edited by danarhea; 04-20-09 at 12:24 PM.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  7. #7
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 08:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    If Obama signs spending bills, then he is just as culpable as Congress. I bashed the crap out of Bush for signing the same kind of crap. Now it's Obama's turn. Too bad your side doesn't feel the same way. I remember LOTS of Liberals bashing Bush on spending, and now they giving Obama a free pass for doing the exact same thing.

    Hypocrisy is not a friend of just one side here, is it?
    Who's "my side?" Are you accusing me of being a liberal Democrat? We'll see what happens when it gets to Obama's desk. I suspect he will sign it, because not doing so will give the Republicans a lot of power. A Republican president would do the same thing.

  8. #8
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-16-18 @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    3.5 trillion - 100 milliom = ???? anyone?
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41,103
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Enemy View Post
    Again Mr. V. I must remind you that you are making an assumption that the dollars spent have gone to waste. That the purpose of the bail out is a no-go. And most of the arguments against the bailout are in spite of the ideals behind the spending, not the actual spending.
    Why you don't apply that here.. I have no idea.
    Go check out Murtha's airport in Pennsylvania. Tell me that's not wasteful, by the way, their getting a new runway thanks to that Bill Obama signed..
    Better Living Through Regulation - DNC



  10. #10
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    05-17-18 @ 10:11 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    31,424

    Re: Obama Seeks $100M Budget Trim From Cabinet

    So, Obama trims 1/35,000 from the budget and he's a fiscal hero?
    It's not "tolerance" if you already approve of what you purport to "tolerate."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •