Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 133

Thread: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

  1. #61
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Muslims nuking Muslims is completely unheard of. It took us huge amounts of effort to get Syria in on the Desert storm. Thinking that a Muslim nation will without thought nuke what amounts to another Muslim nation (fallout anyone?) is rather short sighted. Iran likes to say it is the protector of Islam. Deliberately murdering a million fellow Muslims not to mention millions more from fallout and decimating their chances to return to their land does nothing to help Iran's cause.
    Arabness/Islam didn't stop Nasser from gassing arabs/muslims in Yemen. Arabness/Islam didn't stop Jordan from massacring arab/muslim Palestinians. What makes you so sure Iran is SO different? Islam is but a facade for Iran's goals. Its a rallying cry for the ignorant. When the Palestinians are no longer of political use they will be discarded by the Iranians.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  2. #62
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    1.) Iran is NOT run by RATIONAL people!!!! Who told you those lies?
    Celtic lord failed to answer this question, so I'll ask it of you. How many crazy people run cost vs benefit economic analysis for development projects?

    2.) Iran is governed by a blood-thirsty islam-o-facist theocracy that has no problem funneling weapons through Syria to its terrorist proxies in Lebanon and Palestine. IF THEY WILL SEND CONVENTIONAL WEAPONS TO THEIR BUDDIES YOU CAN BET YOUR ASS THEY WILL SEND LOW YEILD NUCLEAR WEAPONS TO THEIR BUDDIES IN PALESTINE AND LEBANON.
    One has to wonder if you're joking. Furthermore, sending shaped charges is very different then sending a nuclear weapon. Not all weapons are the same. Furthermore, in previous threads I asked you why Iran never gives terrorists its top line weapons. You never replied to that. What makes you think that Iran will suddenly give the pinnacle of its arsenal to people it cannot control when it won't even give them advanced weapons? Hell, Qud soldiers have been caught supervising terrorists using mundane weapons. The idea that Iran will let go of control is something completely unprecedented. Furthermore, as asked before and as you ignored again, if they were so bloody thirsty, why are there still Jews in Iran? Most likely, you'll ignore that question as you did in the past because it's easier to pretend it doesn't exist then actually examine your beliefs. In many ways, you're a literal creationist. Stick to what you believe reject all that seems different.

    3.) You know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the politics of the middle east. You are SERIOUS deluded if you think the government of Iran can be trusted with anything more powerful than a sling-shot.
    Ah, another of Vader's "You're wrong because I say so, never mind I have nothing to support my arguments."

    Try again. If you can.

    4.) The number of jews in Iran is irrelevant. We're not discussing Iranian jews and you need to stop attempting to hijack this thread.
    Actually it is relevant to the issue. You just, as in the past, wish to pretend it does not exist because it throws a monkey wrench the size of the Sun into your argument.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  3. #63
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    In other words, the IAEA now admits that it has lost control and cannot verify what Iran is doing.
    Wouldn't be the first time. Nor the last. Frankly, at this point, no one can be trusted especially after South Korea's small sample infraction. If a country like South Korea could get away with that for years, who knows what else is going on.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  4. #64
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    Arabness/Islam didn't stop Nasser from gassing arabs/muslims in Yemen. Arabness/Islam didn't stop Jordan from massacring arab/muslim Palestinians.
    Except as noted before, you ignored a key argument I made to suit your argument. I specifically noted and you specifically ignored, how Iran gains credibility from its alleged protector of Islam and of the Palestinians. The two examples you cited were of somewhat secular Arabs killing those who were rising up against them. Those are very much different from Iran who would be killing those it constantly claims to be helping not to mention use as a moral club against Israel. No nation on Earth deliberately destroys something that gives it legitimacy. Do you really think Iran would murder those it uses as a reason why Israel is evil?

    What makes you so sure Iran is SO different? Islam is but a facade for Iran's goals. Its a rallying cry for the ignorant. When the Palestinians are no longer of political use they will be discarded by the Iranians.
    Iran, unlike Yemen and Jordan, isn't facing an uprising or at least a rejection of state power. While you are correct that Arab leaders in the past have massacred fellow Arabs and Muslims, they only do so because they pose a threat to the state's power. This is clearly not the case with Iran.

    Perhaps you are right when they are of no political use they will be discarded, but that time is not now and murdering a millions of them will set back Iran's goals and completely remove any support from them from the rest of the world.
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  5. #65
    Equal Opportunity Hater
    obvious Child's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    0.0, -2.3 on the Political Compass
    Last Seen
    12-09-14 @ 11:36 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    19,883

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Children with keyboards....that should be obvious.
    You seem unable to answer the question.

    So I'll repeat it. What is more dangerous, Iran with a nuke or everyone in the Middle East with a nuke?
    "If your opponent is of choleric temperament, seek to irritate him." - Sun Tzu

  6. #66
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    You call it trolling --

    Most people here see it as me calling you and your outrageous pro-terrorist rhetoric.
    I doubt that.

    Your posts make no sense.
    Last edited by Wessexman; 04-21-09 at 12:03 AM.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  7. #67
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Tashah View Post
    You're dead wrong. It is much easier and faster to enrich LEU uranium than beginning at step one with raw reactor by-products.
    He did not say otherwise, he simply maintained that it is still quite a way from a bomb.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  8. #68
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Chicago
    Last Seen
    04-02-15 @ 06:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    8,211

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    And Iran's air defenses are far superior than Iraq's was. Actually making into Iranian air space, deep into their air space, avoiding interceptors and SAMs and then delivering sufficiently large weapons to to underground facilities to stop them is fantasy land.
    You have proof of this?

  9. #69
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Except as noted before, you ignored a key argument I made to suit your argument. I specifically noted and you specifically ignored, how Iran gains credibility from its alleged protector of Islam and of the Palestinians. The two examples you cited were of somewhat secular Arabs killing those who were rising up against them. Those are very much different from Iran who would be killing those it constantly claims to be helping not to mention use as a moral club against Israel. No nation on Earth deliberately destroys something that gives it legitimacy. Do you really think Iran would murder those it uses as a reason why Israel is evil?
    Obviously Iran or any other country would not do such a thing unless it had reason to. I find it highly unlikely that Iran would target Palestinians for any reason in the foreseeable future. I also find it highly unlikely Iran will nuke Israel unprovoked. But, in the extremely unlikely chance that they do a first strike I'm sure the "sacrifice" of Muslims who were killed in the collateral damage could be spun in some manner.

    Personally I think Iran is merely positioning itself to quickly create nuclear weapons if the international community displays an attitude of indifference or if Iran can feel it can justify such a move due to "Western/Israeli/etc aggression" or some other issue. After all, as Korea has shown the nuclear deterrent is a free pass to concessions and respect from a impotent UN and international community.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Iran, unlike Yemen and Jordan, isn't facing an uprising or at least a rejection of state power. While you are correct that Arab leaders in the past have massacred fellow Arabs and Muslims, they only do so because they pose a threat to the state's power. This is clearly not the case with Iran.
    Its got NOTHING to do with uprisings. Its merely that Arabism and Islam are not a binding force in the MidEast against anything but Infidels and Crusaders.

    Quote Originally Posted by obvious Child View Post
    Perhaps you are right when they are of no political use they will be discarded, but that time is not now and murdering a millions of them will set back Iran's goals and completely remove any support from them from the rest of the world.
    My point wasn't that Iran would do it. My point was that Islamic unity is a facade. Not to say that its inconsequential but its simply not some ubiquitous binding force in the Islamic world as history has clearly shown.
    Last edited by scourge99; 04-21-09 at 01:20 AM.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  10. #70
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    You have proof of this?
    Are you kidding?

    America and Russia probably have the best anti-air defense systems in the world. Who is Russia's leading buyer of surface-to-air missiles and other anti-aircraft systems? Iran. Especially in the past decade, we've seen very close relations with Iran and Russia.

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •