Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 118

Thread: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

  1. #81
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    On the contrary -- I am arguing the argument as it was originally argued.
    You simply do not understand the argument.

    To wit:


    Not in the context discussed here.
    If you understood the argument you would understand that.


    On the contrary -- WHY he did it certainly does matter.

    As I said -- massah didnt stop beating you because he thought it was the right thing to do, he did it because he didnt wan to get cut off.


    And rightly so -- unless, of course, you think there's nothing wrong with putting aside 'the right thing to do' in orfer to preserve their power -- that is, unless you think there is nothing wrong with an elected official doing what he thinks is best for himself rather than doing what he thinks is best for the country.

    Do you or do you not think there is nothing wrong with an elected official doing what he thinks is best for himself rather than doing what he thinks is best for the country?


    A remarkable comment, from someone that doesnt understand what's being argued, or why.


    Not in the context discussed here.
    If you understood the argument you would understand that.


    You dont understand the context of my statement. At this point, this misunderstanding may well be deliberate in order to prevent you from losing face.

    The point I have ALWAYS made here is in regards to the motivation behind the actions, deciding to chose 'the preservation of political power' over 'the right thing to do'. In this context, the person making the choice defines 'the right thing to do'.

    For GWB, the 'right thing to do' was to stay the course in Iraq. He chose this over the preservation of political power as he knew the choice to stay was unpopular and would most certainly cost him politically.

    If you understood the argument -- and/or if you actually paid attention -- you would understand that.

    But, you dont -- and rather than try to do so, you'll continue to attack me.
    Dont worry -- its expected. I figured you out a long time ago.
    Translation: I didn't mean what I said the way I said it, so here is what I really mean now.

    Yeah okay, whatever you say Goobieman.

    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #82
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Again, you don't like it so you will characterize it to be something other than it really is. Obama is communicating with our enemies, exercising dialog. Why does that frighten you so. If Chavez decided that he liked the U.S. and wanted to forge a good relationship what would your reaction be?
    No need to characterize anything here. The picture speaks for itself.

    Next up, Lerxst and his barrage of "ifs & buts" scenarios"....

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Wrong again silly boy. Obama didn't "exceed" anything. The analysts and operators at the NSA did. For Obama to be complicit here, he would have had to forge policy or actually expand the authority of the NSA in such a way as to directly allow them to exceed legal limits or he would have had to order someone to do it. Nice try.
    "No warrantless wiretaps if you elect me"

    "NSA exceeds legal limits in eavesdropping program"

    Right there, plain English. Obama is CiC, it's his baby.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I did read the written word, and that's what got you tripped up. You aren't really very good at this and it shows.
    The Lerxst Nuh Uh®

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And you keep being a dishonest participant in these discussions. It's what you do.
    No, no dishonesty on my part. I'm providing facts. You keep providing nuh uh's, false assumptions, strawman arguments and your famous band camp ancedotes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    In three and a half months. Your hyperpartisan gland is acting up as evidenced by your projectile vomiting of intellectual turds all over this thread.
    The only gland in this thread is the brown appendage blinding you of the facts as you suckle the sac.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  3. #83
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    No need to characterize anything here. The picture speaks for itself.

    Next up, Lerxst and his barrage of "ifs & buts" scenarios"....
    Not at all sister, but you keep playing the hyperpartisan, you're damn good at it.

    "No warrantless wiretaps if you elect me"

    "NSA exceeds legal limits in eavesdropping program"

    Right there, plain English. Obama is CiC, it's his baby.
    With your "slam Obama at any cost" mentality, I'm sure that makes perfect sense to you. To the reasonably intelligent, it's plain moronic. You said he unrolled an even more vast eavesdropping program. And the above is your evidence.

    As long as the right has people like you on it's side, the left will have no trouble putting it's people in power.


    The Lerxst Nuh Uh®
    Awwww...now we know somebody is out of gas.

    No, no dishonesty on my part. I'm providing facts. You keep providing nuh uh's, false assumptions, strawman arguments and your famous band camp ancedotes.
    Absolute dishonesty on your part. The facts you provided didn't even remotely support your case, just like in the the gay inmate thread you lost your ass in. Which is your M.O. Post links to stuff, misrepresent what is said in the links, get called out on your dishonesty, and then run around whimpering. Your logic is tragically flawed and your research skills suck ass.

    The only gland in this thread is the brown appendage blinding you of the facts as you suckle the sac.
    Uh oh...somebody's jealous...
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #84
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Not at all sister, but you keep playing the hyperpartisan, you're damn good at it.
    No hyperpartisanship here. Just a simple picture of Obama cozying up with Chavez.



    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    With your "slam Obama at any cost" mentality, I'm sure that makes perfect sense to you.
    It's really simple English, but you've got to grasp at something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Awwww...now we know somebody is out of gas.
    Not at all, just amused as you keep coming back with absolutely nothing on topic. Just more personal attacks and false assertions that you've littered this thread with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Absolute dishonesty on your part. The facts you provided didn't even remotely support your case
    Yes, more Lerxst Lies®.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst

    Bush was a two term President because we were at war during his second election.
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt

    Bush was a two term President because he received the needed electorial college votes to win.

    Bush received 271 Electoral College votes.
    Gore received 266 Electoral College votes.

    Bush received 286 Electoral College votes.
    Kerry received 251 Electoral College votes.

    You can certainly offer up your opinion, I'll stick with the facts.
    Dishonesty is synonomous with Lerxst.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Uh oh...somebody's jealous...
    No jealousy here. Very amused that you've completely abandoned your feeble attempt at debate here, and have diverted to your usual tactics of name calling, tantrums and false assertions.
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  5. #85
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,463

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by GottaHurt View Post
    No hyperpartisanship here. Just a simple picture of Obama cozying up with Chavez.





    It's really simple English, but you've got to grasp at something.



    Not at all, just amused as you keep coming back with absolutely nothing on topic. Just more personal attacks and false assertions that you've littered this thread with.



    Yes, more Lerxst Lies®.



    Dishonesty is synonomous with Lerxst.



    No jealousy here. Very amused that you've completely abandoned your feeble attempt at debate here, and have diverted to your usual tactics of name calling, tantrums and false assertions.
    No abandonment of debate at all. I finished with you because all you were doing was repeating your same failed logic and dishonesty. There is a difference. The sport of it all ran out. You began acting like a tool so it was time to treat you like one.

    Now pick up your bottom lip and limp back to the far, far right.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Last Seen
    07-18-09 @ 04:56 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,041

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Well the Strategy has changed to-
    "international concerns in regards to assault type weapons"

    IOW failing domestically they will go non-American. To treaty and such bs.

    My bet is they will try/find a wordage loophole to make production of key parts illegal. Which would simply result in a larger arms market with millions of Americans owning illegal guns.
    AT a time when Mexico looks to be falling into a Civil War of some sorts. Its got everything from drug warlords, indians, to chavez/castro involved...
    Obama(tm) needs to wake up now... or the "war" will be in the SW USA.

  7. #87
    Sexual Deviant
    GottaHurt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    05-07-09 @ 04:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    2,899

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No abandonment of debate at all. I finished with you because all you were doing was repeating your same failed logic and dishonesty. There is a difference. The sport of it all ran out. You began acting like a tool so it was time to treat you like one.

    Now pick up your bottom lip and limp back to the far, far right.
    Run Forrest run...
    Pain can be such a beautiful thing

  8. #88
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Translation: I didn't mean what I said the way I said it, so here is what I really mean now.
    This is you blaming me for your lack of reading comprehenstion skills.

  9. #89
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Again, you don't like it so you will characterize it to be something other than it really is. Obama is communicating with our enemies, exercising dialog. Why does that frighten you so. If Chavez decided that he liked the U.S. and wanted to forge a good relationship what would your reaction be?
    LOL. Chavez does not like the US. That's not going to change. He even called Obama an "ignoramus at best" and said he smelled like George Bush (the "Devil"). Obama's being played like a fiddle, in the typical useful idiot fashion. This photo will serve as propaganda both here in the US and back home in Venezuela and abroad. The obvious question when dealing with Chavez is "what does he want from us?" If the answer is "money," he can go F himself.

    Back when Hitler was busy destroying his democracy in Germany, Western politicians were more than eager to meet with him and shake his hand.



    Hopefully Obama's learning from this experience and wont let it happen again.
    Last edited by BulletWounD; 04-21-09 at 12:28 PM.

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, Calderon is referring to actual investment by private industry in Mexican corporations and manufacturing. In that sense, what he's saying is completely accurate and entirely uncontroversial.
    Nah, we don't need Mexican's unskilled labor. We spend hundreds of billions of dollars on public education just to have our own domestic unskilled labor force.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •