Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 141

Thread: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

  1. #101
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    What I find so fascinating is how the op-ed piece takes the tone that Palin is somehow extreme in her pro-life stance and she's just not. She's pro-life. She believes the fetus has a right to life and that to abort is murder. Lots and lots of people think like she does.



    I find it amazing that those of us on the side of life are considered the extremists
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #102
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,940

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    What I find so fascinating is how the op-ed piece takes the tone that Palin is somehow extreme in her pro-life stance and she's just not. She's pro-life. She believes the fetus has a right to life and that to abort is murder. Lots and lots of people think like she does.
    Curious, cause I honestly don't remember this off the top of my head from the campaign.

    Is she for banning it in all cases, including in times when the mother's life is in danger or cases of rape/incest?

    and

    Is she on record of saying there should be a national ban of it or the states should decide?

  3. #103
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So wait...you're going to get all twisted over 19 months in an executive position because its Palin, yet you won't acknowledge that your guy had 20 something weeks worth of experience as a junior senator?
    You aren't tracking what I'm saying. I admitted Obama had little to no experience at all. We were discussing Palin's qualifications, not Obama's, and I wasn't getting all twisted.
    Okay, Lerxst, we're just going to have to agree to disagree because I think the whole conversation just took on an air of being ridiculous. I'm not going to sit here and play your game of hunting down the details of everything Palin did as governor while you refuse to do the same for your little community organizer.
    Right, so you don't want to talk about Palin, which is who the conversation was about, but you're going to stomp off because I asked you to contain the discussion the topic. You were the one defending her experience, I simply took what you provided and began examining it. But now it's about me not wanting to talk about Obama. What the ****, I wasn't the one in here defending Obama's experience and qualifications was I? Did I make that argument? No I didn't. So why are you stomping off when I don't take up that mantle? Look, as I pointed out in an earlier post, I know the guy has little to no experience, I admit that. I also admit I voted for him despite that. There you go j, that is my position. I agree with you he's a babe in the woods with no executive experience. Can we kiss and make up now?

    Now, I would like to discuss Sarah Palin if we could. Since you were one of the only people in this thread who had the balls to actually step and define things about her that you felt were good qualifications, I'd appreciate a continuance of our discussion on your position.

    You basically hold Palin to a different standard because she has the R after her name and nothing more. It's beyond absurd.
    Oh whatever, that's horse dookey and you know it. What's absurd is you suggesting that, simply because I'm not up here slamming Obama when the conversation...the thread...was about Palin. All I did was take the defense you offered up and hammer away at it. If you don't want get any deeper into what you laid out there, fine, I understand. However my criticism stands.

    Look, I hold Palin's performance during the campaign against her, because that's all I have to go on. You apparently seem to think she did a bang up job, obviously I disagree. All four of those involved made horses asses of themselves at one point or another. I just chose to vote for black horse and I'm okay with that. I think he was the better choice, but not because I think he had more executive experience, or really experience of any kind, over anyone else. I just liked what he had to say and thought his direction was better for the country than McCains. It doesn't have to be more complicated than that.

    I still love you.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #104
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I find it amazing that those of us on the side of life are considered the extremists
    I'm sure many pro-choice liberals feel the same way when they see some of the pro-life rantings that occur. It's a hot issue, like religion. People on the left and right go too far with it in many cases if you ask me. It's not black and white to me.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #105
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    I'm sure many pro-choice liberals feel the same way when they see some of the pro-life rantings that occur. It's a hot issue, like religion. People on the left and right go too far with it in many cases if you ask me. It's not black and white to me.



    It is to me, considering that life is precious, I side on the side of science, that there is life there.. Though I don't call pro-abortion people "extremists" just misguided. That said, there have been numerous times I have been called an extremist or an "religious extremist" over this issue, when religion has nothing to do with my position.... Maybe I should start.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #106
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Address the subject about Palin's inexperience? I definitely addressed it; your willful denial of it doesn't change the FACT.

    How typical of you to rail about your "perceptions" of Palin but willingly ignore the FACT that you supported a candidate with far less experience and who is weakening this nation daily with his insane economic policies and putting the nation even more at risk from our enemies by releasing CIA memos for purely political purposes.

    Carry on!
    Oh please, oh please Great Truth Detector, show me where, in this discussion, you have addressed Palin's inexperience. All I saw you do was divert (like many on here) away from Palin's problems, and onto another target.

    It's not just a matter of how much experience a candidate has. It's a matter of the total package, the direction the candidate wants to take the country, as well as the direction the other guy wants to take the country. I have no problem standing here and saying I voted for Obama despite his lack of experience. In my opinion McCain was a much worse choice, especially with Sarah Palin at his side. Just because I voted for a guy with no experience doesn't disqualify me from talking about another persons lack of experience.
    You all are jumping to her defense, I'd just like to see you actually articulate your case. Making broad comments about what a governor does means nothing in the context of this argument...what is important in this argument is what she's actually done. You see Truth Detector, it's her actual experience as governor we were discussing, not her job description as governor.

    You can talk about his lack of experience all you want, I'll even help you out. He had literally NO experience. Yet here he is, doing the job. And that kills you. You don't really like what he's doing and that's fine, but some of us okay with his performance thus far, I'm giving him a C-. not bad for a guy with no executive experience. I think he'll only get better at his job as he goes along.

    So, now let's see you defend Sarah Palin's experience. And by defend her experience, I mean don't talk about Obama's lack of experience. You've seen my counter to Jallman's answers, start there. Or better yet, why don't you offer up some of these facts you are talking about all the time but rarely producing?
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #107
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It is to me, considering that life is precious, I side on the side of science, that there is life there.. Though I don't call pro-abortion people "extremists" just misguided. That said, there have been numerous times I have been called an extremist or an "religious extremist" over this issue, when religion has nothing to do with my position.... Maybe I should start.
    Well there is the difference between you and I then. I view life as precious also, but it's not my place to get involved in a woman's decision regarding abortion unless the fetus in question is mine. If one of my daughters were pregnant and considering abortion I would certainly get involved and provide my input in the matter, but in the end it would be her choice. I may not agree with the choice, but it's hers. Not mine.

    There are valid reasons for abortion. It's up to the mother and the medical community to sort those issues out.
    *insert profound statement here*

  8. #108
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It is to me, considering that life is precious, I side on the side of science, that there is life there.. Though I don't call pro-abortion people "extremists" just misguided. That said, there have been numerous times I have been called an extremist or an "religious extremist" over this issue, when religion has nothing to do with my position.... Maybe I should start.
    I really hate it when people refer to pro-choice as being pro-abortion. I don't know ANYONE who is pro-abortion. If I accidentally got pregnant and was told my child would have Down Syndrome, I would STILL have the baby. That is MY MY MY MY choice.

  9. #109
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,400

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I really hate it when people refer to pro-choice as being pro-abortion. I don't know ANYONE who is pro-abortion. If I accidentally got pregnant and was told my child would have Down Syndrome, I would STILL have the baby. That is MY MY MY MY choice.
    We're pro-child murder dear, please try and keep up.

    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #110
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,396

    Re: Palin stands against abortion during Ind. speech

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I really hate it when people refer to pro-choice as being pro-abortion. I don't know ANYONE who is pro-abortion. If I accidentally got pregnant and was told my child would have Down Syndrome, I would STILL have the baby. That is MY MY MY MY choice.


    If you do want abortion to be illegal, you are in my opinion "pro-abortion". This opinion is MY MY MY choice.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •