Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 133

Thread: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

  1. #111
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    Iran threatens Israel at virtually every public speaking event.

    That being said. More recently they threatened each other.

    "Should Israel take any action against Iran, we will eliminate Israel from the scene of the universe," Gen. Muhammad Reza Ashtiani said in Teheran on Tuesday.

    Ashtiani's statement followed Infrastructure Minister Binyamin Ben-Eliezer's comment last week warning Iran that any attack on Israel would result in the "destruction of the Iranian nation."
    So......do you think israel could or could not defeat Iran without Western Aid?

  2. #112
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,301

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    again u take what i say out of context. They would gladly draw up these forces over time to strike back. You severly underestimate them.
    And in 1885 people thought space travel was "ridiculous".
    I thought then didn't matter, only now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #113
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    To your fisrt point. It does not damage my argument. The past (especially the distant past) has no bearig on present strength.
    the point is that superior numbers is not as great of an advantage as it used to be and in fact continues to diminish as made apparent by all modern conflicts.

    Second, They would involve themselves to protect the HUGE profits they earn from arms sells and to protect their oil imports.
    HA! If anything they'd love a war. More arms purchases and cheaper oil. They'd only do enough to ensure Iran didn't become a puppet gov't that oppossed them.

    And also to defeat the only real Middle Eastern US ally.
    china and russia don't give two ****s about Israel on way or the other except as a political chess piece. Israel poses zero threat to them.

    Third, check your stats. They are inaccurate. The IDF does not support such large troop numbers.
    mine comes from CIA assesment. Where did you get your magic numbers?

    And much of what they do support (excluding the Israeli Army, Israeli Air Force and Israeli Sea Corps) are poorly train troops, barely above militia grade.
    according to who? You may want to talk to a few of our members here who were part of the IDF. I think you are simply flat out making **** up to support your argument now. Are you a liar? Prove it then.

    Though granted Iran has much of the same problem, they have more of these troops. How can Israel overcome 11 million Basij? They cannot.
    goodluck getting that many people transported. Even modern day european militaries can hardly extend their influence beyond their borders in any significant numbers. Its a tactical and logistical nightmare.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #114
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by scourge99 View Post
    the point is that superior numbers is not as great of an advantage as it used to be and in fact continues to diminish as made apparent by all modern conflicts.

    HA! If anything they'd love a war. More arms purchases and cheaper oil. They'd only do enough to ensure Iran didn't become a puppet gov't that oppossed them.

    china and russia don't give two ****s about Israel on way or the other except as a political chess piece. Israel poses zero threat to them.

    mine comes from CIA assesment. Where did you get your magic numbers?

    according to who? You may want to talk to a few of our members here who were part of the IDF. I think you are simply flat out making **** up to support your argument now. Are you a liar? Prove it then.

    goodluck getting that many people transported. Even modern day european militaries can hardly extend their influence beyond their borders in any significant numbers. Its a tactical and logistical nightmare.
    It is made apparent because U.S. troops are the best train end equiped soliders in history. Obviously they can defeat superior numbers.

    War does ensure cheaper prices and more sales. BUT if Iran should fall, the profits they make on weapons would severly drop.

    my stats come from Globalsecurity.org
    and sorry to rain on your nationalistic parade but the United States is largely sucessful in this. Proved by the fact that their only significant military defeat in their history was Veitnam.
    And you said yourself Israel has nukes. This makes them a threat. As does "their well-train air force the IAF".

  5. #115
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    also i wouldnt make stuff up.
    if i believed myself to be defeated in this argument i would admit it.

  6. #116
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,455

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    So......do you think israel could or could not defeat Iran without Western Aid?
    If Iran has nukes...no.

    Iran without nukes. Yes.

    Iran has a larger army and navy.

    Quality is lower but numbers can still be telling.
    Thank you

  7. #117
    Student Maxientius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    The United States of America
    Last Seen
    03-15-12 @ 02:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    207

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by akyron View Post
    If Iran has nukes...no.

    Iran without nukes. Yes.
    And.....why exactly could Israel defeat an Iran with nukes but not one without them????

  8. #118
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    It is made apparent because U.S. troops are the best train end equiped soliders in history. Obviously they can defeat superior numbers.
    then what happened during the 6 day war and yom kippur war? Outnumbered by more than 2:1. You simply dismiss the history that doesn't chime with your argument.

    War does ensure cheaper prices and more sales. BUT if Iran should fall, the profits they make on weapons would severly drop.
    Israel would likely not invade. Iran would only fall from social revolt.

    my stats come from Globalsecurity.org
    Link to it.

    Mine: google cia factbook israel
    (I can't link cuz I'm posting by phone)

    Wiki confirms.

    and sorry to rain on your nationalistic parade but the United States is largely sucessful in this. Proved by the fact that their only significant military defeat in their history was Veitnam.
    what are you responding to?

    And you said yourself Israel has nukes. This makes them a threat. As does "their well-train air force the IAF".
    So that means Russia and China will attack Israel if Israel gets into a fight with Iran? wow, your arguments are getting more and morw speculative with less and less substantiation.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  9. #119
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    01-26-14 @ 01:29 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,216

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    I'm curious why no one has brought up that a preemptive strike on Iran by Israel, would not only bring Iran into war against Israel, but all the other insurgent factions who are constantly firing rockets into Israel.

    You'd have Hezbollah, Hamas, Radical Fatah militants, Islamic Jihad militants, etc. all in close proximity to Israel that would create more damage to it from multiple fronts, instead of just from one with Iran.

    Both sides are over and underestimating each other side, with no accountablitiy of relevant circumstances.

    And don't even get me started on how many other countries will be pressured to do 'something' to secure 'national interests' when Iran begins to mobilize in the Strait of Hormuz.

  10. #120
    Sage
    akyron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    6,455

    Re: Israel stands ready to bomb Iran's nuclear sites

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxientius View Post
    And.....why exactly could Israel defeat an Iran with nukes but not one without them????
    Opposite day?

    They could probably defeat them either way. Having the first strike is always better though.
    Thank you

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •