Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 118

Thread: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

  1. #41
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    I am glad to hear this. I've been working with the GOA and NRA to oppose this in every way possible. The AWB was an unnecessary and ineffective law to start with, as well as unConstitutional.

    No question that it is a politically motivated position... I think the Democrat party is learning: gun control is political poison. They started realizing that when they lost the House in 94, in part over the AWB.

    NOW, what I'm wondering is this:

    Calderon claims American "assault" weapons getting into Mexico are a problem.

    SecState Clinton says America's "unsatiable appetite for drugs" is fueling the drug cartels that are all but in civil war against Mexico's excuse-for-a-government.

    WHY is no one renewing calls for a real border fence and border security?



    US-Mexico Border Fence / Great Wall of Mexico

    Eight billion dollars isn't too much for real border security. Our current budget is what, three trillion? 8 Billion would be only 0.2% of our budget. We sent ten billion to Africa in aid recently. I'd think border security would be worth at least that much, since it would theoretically aid both the USA (illegal immigration and cross-border drug smuggling), and Mexico (lost profits for the drug gangs = lost power, and the alleged gun smuggling problem). As a taxpayer I'd gladly shell out eight billion every year for border security...after all it is reasonably considered one of the enumerated powers (defense).

    G.
    Can you imagine what kind of stimulus package that would be?

    A real one
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #42
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm seeing a trend here with He-Man-Obama-Haters-Club. In the face of evidence that contradicts you, just make **** up. A bit risky, but that's your style. Devil may care, freeballin in your Wranglers and Ann Coulter t-shirts.
    You will recall that The Obama did indeed float the idea that there needs to be a reinstatement of the AW ban because, at leat in part, of the crime in Mexico.

    And thus, my statement.

    Well, you;ll recall that if you;re actually interested in being honest.

  3. #43
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Can you imagine what kind of stimulus package that would be?

    A real one
    And one you can be assured most Americans would get behind and applaud the administration for pushing as well. Would be a win/win I think.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #44
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    The majority of congress is looking out for their "future" potential voters. What surprises me is that the pro war crowd has very little, or nothing to say about strengthening our our borders, but can tell you every thing their is to know about terrorism and the middle east

    Our next foreign attack will be born out of our weak border, all while we show up 3 hrs early to the airport and take off our shoes to send through the x ray machine.

    Any bets that a scenario such as this will spark another invasion?
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  5. #45
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    You will recall that The Obama did indeed float the idea that there needs to be a reinstatement of the AW ban because, at leat in part, of the crime in Mexico.

    And thus, my statement.

    Well, you;ll recall that if you;re actually interested in being honest.
    He's backed away from it. I don't know how you guys can take good news like this and turn it into bad news... It's beyond comprehension.

  6. #46
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    He's backed away from it. I don't know how you guys can take good news like this and turn it into bad news... It's beyond comprehension.
    The point -I- made on this subject is that the reason they aren't going forward with it is that they dont want to lose political power, and then that political power is more important to them than the lives to be (supposedly) saved by banning 'assault weapons'.

    Having said that, I am certain that the issue will be addresses by Congress sometime during The Obama administration.

  7. #47
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The point -I- made on this subject is that the reason they aren't going forward with it is that they dont want to lose political power, and then that political power is more important to them than the lives to be (supposedly) saved by banning 'assault weapons'.

    Having said that, I am certain that the issue will be addresses by Congress sometime during The Obama administration.
    Democracies are governed in large part by public opinion. The President is not a dictator, although George Bush may have lead you to believe that.

  8. #48
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    Democracies are governed in large part by public opinion. The President is not a dictator, although George Bush may have lead you to believe that.
    This is true -- however, some people believe in 'doing the right thing' regardless of the political consquences (see: GWB) and other people put 'doing the right thing' behind the retention of political power.

    Of the two, I'll take the former, even if I disagree with them.

    Nice needless dig at GWB, BTW. Perhaps someday a REAL dictator will come along, and you'll see how meolodramatic you really are.

  9. #49
    Educator BulletWounD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    02-17-11 @ 09:06 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    984

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    This is true -- however, some people believe in 'doing the right thing' regardless of the political consquences (see: GWB) and other people put 'doing the right thing' behind the retention of political power.

    Of the two, I'll take the former, even if I disagree with them.

    Nice needless dig at GWB, BTW. Perhaps someday a REAL dictator will come along, and you'll see how meolodramatic you really are.
    George Bush fulfilled his purpose. Thank God he's gone.

  10. #50
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Obama Backs Away From Assault Gun Ban in Push to Stop Flow to Mexico

    Quote Originally Posted by BulletWounD View Post
    George Bush fulfilled his purpose. Thank God he's gone.
    Good, then you can stop talking about Bush now.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •