Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 141

Thread: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

  1. #131
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    Oh don't be silly. The issue of abortion is whether a fetus is a person, it is an entirely different issue to gun rights.
    I'm not the one who brought up the comparison. It was Rev, I was just responding to the comparison. I appreciate your attention to detail though.

    *insert profound statement here*

  2. #132
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Pro-Abortion.


    You support her choice to get an abortion.


    I am pro gun.

    I support your RIGHT to own a gun.


    Pro-choice is like the way we use the word fetus. To dehumanize the act.


    If I was "pro-choice" and someone said to me I was "pro-abortion", I would say "yeah so"?


    The fact that you all have a problem with that term, to me, means that some little sliver inside you all, know its wrong. I call that. *Hope*.
    I agree with jallman's post, although I do not genuinely think you are intentionally being dishonest. Thanks for explaining your logic. But, come on....no one can describe me as being pro-abortion. I could never undergo one unless my health was at risk (and even then, I cannot be positive). I could never recommend a person to undergo one. Rather, I would let them know how much richer my life is for having had a child.
    Last edited by aps; 04-22-09 at 04:35 AM.

  3. #133
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm not the one who brought up the comparison. It was Rev, I was just responding to the comparison. I appreciate your attention to detail though.

    I know. I was responding to your response and your ideas on the comparison but whatever.
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

  4. #134
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I agree with jallman's post, although I do not genuinely think you are intentionally being dishonest. Thanks for explaining your logic. But, come on....no one can describe me as being pro-abortion. I could never undergo one unless my health was at risk (and even then, I cannot be positive). I could never recommend a person to undergo one. Rather, I would let them know how much richer my life is for having had a child.


    How can one be "unintentionally" honest?


    I thanked you because I appreciate your post. I have my opinion on this, and it would be dishonest of me if I sugar coated it.


    I think pro-choice is an ambiguous term, and I think the argument that a "fetus" is somehow different than a human life, is what is dishonest, imo.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #135
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    How can one be "unintentionally" honest?


    I thanked you because I appreciate your post. I have my opinion on this, and it would be dishonest of me if I sugar coated it.


    I think pro-choice is an ambiguous term, and I think the argument that a "fetus" is somehow different than a human life, is what is dishonest, imo.
    I think your rationale is dishonest in the sense that it isn't rational (MY opinion), but I don't think you have any sort of dishonesty in forming your opinion, if that makes sense. That's what I mean by unintentionally dishonest.

  6. #136
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I think your rationale is dishonest in the sense that it isn't rational (MY opinion), but I don't think you have any sort of dishonesty in forming your opinion, if that makes sense. That's what I mean by unintentionally dishonest.



    I think that is a difference of opinion not dishonesty by either of us.


    Let me throw this out as well.


    "pro-life" is ambiguous as well. I just posted in another thread, how I support terrorists being killed. How can I call myself "pro-life" then?


    I think both sides have taken ambiguous words here now that I think about it.


    "pro-abortion" "anti-abortion" seems better to me. perhaps, "pro-abortion choice" or "anti-abortion choice" would be more apt.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post

    "pro-life" is ambiguous as well. I just posted in another thread, how I support terrorists being killed. How can I call myself "pro-life" then?


    I think both sides have taken ambiguous words here now that I think about it.


    "pro-abortion" "anti-abortion" seems better to me. perhaps, "pro-abortion choice" or "anti-abortion choice" would be more apt.
    I don't think such semantic somersaults are necessary when you have two adults discussing a topic with dedication to honesty. When I say I am prochoice, you know exactly what that means and when you say you are prolife, I know exactly what you mean.

  8. #138
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,767

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    I don't think such semantic somersaults are necessary when you have two adults discussing a topic with dedication to honesty. When I say I am prochoice, you know exactly what that means and when you say you are prolife, I know exactly what you mean.


    meh, that is the reality of it true. however i find the "pro-choice" label as inaccurate and prefer to call thing as I see em. that is all nothing more nothing less. I don't expect anyone to change. People should not expect me to either. After all to me, we are talking about killing a human life.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #139
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,483

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    I know. I was responding to your response and your ideas on the comparison but whatever.
    Well then let's keep things in context. We were talking about the semantic involved, not the core issues. Geesh.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #140
    Dorset Patriot
    Wessexman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney, Australia(but my heart is back in Dorset.)
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 04:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    8,468

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Well then let's keep things in context. We were talking about the semantic involved, not the core issues. Geesh.
    Yes but you allowed me to glimpse you view point, I didn't know it was off-limits. Jees
    "It is written in the eternal constitution that men of intemperate minds cannot be free. Their passions forge their fetters." - Edmund Burke

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •