Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 141

Thread: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

  1. #81
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,459
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And I'll agree with you. The MSM has does exhibit a favored son with regard to giving Obama much more breathing room on his gaffes. Neither fair nor balanced.

    But...we were talking about Palin I think.

    What gaffes? Yeah, the Obama 57 states was a gaffe. Every knew that, so why make a big deal (unless you're a partisan). As if Obama really thought the US had 57 states, so why harp?.

    Cue to Palin. As far as I know, she's defended everything she has said, including the Russia comments.

    THAT is the difference.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  2. #82
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    What gaffes? Yeah, the Obama 57 states was a gaffe. Every knew that, so why make a big deal (unless you're a partisan). As if Obama really thought the US had 57 states, so why harp?.

    Cue to Palin. As far as I know, she's defended everything she has said, including the Russia comments.

    THAT is the difference.
    The difference with Obama and Palin in this regard is that she just seemed so much like a deer caught in the headlights, unprepared, and not very convincing when she got her do-overs.

    Here is some of what I found about Obama gaffes.

    Huh? Barack Obama Gaffes.
    Obama Gaffes from Michelle Malkin's Website.

    Although I think the guy HMSFox on Youtube is actually Truth Detector. Just read the info section and you'll see what I'm getting at.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9hZpJp7U3Y"]YouTube - Obama's Gaffes[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap2Cg_FDRy4"]YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania I - Dumber than Dumb[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5R6kVry4_c"]YouTube - Barack Obama - Gaffe Mania II - Hero of the Stupid[/ame]
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #83
    Sage
    Hatuey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    42,089

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Some environmentalists fight against global warming and wish for society damaging actions to be taken to fight against it because mother earth or gaia is a tangible spirit and entity that physically is pained and killed by drilling and other things assossiated with it. Naturally, is there any doubt that all that democrats are pushing Global Warming only because they feel the earth is a god like being that is being damaged and killed by our acts?
    And yet that's got absolutely nothing to do with what I said. I don't deny that the majority of environmentalists argue against killing a bunch of chickens from a purely emotional perspective. Do you?

    Some people are against abortion due to the religious reasons, others are not. Yes, religious people are trying to push their views on the issue into law. Likewise, non-religious people are wishing their view pushed on.
    What bull****. I'm not pushing any one to get an abortion if they don't want one. If anything I do not care about your religious beliefs. Thus why I could care less what you do with them as long as they do not infringe on my life.

    You may say "well, its not THEIR body, its not forcing them to do it", however they view it as a human just as the others view it just as a fetus. As such, the wanton killing of a human without cause is a societal issue and does affect others, just as murder does. I hate this idiotic feeling that religious people can't vote their consicious in regards to societal issues and yet anti-religious people can do it without any issue. The consitution states there's no establishing a state religion, I see no where that it states that a citizen can not cast their vote or push for laws based on their beliefs and morals that were created due to religion.
    Is an egg a chicken? No. Thanks for answerings. Your argument justifies Jim Crow laws, eugenics etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    No, YOU did. I highly doubt she thinks of her beautiful son as a "retard." She's not a scum bag. Ask any DECENT mother of a special needs child if they think their child is perfect, and they will beam and say, "yes." If you think they are less, you would be wrong and no one I would want my child to emulate.

    For someone who sees prejudice around every corner, you sure aren't terribly tolerant of those different from you (assuming you're not retarded).
    Actually she did :

    https://www.cu.edu/siesymposium/abst...zRabstract.pdf

    Down syndrome (DS) is the most frequent form of mental retardation caused by a visible chromosomal aberration, ~97% of cases resulting from trisomy 21. In addition to the classical clinical features, patients with DS also have elevated frequencies of several autoimmune diseases, including autoimmune thyroid disease (DS 37-55%; population freq. ~1.9%), celiac disease (DS 5-43%; population freq. ~0.4%), type 1 diabetes mellitus [IDDM] (DS 1.4-10.6%; population freq. ~0.5%), alopecia areata (DS 6-10%; population frequency ~1.7%, and vitiligo (DS 2%; population freq. ~0.38%).
    Do you want to try this again? Down Syndrome is a form of mental retardation. Thus why I asked if she called God a retard(in the image of God).

    Quote Originally Posted by TD
    Why do you think it has to be for purely religious beliefs? Perhaps it is based on moral beliefs.
    And you buy that her moral moral beliefs do not come from her religion?

    Quote Originally Posted by TD
    Why do you think it is okay to argue FOR killing a human being, but bad to argue for their lives? Why is abortion/killing a better option than choosing life?
    Actually. I don't care what you do to human beings. Fetuses are not human beings the way acorns are not trees and eggs are not chickens.

    I am not religious; I don't attend a church; I am not a member of a church; but I do believe that on demand abortion is an abomination and that there are MUCH better choices for dealing with unwanted pregnancy than aborting a living being.
    And because of your opinion which is grounded in your beliefs you believe you should be allowed to tell people what to do. How communist of you .

    I am hardly surprised to see you laughing and thinking this debate is a BIG joke. Apparently morality and life is something you find amusing and to be mocked. Others take it much more serious and act in a more mature manner when discussing it
    I'm about to go smoke weed out of a fetus carcass. Want to join me?
    I refuse to accept the view that mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a reality. - MLK

  4. #84
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    Aps, the amnio and other tests (OMG, it's been so long that I forgot what those tests are called) are not just about determining whether or not to terminate. As it was explained to me, my OB urged me to have testing done because if they know of an issue, the appropriate drs will be available during/after delivery. There are no guarantees that certain specialists will be on call at 3 am. One of our tests determined a problem, and we were able to meet with a specialist to determine the best medical course of action before our child was born. She showed up to examine him shortly after he was born. If we had been faced with those surprises after a 34 hour labor, I doubt either of us would have made smart decisions. I know for a fact that specialist would not have been there right after birth.

    I felt like you. When presented with the choice of testing, my reaction was, "It doesn't matter because we would never terminate," but I learned that it's also about healing and sometimes life saving.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    We are against Abortion, but had the full genetic counseling. Why would one not want to be prepared and have all the information possible?
    That makes sense. I hadn't thought of it that way.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And less than impressive. Responding to a question regarding how the proximity of her state gives her any insight into Russian actions with "they're our neighbors" and "you can see parts of Russia from Alaska" is not an appropriate answer to give. You can't defend that. She had no good answer. Simple...oh yeah, real simple.


    Hardly. When you are running for the number two spot in this nation and you provide answers to questions that make no sense you shouldn't expect any quarter. She deserved criticism over her answers. Just like McCain deserved his, just like Obama deserved his, just like Biden deserved his.

    Now, back to this MSM falsifying comments and attributing them to her. If we are going to count OEN, SNL, and DP posters as MSM then let me know. Because I think we all need to form some kind of writers guild here and renegotiate our compensation schedule with the networks.

    This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Stop and use that head of yours for something besides a hat rack for a second.

    What do you think sharing visual contact across prime fishing waters with our cold war rival means? To me, it goes without saying and I don't need Sarah to spoon feed me the answer to that question. I wonder if its the same for her detractors.

  6. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    That makes sense. I hadn't thought of it that way.
    That is one of the things I respect in people; the ability to confess that there is a different view and to acknowledge it respectfully. Kudos to you.

  7. #87
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    This is EXACTLY what I am talking about. Stop and use that head of yours for something besides a hat rack for a second.

    What do you think sharing visual contact across prime fishing waters with our cold war rival means? To me, it goes without saying and I don't need Sarah to spoon feed me the answer to that question. I wonder if its the same for her detractors.
    Then you and I are in absolute disagreement here. I believe I am a very apt student of political matters, and especially with regard to Cold War and national security topics. And you know what, maybe she needs to spoon feed that stuff to me because she sure as hell didn't enlighten anyone with her responses. Sharing visual contact across prime fishing waters with a foreign nation, for less than 24 months as Governor, is not a national security qualifier and offers very little insight into Russian actions (one of the main topics at that time was the conflict between Russia and Georgia). She was in the national spotlight and given an opportunity to spell out her foreign policy experience and she did a very poor job of it. Those qualifications were being solicited by the media because she was running mate on a presidential ticket.

    Maybe you should go ahead and school me on this. How does that translate into her specific qualifications? What did she actually do in regards to participating in the formulation of policy towards Russia or homeland security/national security matters? I've asked this before and never gotten a clear answer.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #88
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    ....for less than 24 months as Governor, is not a national security qualifier and offers very little insight into Russian actions (one of the main topics at that time was the conflict between Russia and Georgia). She was in the national spotlight and given an opportunity to spell out her foreign policy experience and she did a very poor job of it. Those qualifications were being solicited by the media because she was running mate on a presidential ticket.

    Maybe you should go ahead and school me on this. How does that translate into her specific qualifications? What did she actually do in regards to participating in the formulation of policy towards Russia or homeland security/national security matters? I've asked this before and never gotten a clear answer.
    This is quite stunning coming from someone who supported for President a Junior Senator from Illinois and who's main experience was Community Organizer; someone who had LESS experience in running Government than Palin who was only a VP candidate and who's foreign policy is naive at best, dangerous at it's worst.

    The irony of such arguments can only be comprehended by those who do not wallow in denial or so willingly suspend their disbelief.
    Last edited by Truth Detector; 04-19-09 at 08:38 PM.

  9. #89
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Then you and I are in absolute disagreement here. I believe I am a very apt student of political matters, and especially with regard to Cold War and national security topics. And you know what, maybe she needs to spoon feed that stuff to me because she sure as hell didn't enlighten anyone with her responses. Sharing visual contact across prime fishing waters with a foreign nation, for less than 24 months as Governor, is not a national security qualifier and offers very little insight into Russian actions (one of the main topics at that time was the conflict between Russia and Georgia). She was in the national spotlight and given an opportunity to spell out her foreign policy experience and she did a very poor job of it. Those qualifications were being solicited by the media because she was running mate on a presidential ticket.

    Maybe you should go ahead and school me on this. How does that translate into her specific qualifications? What did she actually do in regards to participating in the formulation of policy towards Russia or homeland security/national security matters? I've asked this before and never gotten a clear answer.
    Well let's start by being in constant vigilance and negotiation over fishing dominance in the area. Then let's talk about needing to have a clear action plan in the event of conflict with Russia because Alaska sits on a good many nuclear missile launch sites. Then let's move on to trade issues with Russia since almost every vessel that sets out from Alaska moves through Russian waters on the way to Japan.

    Yeah, the fed takes care of a lot of the particulars on all that, but you can't possibly be so daft as to believe that the GOVERNOR of Alaska isn't privy to and permitted input into all this.

    The question that has burned in the back of my mind all this time is "What foreign policy experience did a junior senator from Illinois who only served 20 something weeks active in the Senate have?" No one has ever answered that question sufficiently to me, either. So spoon feed THAT to me because it escapes my grasp to this day.

    Wait, no it doesn't. The way he is going about things now tells me "none" is the answer to that.

  10. #90
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    This is quite stunning coming from someone who supported for President a Junior Senator from Illinois and who's main experience was Community Organizer; someone who had LESS experience in running Government than Palin who was only a VP candidate and who's foreign policy is naive at best, dangerous at it's worst.

    The irony of such arguments can only be comprehended by those who do not wallow in denial or so willingly suspend their disbelief.
    In other words you can't really address the subject other than to divert, like others have, to Obama. Typical but fair enough. Maybe you should take a lesson from jallman and instead of coming in here and ****ting the conversation up, take up the debate with information you actually use to form an opinion about Sarah Palin.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •